Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anything else that I should add to my GT3 build?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 11:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,269 Posts
Question Anything else that I should add to my GT3 build?

Considering finalizing my options this week...I'm going to add a few things (voice control and painted key)...anything else I should add (and don't say PCCBs because I'm hitting the track)?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJF5LCP9
Old 10-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Too many options.

Add the alcantara visors. They are much nicer.

Remove passenger net. Not needed.

Nipples in exterior color
Old 10-29-2017, 12:03 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Too many options.

PTS and LWB seats are like 2/3rd of my options man. haha Ok, alcantara visors and remove net. I think I also need to add the steering column leather too.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:12 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

What PTS color is it?

like the options, except:

- Aluminum look fuel cap is just plain silly and a waste of $170, IMO. You only see it when you fill up, and no one sees it but you. Looks fake too.

- CF interior is also a bit expensive at $960 (and overdone nowadays) IMO. It’s also widely available and fairly common on non-GT Porsche 911 cars. The anthracite brushed Aluminum, or even the regular bright brushed aluminum, have a high quality look and feel, they’re free, and they’re fairly unique to the GT cars. The bright brushed Aluminum would look good with the platinum silver stitching and the seats stripes you’ll have on the LWB seats.

- since you’re tracking a lot, I would have thought you’d get Chrono for the lap clock at least, if not wiring for the lap trigger, even if you will use third party app? Did you omit to keep sash simpler? If so I get that.

- are you sure you want steering wheel in Alcantara? You can get it and the shift boot in leather for free. Wears a lot better, looks nicer. Can’t get the red center marker on steering wheel with leather, but hey, saves you another $330.

- with the money I saved you above on CF interior, gas cap, and red center marker, you could afford to either get interior stitching in red (which would make up for the lost red center marker) or else get Bose audio, which would give you some nice tunes to listen to when cruising to and from the track on the freeway.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:16 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Too many options.

Nipples in exterior color
nipples in exterior color are more expensive or possibly not available yet with PTS.

Why renove passenger net? It’s free and doesn’t get in anyone’s way or look bad.

alcantara visors are a waste. Expensive and you barely ever notice them. And they are mostly covered with large safety stickers in US anyway.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:18 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lapis
What PTS color is it?

like the options, except:

- Aluminum look fuel cap is just plain silly and a waste of $170, IMO. You only see it when you fill up, and no one sees it but you. Looks fake too.

- CF interior is also a bit expensive at $960 (and overdone nowadays) IMO. It’s also widely available and fairly common on non-GT Porsche 911 cars. The anthracite brushed Aluminum, or even the regular bright brushed aluminum, have a high quality look and feel, they’re free, and they’re fairly unique to the GT cars. The bright brushed Aluminum would look good with the platinum silver stitching and the seats stripes you’ll have on the LWB seats.

- since you’re tracking a lot, I would have thought you’d get Chrono for the lap clock at least, if not wiring for the lap trigger, even if you will use third party app? Did you omit to keep sash simpler? If so I get that.

- are you sure you want steering wheel in Alcantara? You can get it and the shift boot in leather for free. Wears a lot better, looks nicer. Can’t get the red center marker on steering wheel with leather, but hey, saves you another $330.

- with the money I saved you above on CF interior, gas cap, and red center marker, you could afford to either get interior stitching in red (which would make up for the lost red center marker) or else get Bose audio, which would give you some nice tunes to listen to when cruising to and from the track on the freeway.
The color will be Golf Blue (little darker than Voodoo Blue without the purple hint). Noted on the fuel cap. Not a fan of the wart as I already have a AIM Solo that I can wire in and don't want a red stripe with the red stitching. I'll take a closer look at anthracite brushed Aluminum but I actually really like the CF dash pieces on my 997RS and 991RS.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:21 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Net is useless. No point. Clutter. Alcantara visors with full full leather are a requirement.

Wheel in alcantara is better on track. Grippy. I’ll only drive car with driving gloves on track. Same with the marker which is great for videos and coaching. Alcantara wears ok unless you have sweaty hands.

My spec.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJP4S8F1
Old 10-29-2017, 12:24 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Martin I think you got the spec pretty good. Not sure why lift unless it’s for getting into Bbi driveway lol.
Imguess I keep radio but probably I pull it and put shelf so I have place to put gloves after runs.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:36 AM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Painted Vent Slats!
Old 10-29-2017, 12:47 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by laranja
Painted Vent Slats!
I don't want to bend over and get delayed in CXX process.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:47 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

I think PTS is open right now? I'm Debating PTS vs touring's since recently received allocation and dealer say no PTS on touring. You think PTS help hold resale? I was thinking green as well.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:53 AM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Vent slats painted are not CXX. They are cool in PTS tho.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:54 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The color will be Golf Blue (little darker than Voodoo Blue without the purple hint). Noted on the fuel cap. Not a fan of the wart as I already have a AIM Solo that I can wire in and don't want a red stripe with the red stitching. I'll take a closer look at anthracite brushed Aluminum but I actually really like the CF dash pieces on my 997RS and 991RS.
Nice on the Golf Blue. Have seen it. My 2 cents is that silver or even platinum wheels would look better on a dark blue car for the contrast. Yes, matte black will hide brake dust better. Personal preference I suppose. But the standard glossy silver wheels would look good and be fairly easy to clean vs matte wheels, and would also save you $1200.

Understood on the red stitching not being desirable given the exterior color. And CF interior is great if you really like the look. The “wart” concern is overblown IMO but hey, if you don’t care for the better audio quality and don’t want the wart, then save the $1600, I suppose.

Understand why you don’t want/need Chrono if you have plans for 3rd party solution. Save the money. Have a cleaner dash.

If I were getting alcantara steering wheel then I would also get the center marker in red if only for how cool it looks.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:32 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Autodim mirrors $700 (eek).

I was driving around tonight and blinded once again by an SUV in my 993. I wish I could retrofit them. I had the same issue in my lotus. Maybe I just have good night vision but in a low car they are very much a necessity mainly for the side mirrors.

It’s just me, but I think Golf Blue would look better with stock silver wheels and stock Grey lights. I get the brake dust issue, but there is $2k to save.

I also like the darker interior trim so I would go with leather door/dash/console trim.

Alcantara sun visors are a waste as they have stickers. My visors are going in a box in the attic as soon as I get my car.

Also the luggage net is dumb so x2 on skipping it. Same with gas cap. It is $130 from suncoast if you really want it (or you lose the stock one). I also like the leather wheel and gear shift but I hate alcantara. Why not just forego the leather/alcantara interior entirely #becauseracecar

They won’t do painted anything (including the key) anymore with PTS.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:06 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Dont forget this option, as you have it on every car. Cali resident, NV drivers license. Plate matches your PTS, Golf blue very well.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Anything else that I should add to my GT3 build?