Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the Touring Really Lose the Carbon Fiber in the Engine Bay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 09:49 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij

Also, note how much higher the touring wing goes up compared to the R. There was some chatter that it as cab wing height (apparently they go up higher). It should add more downforce at the cost of drag.
Great point. It looks like they made some deliberate aero changes vs. the R
Old 11-18-2017, 12:31 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
So 5 lugs would be a compromise over centerlocks? More interesting still... I'm not 100% sure what compromise means to you in this case.
I was being facetious. I should rephrase...they should offer SMALLER Carrera S wheels with "touring" tires since ultimately, the touring DOES compromise on ultimate performance, aero forces, etc. than the normal GT3. I say "normal" because the normal GT3 is the benchmark standard and the touring is compromised in some aspects...Looks are purely subjective of course, but there is less downforce from deleted areo, etc etc., blah blah.

For instance...there'll never be a touring version in performance magazines when they compare a GT3 against other competitors. It'll always be a winged variant.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:32 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
So 5 lugs would be a compromise over centerlocks? More interesting still... I'm not 100% sure what compromise means to you in this case.
Originally Posted by StudGarden
I don €™t even think carbon fiber looks good anyway. Most of the time when you see it it €™s fake anyway, but even real carbon fiber is fugly. It exists because it €™s lightweight. Bless it €™s heart. But I just don €™t get the fascination with wanting to see it.
Wrong..it looks better

Quick Reply: Does the Touring Really Lose the Carbon Fiber in the Engine Bay?