Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody buy or sell a 911R recently?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 07:47 PM
DK7
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts

Same here! For me 997 RS 4.0 is much more special (but think 997 RS 3.8 is not far away).
Much more special than any 991 R/GT.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:56 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
I just asked for a photo of this engineering-sample/test-vehicle Touring that you supposedly drove for three days. Stop beating around the bush.
Yes, a pic would be nice. I like the Touring.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:08 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Unotaz, please don't waist your breath on destaccado. His posts about R were already removed on some threads by admins. He regularly trolls the forum with bashing the R.
I drove own both R and T and drove them back to back for several days. I totally stand by your comments on how they feel and how they are setup. I have now put 2,000 miles on my R and have driven it on the track and on the road. Personally for me there is no better car.
Special comment for trolls: I am not a 918 owner, but I got my 911R for sticker from PCNA. Then I went and bought another one in Mexico Blue and paid way over sticker. That's how much I love this car. GT3T (especially with sofas) is a great daily driver nothing more. Better infotaiment? What a joke. If you drive T as you should the only thing you'll hear is the engine.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:19 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 1,007 Likes on 434 Posts

Fantastic. Ask your Porsche friends if there is any engineering difference between the T and the GT3? No engineering difference except the wing? Hmm....so if by that deduction, anyone who has driven the GT3 means they have driven the touring as well. So what makes the touring so special?

To formally answer your request for pics, I have lots of pics of the touring and my 911R. Can’t post them, as I have promised my PCNA friend not do. You can call it BS, but I will let the forum decide. Who do they want to listen to? Someone who bashed cars that he has never driven, or someone who is a known entity, with proper credentials. You want some hot wheels with my autograph?

Oh, please tell me more about your real world driving experience on the 918 and the CGT. I would love to hear your opinions. Only real experience, not YouTube or magazine articles reference please.

I love how you bash people here on Rennlist. If you know who some of these people are in real life, gentleman like Mr. Robert Linton and the things he do, you would learn to shut it.

Yes. That's exactly what I said. Thanks for the quoting me accurately. Flew you in a GT3 Touring means they "flew the car to you"; not "flew you to the car"...

The BS flag is flying high now sir. You didn't have a Touring for three days - you're completely full of it. While I'm not connected to Jay Leno - I do live in Baden-Wuerttemberg and have three semi-good friends that work for Porsche. Everybody loves a good laugh at a rich liar's expense and I know I can convince one of them to do a bit of digging to verify about the test cars they're supposedly borrowing you. Unfortunately, money doesn't buy class or integrity.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:22 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
Unotaz, please don't waist your breath on destaccado. His posts about R were already removed on some threads by admins. He regularly trolls the forum with bashing the R.
I drove own both R and T and drove them back to back for several days. I totally stand by your comments on how they feel and how they are setup. I have now put 2,000 miles on my R and have driven it on the track and on the road. Personally for me there is no better car.
Special comment for trolls: I am not a 918 owner, but I got my 911R for sticker from PCNA. Then I went and bought another one in Mexico Blue and paid way over sticker. That's how much I love this car. GT3T (especially with sofas) is a great daily driver nothing more. Better infotaiment? What a joke. If you drive T as you should the only thing you'll hear is the engine.
Congrats on the Mexico blue - that's my favorite color.

You might want to consider though that your friend is full of it and hasn't actually driven a Touring for three days. Which is why his comments sound like parroted ones that could have came from any discussion or news article on the two cars and his 3-day loan suddenly turned into him being a Porsche factory test driver on Jay Leno's Sony Gran Turismo racing team when it was pointed out that all the CA Tourings were still stuck due to CARB.

The new infotainment system is a step up for sure

"GT3T (especially with sofas) is a great daily driver nothing more."
- Nothing more except for the fact it's also a better track car than the R since it's faster and uses the superior motor. Now I can listen to tunes through Apple CarPlay in-between laps on Nurburgring public days. All that said, I definitely wish my car was Mexico Blue
Old 03-03-2018, 08:26 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unotaz

To formally answer your request for pics, I have lots of pics of the touring and my 911R. Can’t post them, as I have promised my PCNA friend not do.

