Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:03 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
I think more need to do side delete with valves, 1500 bucks and be done with rear center delete. They sound perfect, loud, loose weight, and give you header options later down the road.
That seems like a good way to go but how does it sound? Any droning at all?
Old 06-23-2018, 06:05 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

no drone, valved and louder than most centers, dump the weigh, fit is perfect. and move on. really a crazy conversation not to start there. they purr, not boom, and are crisp. best mod period. just need to pull the bumper, so no one wants to do the work, uber simple,
Old 06-23-2018, 06:08 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

I heard that side deletes will give you a moderate increase in noise (less variance between valves open and closed as gas etc passes through center muffler) and slightly different tone, whereas center bypass will give you a more pronounced difference between valves open and closed with overall a larger increase in noise

John @ AutoQuest told me this, I appreciate him taking the time to talk and walk me through the exhaust options over the phone as an interested bystander (have ZERO experience with either FWIW)
Old 06-23-2018, 06:14 PM
Dougr743
Pro

I hate the valves, but cant deal with drone for 200 miles. The side deletes are where i started, then will do headers, i did fabspeed, great product, then will add the long tube race header at some point, but the transition from closed to open on side deletes is so much smoother than rear center delete. I think they are loud compared to stock, and my buddy has a shark weeks and I cannot tell a difference in loud, although different tone.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:49 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts

I hate the valves, but cant deal with drone for 200 miles. The side deletes are where i started, then will do headers, i did fabspeed, great product, then will add the long tube race header at some point, but the transition from closed to open on side deletes is so much smoother than rear center delete. I think they are loud compared to stock, and my buddy has a shark weeks and I cannot tell a difference in loud, although different tone.
are you saying SW is same level sound as stock? Thanks
Old 06-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drdonger
It is insane that these rear bypasses cost $3000, and that many people would pay $3000 for some bent stainless steal pipes. I paid a little more for a valves titanium exhaust WITH side bypasses.
what system do you recommend? Thanks
Old 06-23-2018, 07:58 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drdonger
I wish people would believe me and try the IPE catback system. You get rid of side mufflers, save weight, less heat and it the rear portion has valves. Great build quality, great sound and no drone. The valves are even heat shielded. The only other route I would go is race headers. For everything else, it makes zero sense not to do IPE.
does it not sound totally different than a Porsche GT3 like an F1?
Old 06-23-2018, 09:00 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

are you saying SW is same level sound as stock? Thanks
SharkWerks: Not even close to stock sounding at any point of the RPM range, which is a VERY good thing!
Old 06-24-2018, 01:38 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think more need to do side delete with valves, 1500 bucks and be done with rear center delete. They sound perfect, loud, loose weight, and give you header options later down the road.
Hey Doug. Can you post some videos of your side deletes. I am leaning towards that as well instead of the center bypass. If the longest I drive is 40 miles, should I just do the valveless side deletes? I really hate the opening and closing of the valves.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:43 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
I really hate the opening and closing of the valves.
Just pull the vacuum tubes off the valves, plug the tubes with a screw and zip tie them to stop them flapping and valves stay open all the time. Problem solved.
Side deletes much better for sound than center delete or delete all of them and if there is some drone just feather the gas or change gear. Theses cars need to sound like they look. Stock sound is not becoming of a GT car!! 😈
Old 06-24-2018, 02:49 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,046 Likes on 5,250 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199

Just pull the vacuum tubes off the valves, plug the tubes with a screw and zip tie them to stop them flapping and valves stay open all the time. Problem solved.
Side deletes much better for sound than center delete or delete all of them and if there is some drone just feather the gas or change gear. Theses cars need to sound like they look. Stock sound is not becoming of a GT car!! 😈
You lose low end torque.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:10 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
What I'd like to confirm is there is NO power/torque change (read: loss) with just a center section bypass...
I believe the loss of torque is when the valves are no longer present. I believe the valves create back pressure.
Originally Posted by Robert Linton
As you delete, will you decrease back pressure and reduce torque?
Valve delete, I believe so. I also believe, after speaking with John (who is awesome by the way) that on a Center muffler delete, most valved systems when closed route the air tona dofferent section of the Center Muffler which isn’t their on an Center bypass. I could have misunderstood this point, but I don’t believe so.
no drone, valved and louder than most centers, dump the weigh, fit is perfect. and move on. really a crazy conversation not to start there. they purr, not boom, and are crisp. best mod period. just need to pull the bumper, so no one wants to do the work, uber simple,
It was my understanding side delete isn’t as loud as centre bypass. Can you confirm please?
Originally Posted by Ducati1199

Can you expand on why you feel side delete sounds better? I was under the impression center bypass sounds louder and better.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Dougr743
Pro

I don't have a meter or plan on getting one to see what level louder is? So i just went with fabspeed because of the steps able to complete a full system without dumping the center delete. I have to make a video but have no skills ing video production.lol will be home this week and heading to the smokies for a few days, will try to make one. I can't see why anyone would want to retain those side mufflers. its like putting 6 bowling ***** in the back seat area, why? Dump the weight and then if you really need loud, add the center delete to the side deletes.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:21 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Too bad you can’t trick the ecu to keep the valve open all the time when the pse button is turned on.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
You lose low end torque.
Don't drive car under 4000 rpm!! 😁

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3