Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product: Essex/AP Racing Front and Rear Complete Radi-CAL GT3 Brake Kit..finally!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 11:24 AM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
Clark at Apex is definitely an excellent source for our products (including these brake kits), and it's always great to see so much positive feedback about one of our resellers. He is incredibly devoted to customer service, and he always goes to bat for his customers. We certainly never have any reservations about sending customers his way!
Jeff thanks for your vote of confidence. I like helping with advice if I know the answer. Working with your whole team ia a real pleasure.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 04-23-2018, 11:34 AM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
Thank you very much for your support. We really appreciate it, and we're looking forward to pics and feedback once you've had your way with them at Barber!
Danny,
We are doing trackside support at this event stop by the trailer and show me the new AP Essex BBK set up on your car.

Clark
Old 04-23-2018, 11:31 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
Danny,
We are doing trackside support at this event stop by the trailer and show me the new AP Essex BBK set up on your car.

Clark
Absolutely Clark - looking forward to seeing you buddy. I should have the BBK on the car tomorrow or wednesday at the latest
Old 04-27-2018, 11:26 AM
AlecG
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Super excited to get my AP Racing big brake kit on the 991.2 GT3!
Should be a lot of fun with the 19" BBS wheels and the Hoosier R7's.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:59 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Default High praise after first track day

Ordered this brake kit for my 991GT3 thru Clark at apex performance last Friday. Had the kit delivered to me Tuesday. Installed Wednesday. Drove them fairly hard today at Barber.

Two words: Damn good. Pedal feel is excellent (better than my steel oem), modulation is excellent (also better than oem) and zero fade of course. This was on a fairly warm day today and five 30 minute sessions. I wasn’t sure about the Ferodo pads at first (I loved my PFC 11’s). But the ferodos are really really good. Very consistent and linear so far.

also clear my 19 inch forgeline with ease.

I went with this kit for two reasons: weight savings and ease of pad swapping. I’m happy with both of those benefits of course. But the kit is much more than that. I was just hoping it would just be as good as the OEM. I think it’s better - at least after one good track day.

Clark at apex was top notch to work with. And Essex sent the most organized packages of parts I’ve ever seen. They sent four boxes, with each box having all of the break parts for one wheel cleary marked and labeled inside and out (front right, front left etc).

Great product and service. Thanks guys.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:05 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Old 05-22-2018, 06:59 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Any new installs and reviews of these GT3/GT4 kits on track?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:07 PM
AlecG
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Essex AP Racing Raci-CAL Kit

Just had my 2018 991.2 GT3 on track at Watkins Glen for the first time yesterday.

I never tracked my car with the PCCB's so I don't have anything to compare the AP Kit to, but the brakes were by far the best brakes I've ever experienced.

I used to to track a 2007 ZO6 race car with a Stoptech Big Brake kit. The AP Kit is on another planet in terms of feel, modulation, and performance. I imagine they will be ridiculously durable judging by how they held up to more than five hours on track without issue.

I run Hoosier R7's. My car is new to me so I was gradually exploring the limits of the car, tires, and brakes. I kept pushing my braking points deeper and deeper into the upcoming turns and did not find their limit (or activate ABS) mostly because of my own feeling of self preservation. I was braking where I used to brake with my Vette and I almost came to a complete stop approaching turn 8. These brakes are THAT good.

I took my track wheels off to install my factory wheels and noticed almost no pad wear and hardly any brake dust. The calipers are the exact color of brake dust so they continue to look great during the track event.

Couldn't be happier with this set-up!!
Old 05-23-2018, 10:28 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 634 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by AlecG
Just had my 2018 991.2 GT3 on track at Watkins Glen for the first time yesterday.

I never tracked my car with the PCCB's so I don't have anything to compare the AP Kit to, but the brakes were by far the best brakes I've ever experienced.

I used to to track a 2007 ZO6 race car with a Stoptech Big Brake kit. The AP Kit is on another planet in terms of feel, modulation, and performance. I imagine they will be ridiculously durable judging by how they held up to more than five hours on track without issue.

