GT3.2 Touring options advice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 02:22 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GT3.2 Touring options advice!

Hello fellow Rennlisters,

I am fortunate to be allocated a GT3.2 for next year so now I'm ready to spec it out. I will be going with the touring edition. I have a few questions hoping a few owners can help with.

1. GT silver vs GBM? I saw a GBM and it was stunning but the GT silver has sentimental value (a good friend and rennlist member recently passed away and he loved GT silver)

2. Satin aluminum wheels vs standard silver? I've seen pictures, in sunlight there is a noticeable brighter difference in satin aluminum.

3. PCCB vs Iron brakes? I have iron brakes on GT4 and it needs a wash every weekend. Not sure if the PCCB is worth the 9k but they look awesome ? Won't be tracking this car much since I have other cheaper options currently.

4. Since I'm going with silver or satin aluminum wheels would silver LED headlights work better?

5. Thoughts on leather interior vs standard? had it on GT4 and Macan GTS, honestly couldn't really appreciate it after a while.

6. Silver vs black exterior trim given silver wheels?

7. Bose or standard speakers? Bose on Macan sounds amazing, standard speakers on GT4 were fine, engine was so loud I really didn't enjoy the music.

Does anyone know how to get the porsche side stripe aftermarket? exclusive is $$$

Thank you all for your input! sample photos greatly appreciated!
Old 11-05-2017, 02:44 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by oslermarine
Hello fellow Rennlisters,

I am fortunate to be allocated a GT3.2 for next year so now I'm ready to spec it out. I will be going with the touring edition. I have a few questions hoping a few owners can help with.

1. GT silver vs GBM? I saw a GBM and it was stunning but the GT silver has sentimental value (a good friend and rennlist member recently passed away and he loved GT silver) no question here. GT Silver. It will remind you of your friend and be a sort of tribute to him.

2. Satin aluminum wheels vs standard silver? I've seen pictures, in sunlight there is a noticeable brighter difference in satin aluminum. i prefer black Wheels and black trim but I would go satin between your two choices. Stick with black trim.

3. PCCB vs Iron brakes? I have iron brakes on GT4 and it needs a wash every weekend. Not sure if the PCCB is worth the 9k but they look awesome ? Won't be tracking this car much since I have other cheaper options currently. yellow looks great but red contrasted with Silver looks fantastic. 9k savings with red. Get your Wheels ceramic coated so you don’t go mad cleaning the dust off.

4. Since I'm going with silver or satin aluminum wheels would silver LED headlights work better? i recently went through this question with a friend. Standard lights are fine but if you need LEDs I would go black to match the other black components of the touring “black trim packageâ€

5. Thoughts on leather interior vs standard? had it on GT4 and Macan GTS, honestly couldn't really appreciate it after a while. leather, take the 9k savings from the PCCBs and deck the interior out.

6. Silver vs black exterior trim given silver wheels? black. Personally chrome looks cheap to me.

7. Bose or standard speakers? Bose on Macan sounds amazing, standard speakers on GT4 were fine, engine was so loud I really didn't enjoy the music. I would Bose it. Not so much for sound performance but more for resale Some need to have Bose for some reason.

Does anyone know how to get the porsche side stripe aftermarket? exclusive is $$$. not sure but it looks great on the examples I’ve seen

Send a code over when done!
Old 11-05-2017, 03:08 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
am fortunate to be allocated a GT3.2 for next year so now I'm ready to spec it out. I will be going with the touring edition. I have a few questions hoping a few owners can help with.

1. GT silver vs GBM? I saw a GBM and it was stunning but the GT silver has sentimental value (a good friend and rennlist member recently passed away and he loved GT silver) no question here. GT Silver. It will remind you of your friend and be a sort of tribute to him. Either colour would be a great choice on a Touring

2. Satin aluminum wheels vs standard silver? I've seen pictures, in sunlight there is a noticeable brighter difference in satin aluminum. i prefer black Wheels and black trim but I would go satin between your two choices. Stick with black trim.I'd go with black wheels if you choose Big Red brakes, otherwise Satin Aluminum or stock colour with PCCB

3. PCCB vs Iron brakes? I have iron brakes on GT4 and it needs a wash every weekend. Not sure if the PCCB is worth the 9k but they look awesome ? Won't be tracking this car much since I have other cheaper options currently. yellow looks great but red contrasted with Silver looks fantastic. 9k savings with red. Get your Wheels ceramic coated so you don’t go mad cleaning the dust off.I won't be tracking my Touring either but really prefer the feel of PCCB on the street over iron, it's a matter of preference

