Old 09-19-2017 | 06:17 PM
csfastp
Instructor

$0
Old 09-19-2017 | 06:22 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Unconscionable
How much of a markup, if any, are you guys paying on your GT3? I was offered a build slot at $30k markup and I feel like that's high.

Hoping to not start a new thread.
I know I'll be ex-communicated for this, but I'd happily pay 20 for a configurable PTS spot.
Old 09-19-2017 | 06:31 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I know I'll be ex-communicated for this, but I'd happily pay 20 for a configurable PTS spot.
Oh damn.. you just went there, (the S in MSRP stands for "suggested") hoard is about to descend on you with merciless and unassailable logic and fury.

I'm grabbing the popcorn and a warm blanket, it's going to be a long night..
Old 09-19-2017 | 06:32 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Car scheduled to go to body shop on the 29th... Delivery here around Thanksgiving... Definitely not the first, but still stoked.

Old 09-19-2017 | 06:50 PM
disden
Drifting

How much of a markup, if any, are you guys paying on your GT3? I was offered a build slot at $30k markup and I feel like that's high.

Hoping to not start a new thread.
$0- whether PTS or not
Old 09-19-2017 | 07:19 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

My car is at sea. I hope that Maria and all these other storms/hurricanes in the Atlantic don't impede the container ships.
Old 09-19-2017 | 07:24 PM
Unconscionable
Racer

Wow. I'm annoyed that my dealer wants $30k over. I told them what you guys told me and they said they will look into it.

Hopefully I get a fair deal.
Old 09-19-2017 | 07:44 PM
Safster
Track Day

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I'd be willing to pay 10k over for a configurable spot as in my opinion that will be seen as a bargain once these cars start hitting the secondary market.
Old 09-19-2017 | 09:12 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Wow. I'm annoyed that my dealer wants $30k over. I told them what you guys told me and they said they will look into it.

Hopefully I get a fair deal.
Hold on, you told them that a bunch of randos on the internet told you that it was.. ahem, unconscionable to overcharge you.. and they're gonna "look into it"? I'm laughing and I'm confused.. but I'm laughing with you I swear.
I can see them calling me at dinner time:

"Ehm, excuse me, is this a Mr Calexico?"
"Eh, no.. who the **** are you?"
"Eh look, this is a bit awkward but we're a Porsche dealer trying to extract some money from a mr "unconscionable"...
"Yea, and.. waddya WANT!!!???"

"Well uhm (nasaly dealer voice).. can you just please not tell him that it's not ok for us to do that, it's sort of screwing with our whole plan where we tell buyers that the "S" stands for "suggested" in MSRP, and that we're actually doing him a favor by charging him $30k over mSrp.."

"Listen you slimey fookin' bastid.. there is a man, his name is martin.. all I have to do is call him and he'll call you and it will get ugly and people will get hurt and you keep up with this crap or ever call my home again... and....

"And???"

"...and I'll have martin take you off.. THE GOODGUY LIST!!!!!!"

"Oh no, anything but THAT... we surrender... we are sorry mr calexico...

"That's not even my name you dipsh!t!!!"

Hangs up.. dealer calls mr unconscionable.

"Eeee, mr U.. eeee, we are calling to say we are sorry"

"Sorry about what?"

"Well, we looked into it.. and...."

"...aaaand... "

"And we have a whole list of customers who are offering us $50k over Msrp.. so, we won't be taking your money.. thank you, and have a good day. "

"What in the eff... but those bastids on rennlist told me NO ONE pays over MSRP... what does the "S" stand for anyway???

"Eeeh, Mr Unconscionable sir... the S stands for SUCKER!!!!!!!!"

Peace out, plane is taking off.
Old 09-19-2017 | 09:52 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by awew911
Car scheduled to go to body shop on the 29th... Delivery here around Thanksgiving... Definitely not the first, but still stoked.

Seems we're on the same schedule....
If things go slightly ahead of schedule, as they are, we could catch the Splendid Ace on the 29th!

Mine is a manual... yours?

Old 09-19-2017 | 09:58 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Life is about seeing the funny side in everything...

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Hold on, you told them that a bunch of randos on the internet told you that it was.. ahem, unconscionable to overcharge you.. and they're gonna "look into it"? I'm laughing and I'm confused.. but I'm laughing with you I swear.
I can see them calling me at dinner time:

"Ehm, excuse me, is this a Mr Calexico?"
"Eh, no.. who the **** are you?"
"Eh look, this is a bit awkward but we're a Porsche dealer trying to extract some money from a mr "unconscionable"...
"Yea, and.. waddya WANT!!!???"

"Well uhm (nasaly dealer voice).. can you just please not tell him that it's not ok for us to do that, it's sort of screwing with our whole plan where we tell buyers that the "S" stands for "suggested" in MSRP, and that we're actually doing him a favor by charging him $30k over mSrp.."

"Listen you slimey fookin' bastid.. there is a man, his name is martin.. all I have to do is call him and he'll call you and it will get ugly and people will get hurt and you keep up with this crap or ever call my home again... and....

"And???"

"...and I'll have martin take you off.. THE GOODGUY LIST!!!!!!"

"Oh no, anything but THAT... we surrender... we are sorry mr calexico...

"That's not even my name you dipsh!t!!!"

Hangs up.. dealer calls mr unconscionable.

"Eeee, mr U.. eeee, we are calling to say we are sorry"

"Sorry about what?"

"Well, we looked into it.. and...."

"...aaaand... "

"And we have a whole list of customers who are offering us $50k over Msrp.. so, we won't be taking your money.. thank you, and have a good day. "

"What in the eff... but those bastids on rennlist told me NO ONE pays over MSRP... what does the "S" stand for anyway???

"Eeeh, Mr Unconscionable sir... the S stands for SUCKER!!!!!!!!"

Peace out, plane is taking off.
Old 09-19-2017 | 10:17 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Car completed yesterday and scheduled to be at port on Fri. Strange thing is it sits there for 3 weeks until Oct 13 when it departs for Houston. Hopefully, that schedule will move up a bit.

Was going to do PEC delivery in Atlanta, but cancelled that since PEC is so backed up. They pushed delivery to mid December; no thank you. Now, car should be at dealer first week in Nov. maybe sooner if all the stars align.
Old 09-19-2017 | 10:21 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by C2Spin
Car completed yesterday and scheduled to be at port on Fri. Strange thing is it sits there for 3 weeks until Oct 13 when it departs for Houston. Hopefully, that schedule will move up a bit.

Was going to do PEC delivery in Atlanta, but cancelled that since PEC is so backed up. They pushed delivery to mid December; no thank you. Now, car should be at dealer first week in Nov. maybe sooner if all the stars align.
congrats! another yellow beauty?

Quick Reply: First GT3.2 US DELIVERY