I run Hoosier R7's. My car is new to me so I was gradually exploring the limits of the car, tires, and brakes. I kept pushing my braking points deeper and deeper into the upcoming turns and did not find their limit (or activate ABS) mostly because of my own feeling of self preservation. I was braking where I used to brake with my Vette and I almost came to a complete stop approaching turn 8. These brakes are THAT good.

I took my track wheels off to install my factory wheels and noticed almost no pad wear and hardly any brake dust. The calipers are the exact color of brake dust so they continue to look great during the track event.

Couldn't be happier with this set-up!!
Awesome! Glad they got it done for you at The Glen. As you know, that is one of the toughest braking tracks in the country (arguably the toughest). Please share some pics if you are willing. We'd love to see them! Thanks so much again for your support.
Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 05-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 275 Likes on 174 Posts

Any update on a similar kit for the Turbo S? Did you ever get a car in for a fitment check?
Old 05-23-2018, 10:39 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Randyc151
Any update on a similar kit for the Turbo S? Did you ever get a car in for a fitment check?
We believe that our 991 GT3 kit fits a Turbo S with center-locks, and that our GT4 kit will fit if your Turbo S is 5-lug. That said, we've unfortunately never been able to source a car for a test fit, and therefore can't confirm!

The shame of it is, my neighbor two doors down owns a Turbo S, but he is more of a hard-parker than a hard driver! He won't even let Porsche look at his car.

If anyone wants to send us their Turbo S for confirmation, we can negotiate an extremely nice price on a kit for your car. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2018, 12:43 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 368 Likes on 204 Posts

We installed on a customers 991.2 GT3 with ceramics a few weeks ago and this kit is fantastic. Everything fits, instructions are great. The brake lines take a little time to fit, but everything went great. So much so I'm going to order a set for my car as soon as I wear out my Girodisk rotors I purchased a while ago! We're not even a dealer, so this is purely a good job to the AP Racing and Essex team!

Jamie
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
The following users liked this post:
Apex Ace (08-03-2020)
Old 05-24-2018, 12:50 AM
Tik
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
We installed on a customers 991.2 GT3 with ceramics a few weeks ago and this kit is fantastic. Everything fits, instructions are great. The brake lines take a little time to fit, but everything went great. So much so I'm going to order a set for my car as soon as I wear out my Girodisk rotors I purchased a while ago! We're not even a dealer, so this is purely a good job to the AP Racing and Essex team!

Jamie
That was my car! :-)

Had a couple of days on track with the brakes and can confirm they are spectacular. Nice, firm pedal with excellent modulation. Trail braking with this kit is a joy - they are so confidence inspiring. You can go deep into a braking zone and trail into a corner knowing that the brakes are there for you the whole time. I found it easy to engage ABS, as I believe has been discussed in Orthojoe's thread, so I had to back off the pressure I was applying to the pedal and play around with progression and pedal effort - nothing that couldn't be figured out after a few laps of experimentation. The brakes took a beating over two days with absolutely no fade, lap after lap. Very impressed.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:06 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports

Jamie
That was my car! :-)

Had a couple of days on track with the brakes and can confirm they are spectacular. Nice, firm pedal with excellent modulation. Trail braking with this kit is a joy - they are so confidence inspiring. You can go deep into a braking zone and trail into a corner knowing that the brakes are there for you the whole time. I found it easy to engage ABS, as I believe has been discussed in Orthojoe's thread, so I had to back off the pressure I was applying to the pedal and play around with progression and pedal effort - nothing that couldn't be figured out after a few laps of experimentation. The brakes took a beating over two days with absolutely no fade, lap after lap. Very impressed.

Tik
Thank you very much for the support gentlemen! We're glad the install went smoothly Jamie, and that everything is performing as expected Tik.

Tik,
If you have any pics of the brakes on the car, or video of them in action, please feel free share them. We'd love to see them. Thank you very much again, and please don't hesitate to contact us if either of you need anything!
Old 05-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Tik
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Quick Reply: New Product: Essex/AP Racing Front and Rear Complete Radi-CAL GT3 Brake Kit..finally!