I've got the required PCNA Top Secret security clearance so you can forward them to me privately and after confirming it's true I promise to tell everyone how wrong I was.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Some of you guys are hilarious. Look at the credentials of some of the people who are telling you how good the R is, and how different it is from a GT3.
none of them need to talk up the values, have any shortage of alternatives or have any diifficukty getting the cars they want. Indy Car drivers, team owners, guys who improve 911s for Porsche family members, multiple owners of multiple Brands and one-off specials, etc etc.
Doesn't make them better people, but maybe does add some credibility to what they say. No?

On the other hand, there are a load of people who've never driven the thing. It would take some kind of twisted logic to rely on the second group for the facts....
Old 03-03-2018, 08:32 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Obviously, your opinion doesn’t matter either, because you have no pictures, lol.

Other members here like JCBH who has driven the gt3 with his R at the same time, says the same thing. And we know there is zero difference between the GT3 and the Touring. Obviously, his experience is BS as well. But wait, he has pictures, lol.

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
Old 03-03-2018, 08:36 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Obviously, your opinion doesn’t matter either, because you have no pictures, lol.

Other members here like JCBH who has driven the gt3 with my R, says the same thing. And we know there is zero difference between the GT3 and the Touring. Obviously, his experience is BS as well. But wait, he has pictures, lol.

Na. I thought Wolfmobil's opinion was plenty valuable and I don't feel a need to ask him for pictures because I believe him --100%. I'm ecstatic for him that he's enjoying his R in the best color Porsche produces. For whatever reason, call it a hunch, I just don't believe you and your top secret 3-day test that PCNA doesn't want you to talk about. Honestly, I hope I'm wrong because otherwise, that's incredibly pathetic.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:47 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Great, don’t believe me then. What do I know? I only have a custom one-off 911R. Who am I? Nobody compared to you, with the “so claimed GT3” and the all-conquering A45. Please post pictures of your fine machines!

P.S. The GT2RS is fantastic as well. Didn’t have 3 days with it, just a few hours with the my 911R’s green brother and it was awesome. Wait, I can’t post pictures of it, so it must mean I’m lying.

Na. I thought Wolfmobil's opinion was plenty valuable and I don't feel a need to ask him for pictures because I believe him --100%. I'm ecstatic for him that he's enjoying his R in the best color Porsche produces. For whatever reason, call it a hunch, I just don't believe you and your top secret 3-day test that PCNA doesn't want you to talk about. Honestly, I hope I'm wrong because otherwise, that's incredibly pathetic.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:02 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately the details on my cars are actually classified as TS/SCI. Only Jay Leno and PCNA turning their switches simultaneously while rubbing their bellies and patting their heads can release the details on them.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:21 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

There is one thing where GT3T betters 911R - reverse camera!
Old 03-03-2018, 09:24 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 44 Posts

Other members here like JCBH who has driven the gt3 with his R at the same time, says the same thing. And we know there is zero difference between the GT3 and the Touring. Obviously, his experience is BS as well. But wait, he has pictures, lol.

Hey Guys this is actually kind of funny! I had pictures of GT3 and 911R and posted them. But apparently I didn't have the "sound meter test" so I went into the his BS category. If you don't have the same OPINION as his, your viewpoints are totally wrong. I learned not to waste my time.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:39 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tims16m
Hey Guys this is actually kind of funny! I had pictures of GT3 and 911R and posted them. But apparently I didn't have the "sound meter test" so I went into the his BS category. If you don't have the same OPINION as his, your viewpoints are totally wrong. I learned not to waste my time.
No Tim. The problem with you was how you were referring to one car being louder to the other in contradiction to reviews that were posted so I asked you to check the sound with a meter to verify. You never went into my BS category - I just don't believe your claim any more than I believe the review I posted which claims otherwise. If you learned not to waste your time -- why are you here begging for a response again?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:49 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 44 Posts

No Tim. The problem with you was how you were referring to one car being louder to the other in contradiction to reviews that were posted so I asked you to check the sound with a meter to verify. You never went into my BS category - I just don't believe your claim any more than I believe the review I posted which claims otherwise. If you learned not to waste your time -- why are you here begging for a response again?
Not asking you to respond.

Quick Reply: Anybody buy or sell a 911R recently?