4. Since I'm going with silver or satin aluminum wheels would silver LED headlights work better? i recently went through this question with a friend. Standard lights are fine but if you need LEDs I would go black to match the other black components of the touring “black trim package†All depends on which colour of car, Black LED with GT Silver and black wheels work, but with GBM you need some lighter tones, IMO

5. Thoughts on leather interior vs standard? had it on GT4 and Macan GTS, honestly couldn't really appreciate it after a while. leather, take the 9k savings from the PCCBs and deck the interior out. I'd go with leather, it's both visual and tactile.

6. Silver vs black exterior trim given silver wheels? black. Personally chrome looks cheap to me.
I prefer the silver trim on a Touring simply for the retro feel it gives the car
7. Bose or standard speakers? Bose on Macan sounds amazing, standard speakers on GT4 were fine, engine was so loud I really didn't enjoy the music. I would Bose it. Not so much for sound performance but more for resale Some need to have Bose for some reason. Bose 100%

Does anyone know how to get the porsche side stripe aftermarket? exclusive is $$$. not sure but it looks great on the examples I’ve seenSuncoast sells them, not sure how pricing compares to CXX. It's something I'm also considering

Send a code over when done!
Great choices!
Old 11-05-2017, 05:22 PM
gtr
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow, like me I was going GT3T with GT silver and chrome look and thanks for asking the questions. You keeping your GT4? I decided to let go the GT4 along with the Macan GTS. I plan on replacing the GTS with the Sport Turismo.

Are you guys getting sports chrono? I'm just getting bucket for resale since everyone want that and debating about leather. I was thinking PCCB just for the yellow and clean wheels but 9k is hard to justify

All my cars were black out wheels. I feel the Touring should have a classic retro chrome look.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:30 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Thank you guys for the input! yea I'm getting rid of the GT4 and keeping macan GTS, I have a focus RS for track duty lol.

GT silver with aluminum wheels, silver LED, and chrome trim to match? or too much silver?

Everytime I see PCCB I oogle over them, to get it is impulsive...must resist!
Old 11-05-2017, 05:45 PM
gtr
Racer

, I have a focus RS for track duty lol.
lol u have similar taste. I went with the Civic type R. I liked the way it drove.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:53 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Haha that's awesome, yea type R is great on the track.

Here's my first iteration, went with standard silver wheels after looking at some photos on the forums.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ3CZGR7
Old 11-05-2017, 05:59 PM
gtr
Racer

Since u went touring in black with black led you might as well go black or Platinum wheels to match. I'm planning on silver wheels, lights and chrome trim.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:03 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

touring black with black leds no way
Old 11-05-2017, 06:09 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

I was thinking going for that look
Old 11-05-2017, 06:11 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

better example...with the side stripe

Old 11-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,289 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
touring black with black leds no way
Agree black car with black LEDs is a no go.

Just stick with PDLS regular or regular LED.

for a retro car like the touring, I’d go with regular Xenons and PDLS. Better fits the character of the car, and due to US regulations the LEDS provide no additional brightness on high beams and they weigh 10lbs more than the Xenons.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:57 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

points well taken, the xenons with PDLS are black housing with chrome around the bulb? It would save me $1500 too haha. I didn't know the LEDs weigh more. Only hesitation is that all the other lights are LED
Old 11-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

I have a GT silver coming (black with pCCB and red highlights) BUT:

Try this:

GBM
Satin Alu Wheels
PCCB
Chrome Touring option
Extend the leather in the interior with LWB's
yellow seat belts
Silver lights
BOSE
paint the side skirts (reduce amount of black bits)
No stickers. Keep it clean.

Will blow out the budget a little, but will look amazing in my opinion.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,289 Likes on 679 Posts

points well taken, the xenons with PDLS are black housing with chrome around the bulb? It would save me $1500 too haha. I didn't know the LEDs weigh more. Only hesitation is that all the other lights are LED
Regular Xenons are clear, Xenons with PDLS have grey housing, and appear light grey, which goes better on a black car, and compliment the silver window trim, so recommend Xenons with PDLS.

They don’t clash with led turn signals, as the LED turn signals look just like any other turn signal if no one told you otherwise.

Quick Reply: GT3.2 Touring options advice!