991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018 | 11:41 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

I hope you guys were already in line a long time ago. Dealer just informed me allocations will be handed out this Saturday. Follow up with your SA ASAP.

Dealer asked me if I still want one. I said I wanted and expected it yesterday.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 02-21-2018 | 11:49 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I can't get the configurator to work. I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox. Sometimes the photo will load. Other times it's blank with an error message. Something about image can't be retrieved or something. It happens depending on which options I choose. Configurator for every car has always been glitchy like that for me. And 3D view never works, regardless of browser. I'm on a Macbook Pro, running the latest iOS.
Old 02-21-2018 | 11:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Sweet!!!!...do you think Porsche will get the app for Chrono Package with Preparation for Lap Trigger
QR5 for $550 ever working properly?
The wart it on top of my list to scratch off, but I need to read about functionality a bit more.
Mostly because ED delivery track time will be before I swap my VBox..
Old 02-21-2018 | 11:57 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I can't get the configurator to work. I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox. Sometimes the photo will load. Other times it's blank with an error message. Something about image can't be retrieved or something. It happens depending on which options I choose. Configurator for every car has always been glitchy like that for me. And 3D view never works, regardless of browser. I'm on a Macbook Pro, running the latest iOS.
It works fairy good for me on a MacBook Pro with Safari.
3D needs to be in fullscreen view to work and it take some time before it will react on the "fullview" button.

If I wanted to be funny I could say that running the latest iOS on your Mac is maybe the problem I'm using Mac OS.
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:04 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
I hope you guys were already in line a long time ago. Dealer just informed me allocations will be handed out this Saturday. Follow up with your SA ASAP.

Dealer asked me if I still want one. I said I wanted and expected it yesterday.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
i am assuming you mean handed out by porsche to each individual dealer across the country or just your dealer handing them out on saturday to their clients? thanks!
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:14 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Default UK Build

Got a call from my dealer. My build locks THIS FRIDAY!

1) Is there no Weissach Pack? It’s not showing up on the UK configurator.

2) Is there a Livery option?

3) I don’t think there is PTS. Can anyone confirm

4) Is Lizard a must for this car in terms of future value? My want it strong for black but I hope to trade it for a speedster down the line.
Thinking of going Black on this bad boy
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:18 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Black and GT silver with gold wheels looks very good to me. My wife would absolutely hate a green car but it looks like fun to me.
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:26 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kobalt
It works fairy good for me on a MacBook Pro with Safari.
3D needs to be in fullscreen view to work and it take some time before it will react on the "fullview" button.

If I wanted to be funny I could say that running the latest iOS on your Mac is maybe the problem I'm using Mac OS.
Nah, 3D doesn't work regardless of full screen or not. Always looks like a photo negative. Like the lights are off. No color, just a black car shape. I don't even care about that. The regular 2D images never work either. Always "requesting the image has encountered an error" if I select any options. The base configuration works. I can see all the images. But if I change anything, like the wheels or headlights or brakes, then the images won't load. I've tried it on an older Macbook as well, running Snow Leopard.
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:27 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

They got their act together now.
Not really - peak power is at 8,450 rpm (should make for very exciting feel near redline)...
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:36 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Nah, 3D doesn't work regardless of full screen or not. Always looks like a photo negative. Like the lights are off. No color, just a black car shape. I don't even care about that. The regular 2D images never work either. Always "requesting the image has encountered an error" if I select any options. The base configuration works. I can see all the images. But if I change anything, like the wheels or headlights or brakes, then the images won't load. I've tried it on an older Macbook as well, running Snow Leopard.
I tested the US configurator and yes: it doesn't work very well (Safari).

I switched to Google Chrome and suddenly at least the images loaded properly.
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:40 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I tested the US configurator and yes: it doesn't work very well (Safari).

I switched to Google Chrome and suddenly at least the images loaded properly.
Yup... I've tried Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera. Doesn't work on any of them on two different Macs. One running latest software, the other running software a few years old. I tried my friend's PC as well with Chrome and Internet Explorer. Same thing. This isn't just with the new RS. But any Porsche car.

Seems to be random. Sometimes the image will load. But if I change an option then it doesn't work again. If I put the options back to how they were when it worked, it doesn't work again. It seems to be a problem on the server's end. Not on the computer.
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:48 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Aurum is latin for Gold.

I'd guess this color is a bit "more gold" then the "white gold" gt2rs rims.
Yes. Chris Harris got wheels in gold on his GT3 Touring and the chatter was that they were Aurum Metallic (as no one knew that satin Aurum would be the stock GT3RS wheel color then), but my guess is that they are GT3 RS winter wheels in satin aurum.

As noted above, the pictures make Satin Aurum look very similar to the cayenne color Aurum Metallic. Also interesting is all the wheels are satin finish now.
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:49 PM
Hex
Pro

see below
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:52 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Dealer asked me if I still want one.
Raquel Welch: did you still want that BJ after we have sex?

GT3RS-Fan1: uhhh, give me a moment to think ab......YES!
Old 02-21-2018 | 12:56 PM
Hex
Pro

So there is no magnesium wheel option on the configurator. Are they available in the USA? Also, the Weissach package has a time constraint on it saying available in June.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS