Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** OFFICIAL ** 911 GT3 with Touring Package announced.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 01:59 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Has anyone ordered a Touring with a duck tail?
This would be a perfect retro look on this car IMO if it is available!
Old 10-07-2017, 11:31 PM
indianam3
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Has anyone ordered a Touring with a duck tail?
This would be a perfect retro look on this car IMO if it is available!

I went to Atlanta to configure and asked if a duck tail or a back seat were possible. They said not now, or ever for the Touring. I believe aftermarket will be the only option.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:15 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Would love a ducktail. Unfortunately we're not getting it.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:56 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 113 Posts

I just got an allocation: think of the touring option...I thought this is the ultimate Porsche GT car for street use
Old 10-09-2017, 11:45 AM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MSR Racer
I just got an allocation: think of the touring option...I thought this is the ultimate Porsche GT car for street use
congrats, show us your spec when you've ordered
Old 10-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Locked and locked today. Order has headed off shore so no changes now. At last minute nearly went back to wing, but stuck with touring.
At end of day, not going to complain and would be hard to be unhappy with any colour or spec. Just need to stop an appreciate, getting an allocation, paying recommended price and its not that far away...
Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 PM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
At last minute nearly went back to wing, but stuck with touring.
I know the feeling, am also still considering a "traditional" GT3 with the wing... What made you stay firm with the Touring?

Best
Tobias
Old 10-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spydersmiley
I know the feeling, am also still considering a "traditional" GT3 with the wing... What made you stay firm with the Touring?

Best
Tobias
Its to replace the 911 50th, and when I consider the things I liked about that car, (where many) but one point was the less obvious on road statement that its a high performance, relatively expensive sports car. But conversely it was appreciated by those who were actually in the know in a complimentary way.

The wing for the majority of my driving and in my local suburb would make too much of a statement.

From there, other factors like, I think it will hold value a bit better in a few years, I was originally a "R" contender so its not a bad runner up prize and the fact Im considering getting a cup car to track properly next year so pdk/wing GT3 wasn't required.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:25 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I am bit on the same page - the wing makes an obvious statement. However, if that's important, one might want to wait for the .2 GT3 RS or buy a nice .1 GT3 RS which embodies the "race spirit" of the car even more extremely. Compared to the GT3 RS the GT3 may be considered to fall a bit short in terms of visualizing such race spirit. With the Touring package, this dilemma disappears and the car can be enjoyed for its substance.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:31 AM
CC911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Locked and locked today. Order has headed off shore so no changes now. At last minute nearly went back to wing, but stuck with touring.
At end of day, not going to complain and would be hard to be unhappy with any colour or spec. Just need to stop an appreciate, getting an allocation, paying recommended price and its not that far away...
Congratulations on finalizing your car, I’ve been told I have till Friday to stop buggering around with my spec - I’ve locked in the wing but definitely torn - this has been going for so long as I originally tried to get a r I’d also be happy with either - delivery estimated for February, what have you been told?
Old 10-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CC911
Congratulations on finalizing your car, I’ve been told I have till Friday to stop buggering around with my spec - I’ve locked in the wing but definitely torn - this has been going for so long as I originally tried to get a r I’d also be happy with either - delivery estimated for February, what have you been told?
Thanks, I'm late February, early March. Brisbane, so not sure any different in Perth. So maybe you will lock into the same allocation group as me. Previously Ive seen shipping go down via Perth, before getting to Melbourne, so maybe earlier then east coast. We will know shipping mid January.

Yes the only way I finalized, was lock it in then not go back to the configuration again, turn off Porsche GT3 Instagram and not look at any forum links with pictures !! Then argue passionately with anyone as to why your spec is the best as it self reinforces you that you made the right call
Old 10-13-2017, 05:00 AM
CC911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thinking, I have this feeling I need to change something; at least it will be too late to change soon
Old 10-13-2017, 12:16 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

For all my waffling, the only change I made was when my PTS color did not make it in time. I have been good and not changed anything on my order and all I really did was go from PTS to touring in black. At the same time I added lift, but other options stayed the same (with adjustments to accommodate touring e.g. no model designation delete and no steering wheel and gear shifter in leather because you can’t get them/don’t need them with touring). Frankly, I am shocked with myself.

Quick Reply: ** OFFICIAL ** 911 GT3 with Touring Package announced.