Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current gen. 1 R8 owner, seriously kicking around the .2 GT3....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 10:58 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccapx
I have both, GT3RS (not quite the .2 but similar) and my Audi which I just acquired but have owned a stocker in the past. Different cars and my R8 is on roids, but I would say you'll enjoy the GT3 as a change of pace to what your in, but what your in is fantastic. I view these things as trade offs....you won't lose either way. Attachment 1262206
Now that's a salad bar!
awesome stuff man..
Old 10-20-2017, 01:42 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Being that you are a lifetime audi guy i think you should be really careful if you make the switch. you are used to the car taking care of you. the gt3 will be very quick to point out all the bad habits you likely developed or took for granted in the quattro cars.

My advice, if you decide to take the plunge then sign up for autox right away with porsche club. get instruction. start learning weight transfer.

also second the opinion to test drive one first but be really careful! maybe a turbo or turbo s might be more your type of 911 than a gt3.

with R8/GTR I find the gas pedal has 3 positions, Off, half way, to the floor.

with a M3 or any bmw M car there are 10 throttle positions.

with GT3 there are 100 throttle positions and throttle lift mid corner is not even in the vocabulary.

i vote go for a GT3 though! you will not miss the R8 as well! now someone queue the gif of richard hammond drifting his 997 behind an R8

Quick Reply: Current gen. 1 R8 owner, seriously kicking around the .2 GT3....