Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 06:59 PM
Solarium
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just found an older version "looped" JCR full catback exhaust for the 991.2. I read on the earlier threads that there were some sagging issues with the JCR and requires further mounting brackets. It looks like the JCR I bought already comes with the side brackets, so I asked JCR directly to see whether I will need further brackets. They told me there's also a center mounting bracket that I can purchase separately for $480 shipped. I would love a center bracket to make it more stable, but at $480 it's a bit hefty just for a bracket.

For those of you with the older "looped" version of the JCR exhaust, do you guys find the need for the center bracket even with the side brackets?
Old 04-02-2024, 10:33 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

Yes it is needed
Old 04-03-2024, 02:49 AM
inspire
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Solarium
I just found an older version "looped" JCR full catback exhaust for the 991.2. I read on the earlier threads that there were some sagging issues with the JCR and requires further mounting brackets. It looks like the JCR I bought already comes with the side brackets, so I asked JCR directly to see whether I will need further brackets. They told me there's also a center mounting bracket that I can purchase separately for $480 shipped. I would love a center bracket to make it more stable, but at $480 it's a bit hefty just for a bracket.

For those of you with the older "looped" version of the JCR exhaust, do you guys find the need for the center bracket even with the side brackets?
I don't have mine because it did not mount properly lol
The following users liked this post:
Solarium (04-04-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 05:51 AM
JabsZA
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Mark,

Yes, i am still under warranty. It came with one when I purchased the car a few months ago.

I am thinking of switching exhausts back to stock when going in for annual service + warranty extension end of Sept.

The guys at Reading told me that as long as no faults are registered, they dont have an issue...but i am not going to take the chance...ill just do the swap over before and after the service.

What about you?
Old 04-03-2024, 08:57 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 104 Posts

I was probably one of the first people to have the center-support mounting bracket. The side mounts tore out of their welds because there was too much vertical movement of the exhaust system from going over curbing at the track with no center support. JCR came up with a solution and sent it to me and I haven't had a problem since, although the tips are not fully tucked up into their cutout as they should be.

Assuming the bracket today is the same one I have, $480 is obnoxious for a bent, machined piece of steel and a handful of fasteners.
Solarium (04-04-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 03:07 PM
markiegt3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by JabsZA
Hi Mark,

Yes, i am still under warranty. It came with one when I purchased the car a few months ago.

I am thinking of switching exhausts back to stock when going in for annual service + warranty extension end of Sept.

The guys at Reading told me that as long as no faults are registered, they dont have an issue...but i am not going to take the chance...ill just do the swap over before and after the service.

What about you?
Yes, I will do the same before the next service, as some OPC's are very particular and put the car down as 'modified' apparently, instantly screwing up warranty claims.

If anything needs doing under warranty, again, I would put the car back to stock even if it is low loaded back & forth......a pain, but probably worth the hassle & expense if something big happened like engine failure.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 04-04-2024, 02:34 AM
Solarium
AutoX

Originally Posted by krell
I was probably one of the first people to have the center-support mounting bracket. The side mounts tore out of their welds because there was too much vertical movement of the exhaust system from going over curbing at the track with no center support. JCR came up with a solution and sent it to me and I haven't had a problem since, although the tips are not fully tucked up into their cutout as they should be.

Assuming the bracket today is the same one I have, $480 is obnoxious for a bent, machined piece of steel and a handful of fasteners.
How long did it take for the welds to tear out? The estimated arrival is 4 weeks and I wanted to install the JCR ASAP since I just can't wait lol. It's a bit pricey for the bracket but I figured it's for a piece of mind. Do you know if there's any other solution besides the one JCR makes? Is there another aftermarket part?
Old 04-04-2024, 09:19 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

How long did it take for the welds to tear out? The estimated arrival is 4 weeks and I wanted to install the JCR ASAP since I just can't wait lol. It's a bit pricey for the bracket but I figured it's for a piece of mind. Do you know if there's any other solution besides the one JCR makes? Is there another aftermarket part?
I don't recall the exact amount of time but a year probably, with maybe six track days and street driving mixed in (non-daily and stored in winter). If your car is only driven on the street, put the exhaust on and enjoy it, then go back and do the bracket if you have access to a lift or ramps.

I'm not aware of another solution.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:51 PM
Solarium
AutoX

I don't recall the exact amount of time but a year probably, with maybe six track days and street driving mixed in (non-daily and stored in winter). If your car is only driven on the street, put the exhaust on and enjoy it, then go back and do the bracket if you have access to a lift or ramps.

I'm not aware of another solution.
I think I'm going to just buy it and install it once the bracket comes. The bracket should come after the exhaust already installed, so would installing the bracket require for them to disassemble the exhaust again? Or would it just be a pretty simple process?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2024, 09:06 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

I didn't install the bracket but there's not much to the part itself, and I don't think the exhaust has to be removed to put it on.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:11 PM
3RSToad
Cruisin'

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I recently installed Soul Catless LT Headers with JCR Original Ti Loop and it is unreal sounding, the howl is unlike anything I've ever heard before!

I have some videos/shorts on my youtube channel "vipertoad" if you want to hear this combination!
The following 2 users liked this post by 3RSToad:
inspire (04-10-2024), mashoutposse (09-13-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 09:11 PM
hyperspeedy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you happen to have a picture of the center bracket? i just installed the looped JCR exhaust on my .2 3RS and the valves are awfully close to the diffuser tray that comes with RSs... I am thinking the center support bracket is what i'm needing.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:58 AM
DEALKLR911
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 43 Posts
Default GMG

I went GMG center only. Pretty badass. Next car will be Dundon…or there is always the possibility I go nuts and do a Deman upgrade to my 991.2 versus getting a 992 gt3 touring.

I’m torn. The 991.2 is so much more of a drivers car than my last 3 992s I’ve owned.

Old 04-18-2024, 06:59 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DEALKLR911
I went GMG center only. Pretty badass. Next car will be Dundon…or there is always the possibility I go nuts and do a Deman upgrade to my 991.2 versus getting a 992 gt3 touring.

I’m torn. The 991.2 is so much more of a drivers car than my last 3 992s I’ve owned.
I’ve been thinking doing the same thing. Getting a 4.5 Deman upgrade of my 991.2 in the future.
DEALKLR911 (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 07:13 PM
DEALKLR911
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by zizu
I’ve been thinking doing the same thing. Getting a 4.5 Deman upgrade of my 991.2 in the future.
Yes!! I watched that Miami Miles on YouTube and he almost has me sold.

today I went to Stuttgart and saw the 911r and fell in more love with the 991tthan I was before.

Last edited by DEALKLR911; 04-18-2024 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3