Sponsored by:

GT3.2 Touring options advice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 06:28 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by oslermarine
points well taken, the xenons with PDLS are black housing with chrome around the bulb? It would save me $1500 too haha. I didn't know the LEDs weigh more. Only hesitation is that all the other lights are LED
+ the daytime run lights on LED are distinctive and cool!
Maybe not worth $1500 though...
Old 11-06-2017, 07:01 PM
MMH78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

better example...with the side stripe

I am going with this setting GT Silver, June 2018 delivery.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:19 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by MMH78
I am going with this setting GT Silver, June 2018 delivery.

Last edited by NVRANUF; 11-06-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:25 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Hello fellow Rennlisters,

I am fortunate to be allocated a GT3.2 for next year so now I'm ready to spec it out. I will be going with the touring edition. I have a few questions hoping a few owners can help with.

1. GT silver vs GBM? I saw a GBM and it was stunning but the GT silver has sentimental value (a good friend and rennlist member recently passed away and he loved GT silver)

2. Satin aluminum wheels vs standard silver? I've seen pictures, in sunlight there is a noticeable brighter difference in satin aluminum.

3. PCCB vs Iron brakes? I have iron brakes on GT4 and it needs a wash every weekend. Not sure if the PCCB is worth the 9k but they look awesome ? Won't be tracking this car much since I have other cheaper options currently.

4. Since I'm going with silver or satin aluminum wheels would silver LED headlights work better?

5. Thoughts on leather interior vs standard? had it on GT4 and Macan GTS, honestly couldn't really appreciate it after a while.

6. Silver vs black exterior trim given silver wheels?

7. Bose or standard speakers? Bose on Macan sounds amazing, standard speakers on GT4 were fine, engine was so loud I really didn't enjoy the music.

Does anyone know how to get the porsche side stripe aftermarket? exclusive is $$$

Thank you all for your input! sample photos greatly appreciated!
GT silver. GBM is pretty but IMO nowhere near as timeless as GT. If you’re a GT baller/bouncer get GBM but if you plan on keeping it, GT all the way. Best color available IMO.

Naked wheels. Just more pure looking. I’ve never liked painted wheels though.

Steel. More flexibility, WAY cheaper in the long run (you can get a TON of brake jobs for the 10 grand buy in, and heaven help you if you ever have to replace them it’s almost like the cost of an engine). Plus yellow calipers look too corvette-ish.

PDLS. Its the sweet spot in performance and looks IMO.

Leather. Alcantara sucks. It feels gross and gets worse with age. Are you really going to drive it so hard that leather won’t afford you a sufficient gripping surface?

Black. Absolutely pops but in a low key classy way.

Boss. Better to have it and not need it than to want it and not have it.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:15 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I went to the dealer to spec out the car. Few things I noticed. Definitely liked the LED better than xenon. The GBM is gorgeous, it's a chameleon in the way it changes colors depending on lighting. Silver trim pulls your eyes away from the wheels which I think will prompt me to get the black trim although this may change. Here's my draft build. Comments appreciated!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJR51I96
Old 11-19-2017, 04:43 PM
nszombie
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better example...with the side stripe

Sweet, this is exactly my config, except opted for the standard Xenon+PDLS lights. Delivery in Jun 2018.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:47 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nszombie
Sweet, this is exactly my config, except opted for the standard Xenon+PDLS lights. Delivery in Jun 2018.
Congrats man! It will look stunning!

I'm assuming everyone is getting extended fuel range tank right? I didn't have it on my GT4 and I was going to the gas station twice a week.

Any rumors of builds locking earlier? I got an October 2018 build, hopefully earlier to enjoy the nice weather.

Quick Reply: GT3.2 Touring options advice!