Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 07:28 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
Colour choice assistance:

Black: looks good and is rare on 991 RS
White: looks good but is a bit high contrast with all the black bits and was launch colour of .1 GT3
Guards: Looks good but was launch colour of .2 GT3
Yellow: looks good but is launch colour on GT2
GT: looks good but was a standard colour last time
Crayon: looks good but has been on too many panameras and other things recently
Lava: looks good but was launch colour of .1
Miami: looks good but was .2 Carrera launch colour
Lizard: looks awesome and defines this .2 RS

So in summary. Lizard. Or second choice black, especially if you want to slightly mute out all the scoops etc.

With Lizard you may as well get the black/green wheels to complete the look.

With Black you may as well get the gold.

Done
I thought 2rs launch was silver?
Old 02-21-2018, 07:28 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 639 Likes on 421 Posts

^ I assume when you say 2019 you mean calendar year 2019 production? All RS (in the US at least) will be 2019 MY cars.

Heard the same, no US allocations yet and got the feeling it would be longer than this weekend until they find out. Wondering what others have heard.

Hopefully by Geneva they will have more news on the emissions changes and when the cutover will be.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:34 PM
EST
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Taffy66
The total weight saving for a WP RS versus a standard RS in the US is 17.6Kg which comprises the 6.1Kg on the carbon bits and bobs and the 11.5Kg for the magnesium rims.
This is exactly the same as a Euro spec RS without the clubsport pack..If however you compare both clubsport versions then the titanium cage saves a further 11Kg over thr standard steel cage giving a total saving of nearly 29Kg for Euro RS's.
I realise the the WP is much better value in Europe compared to the US if you've picked the clubsport pack..In fact if i was in the US i would never consider the WP but as i reside in the UK i'm seriously considering it..
Save your WP money and spend it to Akrapovic Evo Race (-22,2kg) and to the last Porsche Orig.Lithium battery (-13,5kg) for total around 12-13.000€
And you even get more power and torque. This is what I am considering.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:36 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

There is post between yours and mine and your "^" if that question for me, I meant "2019 production", you are correct. Your dealer if it is big enough in your region they would know by now how many this week they are getting. For this round-1, I'm sure there will be a few more after round-1.

You are again correct. The GT3RS 991.2 will be MY 2019 model year. For example, my 991.1 GT3RS was spec'd early May of 2015. I accepted delivery of my 991.1 GT3RS August 2015 as MY 2016 model. Hope this helps.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by signes
^ I assume when you say 2019 you mean calendar year 2019 production? All RS (in the US at least) will be 2019 MY cars.

Heard the same, no US allocations yet and got the feeling it would be longer than this weekend until they find out. Wondering what others have heard.

Hopefully by Geneva they will have more news on the emissions changes and when the cutover will be.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:00 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 639 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
There is post between yours and mine and your "^" if that question for me, I meant "2019 production", you are correct. Your dealer if it is big enough in your region they would know by now how many this week they are getting. For this round-1, I'm sure there will be a few more after round-1.

You are again correct. The GT3RS 991.2 will be MY 2019 model year. For example, my 991.1 GT3RS was spec'd early May of 2015. I accepted delivery of my 991.1 GT3RS August 2015 as MY 2016 model. Hope this helps.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Will try copying it this time, a lot of activity now...

Good, on the same page. I'll check back in with my dealer Saturday. I feel good about getting a car (at some point) but assume 918 guys have dibs on early allocations.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:15 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Cool. Just stay on top of it. I'm speeding up the order process early just because I don't want the "Particulate Filter." It may be a miniscule difference in performance, but I just don't like to have the "Particulate Filter" on my 2019 991.2 GT3RS. Good luck!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Will try copying it this time, a lot of activity now...

Good, on the same page. I'll check back in with my dealer Saturday. I feel good about getting a car (at some point) but assume 918 guys have dibs on early allocations.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 PM
andrewordrew
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The US currently only plans to homologate and certify for MY2019. The EU-relevant Otto Particulate Filter is not US-relevant and not planned for implementation in US cars, even if the EU must comply via a running change or similar.

Most everything I read on here is inaccurate conjecture and misinformation plus opinions. I don’t recommend waiting around for some option / feature / color which may never come. It’s a badass car; if you can get one, I highly recommend it. Buy it for how it drives, not all the other BS.
Just my personal wheel choice, of course... and wheels are like opinions: everybody has one. Or something.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:06 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,888 Likes on 973 Posts

Facebook Post
Old 02-21-2018, 09:21 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewordrew

The US currently only plans to homologate and certify for MY2019. The EU-relevant Otto Particulate Filter is not US-relevant and not planned for implementation in US cars, even if the EU must comply via a running change or similar.

Most everything I read on here is inaccurate conjecture and misinformation plus opinions. I don’t recommend waiting around for some option / feature / color which may never come. It’s a badass car; if you can get one, I highly recommend it. Buy it for how it drives, not all the other BS.
Just my personal wheel choice, of course... and wheels are like opinions: everybody has one. Or something.
A-freakin'-men
Old 02-21-2018, 10:51 PM
tvasbn
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 43 Posts

The standard 911 GT3 RS wheel is Satin Aurum. Aurum Metallic is a color featured on the Macan. This is similar, barring minor differences in appearance between the application (forged aluminum alloy wheel), sheen (high-gloss), and metallic content. Note: the wheel center caps will feature the "RS" logo in Lizard Green.

I'm new to Rennlist, so... something something Cleaning Lady, something something ADM, something something PTS, something something Sofa Seats, something something else.

Just change my config to exactly this combo.

Where did you find this?

The wheels are not the exact color like Chris Harris touring, i think his are more red/orange then this on the RS.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:51 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
The wart it on top of my list to scratch off, but I need to read about functionality a bit more.
Mostly because ED delivery track time will be before I swap my VBox..
Remove the wart use Harry's for ED
Old 02-21-2018, 10:55 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Wholly **** I am cashing my retirement to buy this work of art!
Lmao. Similar to how I feel for my incoming .2 GT3
Old 02-21-2018, 11:09 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tvasbn
Just change my config to exactly this combo.

Where did you find this?

The wheels are not the exact color like Chris Harris touring, i think his are more red/orange then this on the RS.
The standard 911 GT3 RS wheel is Satin Aurum. Aurum Metallic is a color featured on the Macan. This is similar, barring minor differences in appearance between the application (forged aluminum alloy wheel), sheen (high-gloss), and metallic content. Note: the wheel center caps will feature the "RS" logo in Lizard Green.

I'm new to Rennlist, so... something something Cleaning Lady, something something ADM, something something PTS, something something Sofa Seats, something something else.

Good information. The wheel color has a bronze cast to it which looks very good to me, a Macan in Aurum Metallic to compare to. It's different from the more yellow gold color I associate with BBS and other "gold" wheels, like on this 991.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:19 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,245 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Remove the wart use Harry's for ED
I just brought Solo DL and gopro with me. plug it into odb on the spot and ready to go.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:27 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I thought 2rs launch was silver?
You might be right. There are a lot of silver pictures. I thought I remembered there being a yellow one at some point.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS