Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

27 2018's listed on Autotrader

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 11:08 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Sad part is in the interview AP said they wanted to control flippers, ADMs and anyone that wants the car will be able to get one. Yet you can see three blatant examples of dealers calling out ADM’s. I guess he didn’t really mean it. Hope they choke on them.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

^ even if his heart's there, it\s hard to control
has the law controlled sales of coke, heroin, etc????
dont get me wrong, i would love to have ways to control ADM, i just dont know how.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
dont get me wrong, i would love to have ways to control ADM, i just dont know how.
? It's simple. Build more ****ing cars and let the customers know that you're doing it.

Porsche knows exactly what they're doing. The only thing laughable about the whole thing is when folks like AP try to make us believe that they care.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

As long as the economy is up ADM’s are here to stay. Some people love the gt cars and some people love the money they can make off of them.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/jnd.gif

tried attaching a gif but couldn’t. Link above
Old 11-05-2017, 05:38 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
At the $200K+ price point of entry, maybe a .1GT3RS makes more sense. Hard to think the "flavor-of-the-month mania" will last too long. Why not buy an RS, experience that for a year or so, possibly sell it for what you buy it for, and then get the .2 without the ADM???
Just a thought
Old 11-05-2017, 05:59 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by vodavoda
At the $200K+ price point of entry, maybe a .1GT3RS makes more sense. Hard to think the "flavor-of-the-month mania" will last too long. Why not buy an RS, experience that for a year or so, possibly sell it for what you buy it for, and then get the .2 without the ADM???
Just a thought
Yep I would agree. With these ADM's you are in RS money and an RS is still an RS.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:48 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by vodavoda
Just a thought
RS obviously tempting at those prices, but you will not drive it for a year deprecation free. Only if it were that easy.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:40 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Archimedes
? It's simple. Build more ****ing cars and let the customers know that you're doing it.

Porsche knows exactly what they're doing. The only thing laughable about the whole thing is when folks like AP try to make us believe that they care.
yes u r correct
but u can’t change reality
neither can i so i just buy the damn toy and enjoy it. this week i did 154 miles in mango. would b a lot more if my damn kids would just stfu sit in frunk and not tell
my wife. i used to bribe them
to sit in frunk. now
they are smarter.

guys stop checking prices
just buy one whatever it might be and go drive it. and believe me u will forget all the bitchin and moaning.....
Old 11-05-2017, 08:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

^^^ You have to know when to up the bribes.
Maybe it’s time to explain secrecy and the value of a dollar?

My nieces will take it to their grave, as that’s how annuities work.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Bklyn964Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Sad part is in the interview AP said they wanted to control flippers, ADMs and anyone that wants the car will be able to get one. Yet you can see three blatant examples of dealers calling out ADM’s. I guess he didn’t really mean it. Hope they choke on them.
PLEASE excuse my ignorance but these acronyms are killing me. I think I got that AT is Autotrader.com. But what is AP and ADM?

AP - America Porsche? A Pimp...cause Porsche is certainly pimping us.
ADM - Adjusted Demand Market?...or A Dick Move?

Hopefully one made you chuckle but I seriously want to know as I was tired of guessing. Either way Porsche and their dealers have been doing this since the 997 Turbo S or 997 GT3RS...their marketing and distribution departments strategically work with the US dealers to create this buzz as the US is their largest market. It works for the dealers because while all the fuss is on the new cars and their availability it keeps the previous versions highly relevant and in demand. The fact that a 2014 GT3 can still sell on average close to MSRP after all it's been through and almost four years later is amazing. Ferrari wishes they could create this kind of magic. It's already been noted about how many 458 cars are on Autotrader.com. Buy one and drive it around the block and depreciation accelerates even faster despite that being the last naturally aspirated engine. If that were Porsche they'd be selling for MSRP or higher because it's the "last one".

Gotta give it to Porsche man...you've got to be a guy that has it and doesn't care about paying any markup or market adjustment. All others ..oh well...we are the guys posting and lamenting. Drive what you got and/or enjoy the chase as these cars are all amazing toys.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:14 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bklyn964Turbo
PLEASE excuse my ignorance but these acronyms are killing me. I think I got that AT is Autotrader.com. But what is AP and ADM?

AP - America Porsche? A Pimp...cause Porsche is certainly pimping us.
ADM - Adjusted Demand Market?...or A Dick Move?

Hopefully one made you chuckle but I seriously want to know as I was tired of guessing. Either way Porsche and their dealers have been doing this since the 997 Turbo S or 997 GT3RS...their marketing and distribution departments strategically work with the US dealers to create this buzz as the US is their largest market. It works for the dealers because while all the fuss is on the new cars and their availability it keeps the previous versions highly relevant and in demand. The fact that a 2014 GT3 can still sell on average close to MSRP after all it's been through and almost four years later is amazing. Ferrari wishes they could create this kind of magic. It's already been noted about how many 458 cars are on Autotrader.com. Buy one and drive it around the block and depreciation accelerates even faster despite that being the last naturally aspirated engine. If that were Porsche they'd be selling for MSRP or higher because it's the "last one".

Gotta give it to Porsche man...you've got to be a guy that has it and doesn't care about paying any markup or market adjustment. All others ..oh well...we are the guys posting and lamenting. Drive what you got and/or enjoy the chase as these cars are all amazing toys.
AP is andreas preuniger (so) head of GT cars. at porsche

ADM added dealer mark up
Old 11-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Bklyn964Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
AP is andreas preuniger (so) head of GT cars. at porsche

ADM added dealer mark up
THANKS for the knowledge.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:36 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bklyn964Turbo
....as the US is their [Porsche] largest market.
Not so.

China

Since 2014, or maybe, '15.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:18 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Not so.

China

Since 2014, or maybe, '15.
For SUVs maybe
Old 11-07-2017, 01:25 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
For SUVs maybe
A bunch on allocations are being thrown at China. Sports cars as well. Smaller displacement 911 and 718 selling well. I bet GT cars as well. Only makes sense.

PAG also looks at profits in each market. They seem to make more $$ over there than the US.

Quick Reply: 27 2018's listed on Autotrader