Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:37 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
​​​​​​

I agree, that is a very good deal. It sounds like it sold quickly, which isn't surprising, though hard to balance with RLer *Drifting* having so much trouble selling his at a modestly more expensive 20K over.
Clean deal with dealer v. working to buy someone else’s allocation and possible issues that entails.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:44 PM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CALSE
Beverly Hills has a 3RS open allocation available now. Good luck!
v200 status with weissach?
Old 09-18-2018, 02:50 PM
CALSE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
v200 status with weissach?
Don't know. Just saw in my IG feed. Give em a call. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:44 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Clean deal with dealer v. working to buy someone else’s allocation and possible issues that entails.
Yes, that has to be it. I would have thought the latter wouldn’t be that complicated but who knows.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:49 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by jjinwood1
Actually I had this build (or so I thought). Salesman Erik asked for $10K over on Saturday morning and I agreed. He asked for my build, photo of drivers license and how I wanted the car titled and asked if wire transfer was ok. I had everything to him within an hour and then nothing for a few hours and he ignored my texts and voice message. He called later, said someone came in and offered $15K over but he would get it straightened out since I was first and would call me Monday. He called Monday and said they decided they would go with the other customer since they had a "trade we wanted" and "he got it for cheaper for $7500 over" It's all BS. The gyrations some of us have to go through to get a car has really soured me on the Porsche brand. That's after owning 6 911's, two of which were GT3's.
Wow, how f&^%$#$ greedy. Just insane, to do that to a client. Who's the dealership?
Old 09-18-2018, 03:50 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Wow, how f&^%$#$ greedy. Just insane, to do that to a client. Who's the dealership?
Porsche Mobile in Alabama
Old 09-18-2018, 04:19 PM
jjinwood1
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I sent a scathing letter to PCNA regarding what happened to me. Thought I had a car this past Saturday morning and then Monday I didn't, even though I did everything they asked me to do. Followed up on a lead posted by here by GT3 (not his fault, he was just passing the available allocation along). Doubt Porsche cares, they know what's going on with these cars. Is it any wonder Porsche has the next to lowest Corporate customer sat ratings when visiting their dealerships? I was just pissed enough to vent on deaf ears....
Old 09-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 897 Likes on 569 Posts

^ It's amazing that a salesperson would burn a prospective buyer for $5K. These salespeople clearly don't understand (or maybe they don't care about) customer loyalty and the power of repeat business or word of mouth feedback! Sick to hear this.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:36 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I sent a scathing letter to PCNA regarding what happened to me. Thought I had a car this past Saturday morning and then Monday I didn't, even though I did everything they asked me to do. Followed up on a lead posted by here by GT3 (not his fault, he was just passing the available allocation along). Doubt Porsche cares, they know what's going on with these cars. Is it any wonder Porsche has the next to lowest Corporate customer sat ratings when visiting their dealerships? I was just pissed enough to vent on deaf ears....
I've written/emailed to PCNA as well which just gets sent to their customer care center in Michigan to fall on deaf ears... Sales/profits are up so I guess that is what they are fixated on sadly enough. Had two Cayennes I was negotiating on both of which sold from under me as we were finalizing price, so it's not just dealing with the GT cars
Old 09-18-2018, 05:56 PM
737Drvr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I had this build (or so I thought). Salesman Erik asked for $10K over on Saturday morning and I agreed. He asked for my build, photo of drivers license and how I wanted the car titled and asked if wire transfer was ok. I had everything to him within an hour and then nothing for a few hours and he ignored my texts and voice message. He called later, said someone came in and offered $15K over but he would get it straightened out since I was first and would call me Monday. He called Monday and said they decided they would go with the other customer since they had a "trade we wanted" and "he got it for cheaper for $7500 over" It's all BS. The gyrations some of us have to go through to get a car has really soured me on the Porsche brand. That's after owning 6 911's, two of which were GT3's.
Let me add to this story. I too called Erik on Saturday at 2:06PM Central time (it’s in my phone). I told him I had been referred by a gentleman here and gave my credentials. He said, great. Is 15K over going to work for you? I told him that would work. I was on the road, so he asked for my phone number to text me his info. and told me to reply to him before the end of the day with my build reference number from the Porsche USA website and send a copy of my drivers license. I told him no problem. He did state that he had a local buyer with a desirable trade-in that he may give the allocation to first but would let me know for sure. I told him I would not blame him one bit for taking care of a local customer (I would want the same from my local dealer!) but to please keep me in the loop. I never received any type of reply for me to even send my info to. So, it would appear he had a bunch of us lined up but chose his local guy, which I get. A call back would have been nice as I’m looking into other cars. This is part of the reason I may go back to a McLaren. Kind of a sour experience so far looking for a GT3. It’s a great car but I’m not sure it will happen. Anyway, that’s my story. Thanks for the lead GT3. It really is appreciated!

Last edited by 737Drvr; 09-18-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:00 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

If you are still negotiating over the price, you don’t have a deal. Deal 101.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:52 PM
jjinwood1
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

One more thing....just to be clear.....then I'm done with this. In my case there was NO negotiating on price. He told me $10k at 9:15 am. and I told him I would take it. I sent him all the requested info which he said he needed immediately since the lock date was only 1 day away. Title name, drivers license, build code, etc. sent within the hour. NO mentioned whatsoever then of any "local buyer", in fact Erik Johnson volunteered later in a phone call that a customer came in late in the morning who was willing to pay $15 over but since "you were first, we'll work it out and I'll call you Monday early". Asking me in a text "wire transfer ok"? He certainly led me to believe this was a done deal. Porsche Mobile doesn't show a sales manager or a GM in their contacts. Couple of "Brand Ambassadors' and a "floor manager", whatever that is. Wouldn't have done any good to complain.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:08 PM
737Drvr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing....just to be clear.....then I'm done with this. In my case there was NO negotiating on price. He told me $10k at 9:15 am. and I told him I would take it. I sent him all the requested info which he said he needed immediately since the lock date was only 1 day away. Title name, drivers license, build code, etc. sent within the hour. NO mentioned whatsoever then of any "local buyer", in fact Erik Johnson volunteered later in a phone call that a customer came in late in the morning who was willing to pay $15 over but since "you were first, we'll work it out and I'll call you Monday early". Asking me in a text "wire transfer ok"? He certainly led me to believe this was a done deal. Porsche Mobile doesn't show a sales manager or a GM in their contacts. Couple of "Brand Ambassadors' and a "floor manager", whatever that is. Wouldn't have done any good to complain.
Not cool on his part. He should have told me and the guy that walked in that the car was sold (to you). Leaves a sour taste in your mouth. As an aside, I was told the car locked Monday and didn’t get anywhere near as far as you in the process. Good Luck in your search!
Old 09-18-2018, 07:09 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone paying an ADM is fueling this environment.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:31 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Anyone paying an ADM is fueling this environment.
+1

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM