Sponsored by:

I put the order in...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 06:13 PM
stetty
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 40 Posts
Default I put the order in...

I pulled the trigger and ordered. Was on the fence about PDK vs. Manual and PCCB vs. Steel/Iron. I went PDK and Steel. Selling GT4 and loved having the manual but the GT3/Porsche Motorsport motor designed for PDK. Did I miss anything in the build?
Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2017, 06:23 PM
Fast Doc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice build, similar to what i would do.

Its a shame you guys cannot have the clubsport package with the half cage because that's about all you are missing.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:38 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build. I personally would do seat belts in red to go with the red center marker, red SC dial, and red brakes.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Rethink chalk. This is not a luxury sedan nor a navy ship.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:06 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would add the leather interior and in your case with red stitching. The dash, glovebox, and doors look so much better with leather vs standard interior
Old 10-31-2017, 08:15 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Rethink chalk. This is not a luxury sedan nor a navy ship.
Color is a personal preference.....he can order whatever he wants.....
Old 10-31-2017, 09:21 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Color is a personal preference.....he can order whatever he wants.....
Well, he did ask.

There are a handful of options on that build I would not select. The only thing I think is missing is the full leather interior.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:06 PM
stetty
Advanced

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Nice build. I personally would do seat belts in red to go with the red center marker, red SC dial, and red brakes.
Thanks for that, I agree and will change with dealer today. Appreciate the feedback. I did silver to match the stripes on the seat but I think the red will look better. Especially with the red chrono and steering wheel plus steel brakes and red calipers. I have the yellow belts in my GT4 and love the color. Good call, again thanks.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:15 PM
stetty
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Well, he did ask.

There are a handful of options on that build I would not select. The only thing I think is missing is the full leather interior.
I did ask you're right. I take all the feedback the group is willing to give, good or bad, that is why I asked. I have the leather and contrast stitching on my GT4 and love it but it is a bit of out of place luxury in a raw track car. I was trying to keep it as a build that I could love but was not a bank breaker and would be highly desired in secondary market with as little price erosion as possible. I don't think the leather interior brings much resale value but could be wrong. According to dealer, leather interior is lower on the list than other items (surprisingly, axle lift was at the top of the "must have" items according to a few I spoke with). Given the choice, most dealers would like you select every item.

To me, a Porsche GT car, especially the GT3, is raw, visceral and pure Porsche. Full leather, leather steering column etc. is beautiful but not necessarily inline with the purpose built nature of the beast. More GTS/Turbo than true GT3. Having said that, I appreciate the feedback and do love the look.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:37 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by stetty
I did ask you're right. I take all the feedback the group is willing to give, good or bad, that is why I asked. I have the leather and contrast stitching on my GT4 and love it but it is a bit of out of place luxury in a raw track car. I was trying to keep it as a build that I could love but was not a bank breaker and would be highly desired in secondary market with as little price erosion as possible. I don't think the leather interior brings much resale value but could be wrong. According to dealer, leather interior is lower on the list than other items (surprisingly, axle lift was at the top of the "must have" items according to a few I spoke with). Given the choice, most dealers would like you select every item.

To me, a Porsche GT car, especially the GT3, is raw, visceral and pure Porsche. Full leather, leather steering column etc. is beautiful but not necessarily inline with the purpose built nature of the beast. More GTS/Turbo than true GT3. Having said that, I appreciate the feedback and do love the look.
to each his own....I wanted "skittles" color, befitting a GT car, but leather and Cf interior, befitting a $160k car.

there is no wrong answer...get what you love and whatever you do don't worry about resale value
Old 11-01-2017, 07:46 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

FORGOT about resale. Buy what you want for YOU. Too many “value” threads just enjoy the GT3, it’s not about rational, but rather emotions.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 897 Likes on 569 Posts

Nice build!
Old 11-02-2017, 12:04 AM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

I wouldn’t spec leather for luxury on a GT3. AFAIK it’s just the standard leather anyway. Nothing to write home about and you can’t choose color or really even stitching anyway. I think leather is specced as much as it is because some people just don’t like alcantara.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

nice build. i would also urge you to add full leather, it's the best bargain option and really change the interior.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:32 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

^ And leather dash lighter too

Quick Reply: I put the order in...