Sponsored by:

Anybody buy or sell a 911R recently?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 06:05 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
So here is the skinny...I have a friend with a 91 mile car. White with green stripes.

CJ hit me with the wholesale value...not pretty.

If anyone has interest there is a deal to be made on this car. Only negative is car has no a/c or audio.
thats not an negative. Just open an window or wear a jacket. One of the biggest selling points in a very near future will be lightweight and a bit of an hardship/experience to live with. That's the perfect car for a colector and even someone looking to use it.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Recent barely driven R sold in the mid $300s. Black/Red stripes.

Discussion starts at 4:50 min mark.

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Phil-Rosenthal-25446
Old 02-26-2018, 09:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Last edited by FORENN; 05-03-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:40 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 294 Likes on 161 Posts

IMO, there isn't enough special about the R to hold it at 350K. To many other alternatives at much less. My .2GT3MT was 155K.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:43 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 57 Posts

The R and .2 GT3 are apples and oranges, and anyone that owns both will completely agree with me. R is special, GT3 is great but not "special" like the R. Long term values will echoed this sentiment I believe.

I am glad to see R's coming down slightly so that owners who will enjoy them can get them, but I also know longterm they will rise and be a tremendous collector for the Porsche community. I love mine, and its one car I will not sell. Cant say that about too many others!
Old 02-26-2018, 11:59 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 251 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by GRPerformance
The R and .2 GT3 are apples and oranges, and anyone that owns both will completely agree with me. R is special, GT3 is great but not "special" like the R. Long term values will echoed this sentiment I believe.

I am glad to see R's coming down slightly so that owners who will enjoy them can get them, but I also know longterm they will rise and be a tremendous collector for the Porsche community. I love mine, and its one car I will not sell. Cant say that about too many others!
I have never had the privilege of driving the R but I have heard this from more than one owner.

I believe I will be getting the Speedster and I hope it has the same “special” factor.

Would you take the 911r over a .2RS?
Old 02-27-2018, 12:06 AM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

I have never had the privilege of driving the R but I have heard this from more than one owner.

I believe I will be getting the Speedster and I hope it has the same “special” factor.

Would you take the 911r over a .2RS?
From what I see, yes. I am concerned the .2 RS is not that different from the .1. In many ways I prefer the .1 GT3 to the .2. I know thats all personal opinion, but I just am not convinced the new cars are that much different. Without a doubt I will not sell my R for any current 991.2 cars, I think it takes driving it, go for a road trip or blast down some beautiful UK backroads, and you will understand why I say that.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:32 AM
tims16m
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Recent barely driven R sold in the mid $300s. Black/Red stripes.

Discussion starts at 4:50 min mark.

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Phil-Rosenthal-25446
The co host of the podcast was really enthusiastic about the 911R and was eager to jump at the purchase of the 911R, INSPITE of a GT3 touring on the way.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:33 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GRPerformance
From what I see, yes. I am concerned the .2 RS is not that different from the .1. In many ways I prefer the .1 GT3 to the .2. I know thats all personal opinion, but I just am not convinced the new cars are that much different. Without a doubt I will not sell my R for any current 991.2 cars, I think it takes driving it, go for a road trip or blast down some beautiful UK backroads, and you will understand why I say that.
Agreed - I am keeping my 991.1 Viper Green RS (hopefully will never sell) and will definitely never sell the 911R. It is truly a keeper, and without a doubt the most exciting car I currently own. People do not understand the 911R until it is driven. I got a chance to drive the Motor Trend review 991.2 manual GT3 and PDK version a month or so ago, and it was so revealing how different the manual GT3 was versus the 911R. Totally different characteristics and tuning - steering, lightness of feel, suspension feel, overall character. Everyone who drove them back to back was so surprised how lively the 911R, describing it as a hot rod. Everyone was expecting the manual GT3 to be superior; it was not. I was convinced that my decision to pass on my GT3 Touring allocation was a good one. The suspension in the new 991.2 GT3 is too similar to the GT3RS that I have (also would never replace the .1 RS with the .2 GT3 PDK, as some have suggested they will). The 911R and 991.1 RS are the perfect combo, in my opinion. Just because something is newer does not mean it is better. Sometimes they get the secret sauce just perfect, and with the 911R, it is an incredible accomplishment.
Jeff
Old 02-27-2018, 12:54 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 251 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Agreed - I am keeping my 991.1 Viper Green RS (hopefully will never sell) and will definitely never sell the 911R. It is truly a keeper, and without a doubt the most exciting car I currently own. People do not understand the 911R until it is driven. I got a chance to drive the Motor Trend review 991.2 manual GT3 and PDK version a month or so ago, and it was so revealing how different the manual GT3 was versus the 911R. Totally different characteristics and tuning - steering, lightness of feel, suspension feel, overall character. Everyone who drove them back to back was so surprised how lively the 911R, describing it as a hot rod. Everyone was expecting the manual GT3 to be superior; it was not. I was convinced that my decision to pass on my GT3 Touring allocation was a good one. The suspension in the new 991.2 GT3 is too similar to the GT3RS that I have (also would never replace the .1 RS with the .2 GT3 PDK, as some have suggested they will). The 911R and 991.1 RS are the perfect combo, in my opinion. Just because something is newer does not mean it is better. Sometimes they get the secret sauce just perfect, and with the 911R, it is an incredible accomplishment.
Jeff
what was the final production numbers of the 911r?
Old 02-27-2018, 01:08 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

what was the final production numbers of the 911r?
Old 02-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Jeff
I would much rather have an R that a GT3T and agree with everything you said, which echos sentiments of other owners posted on here, however, I did find Chris Harris' comments on the GT3.2 motor very interesting in his video. His opinion was that the motor in the new GT3 was much stronger and livelier than the one in the R.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:43 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

I'll be eternally holding out for a silver/ green R for 250k I hope that day comes
Old 02-27-2018, 07:19 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,041 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I would much rather have an R that a GT3T and agree with everything you said, which echos sentiments of other owners posted on here, however, I did find Chris Harris' comments on the GT3.2 motor very interesting in his video. His opinion was that the motor in the new GT3 was much stronger and livelier than the one in the R.

I don't understand why he said the new GT3 motor was livelier...I've spent plenty of time in both now and it's not even CLOSE which one is the livelier one to me. The new motor has a little more mid range grunt for sure which is definitely appreciated...but it's not like it became a v12 either. After driving my friend's .2 manual I passed on the touring I had coming in as well (sorry guys that car is unavailable).
Old 02-27-2018, 07:24 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I don't understand why he said the new GT3 motor was livelier...I've spent plenty of time in both now and it's not even CLOSE which one is the livelier one to me. The new motor has a little more mid range grunt for sure which is definitely appreciated...but it's not like it became a v12 either. After driving my friend's .2 manual I passed on the touring I had coming in as well (sorry guys that car is unavailable).

Agreed, for my honestly I find the old motor to be more lively. I frankly find it to have a lot more top end power in the R, and believe it to be similar if not equal mid range. For me the R feels far more nimble and sporty on backroads. I did a recent canyon run with some of the guys on here, and I was blown away by what I perceived as a lack of top end strength in the new motor.

Again, everyone has their opinions, but to me its not a noticeable improvement to justify one over the other.

Quick Reply: Anybody buy or sell a 911R recently?