Sponsored by:

I put the order in...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 10:22 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Forget leather. The stock leather is not great and on a non-touring it makes the lower dash and door coves alcantara. Curious, are you buying from a local SoCal dealer or are you using the $850 La PEC to get one to you from a distant dealer? I think LA PEC is going to make buying out of state for Cali people much easier.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Great build, nicely done.
I enjoy that Porsche offers interior rear view mirror dimming as an option, I don't buy those as they are too slow
Old 11-02-2017, 10:07 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

GET the leather!!! Without it, you end up with that CRAPPY injection molded pebbly plastic dash and door panels which look like finish becoming of a rental car interior.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:09 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
to each his own....I wanted "skittles" color, befitting a GT car, but leather and Cf interior, befitting a $160k car.
THIS ^
Old 11-03-2017, 01:40 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
GET the leather!!! Without it, you end up with that CRAPPY injection molded pebbly plastic dash and door panels which look like finish becoming of a rental car interior.
I’ve never seen the need for full leather on my cars. I didn’t check the option on my recent bmws, Audis, cayenne and macan. But for some, the base interior on the gt4/gt3 looks extra crappy that i was even bothered by it. Maybe it’s the way the rubber dash looks against the alcantara and anodized trim? Not sure. But I paid money for additional leather for the first time in recent memory on my gt4, and will do it again on my gt3.

And regarding resale, someone pointed out in another thread that since gt3’s usually resale for X $ or % above/below msrp, you usually get most of your money back on options. That is unless you go crazy on options but it doesn’t look like you’re doing that.

Also, aside from lift and buckets, leather amongst the next most common must haves for people so not having it might hurt resale.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:31 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by johnny2five
I’ve never seen the need for full leather on my cars. I didn’t check the option on my recent bmws, Audis, cayenne and macan. But for some, the base interior on the gt4/gt3 looks extra crappy that i was even bothered by it. Maybe it’s the way the rubber dash looks against the alcantara and anodized trim? Not sure. But I paid money for additional leather for the first time in recent memory on my gt4, and will do it again on my gt3.

And regarding resale, someone pointed out in another thread that since gt3’s usually resale for X $ or % above/below msrp, you usually get most of your money back on options. That is unless you go crazy on options but it doesn’t look like you’re doing that.

Also, aside from lift and buckets, leather amongst the next most common must haves for people so not having it might hurt resale.
THIS^

I would add that most buyers of used GT3s are well-educated regarding the options and desirable specs for these cars. Most will latch onto, PCCB, leather, sport chrono, LWB, Bose, LEDs, etc.

Quick Reply: I put the order in...