Sponsored by:

Graphite Blue .2GT3 Build Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 09:41 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts
Default Graphite Blue .2GT3 Build Opinions

I've narrowed my color choice to Guards Red or Graphite Blue. Have a look at the build code below.

Opinions on the red pin stripe wheels with the GBM exterior? I'm looking to eventually add decals as shown below. Ignore the light colored mirrors in the first pic.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ33WDP4

Opinions?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:44 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It works. Go with the GBM.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Looks like a great build. Keep in mind that GR is the polar opposite of GBM- much more subdued
Old 08-25-2017, 10:30 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
I've narrowed my color choice to Guards Red or Graphite Blue. Have a look at the build code below.

Opinions on the red pin stripe wheels with the GBM exterior? I'm looking to eventually add decals as shown below. Ignore the light colored mirrors in the first pic.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ33WDP4

Opinions?
Looks good!

I also have a GBM on order (it entered 'body shop' last month) but I stayed with the standard wheels... I have another plans in regards to wheel upgrades.

And I'm coming from my current GR 991.2 Carrera.... two really different colors but both are quite nice. You can't go wrong with either choice.

My build:

My Guards...

Autogespot's GBM pics in the wild....

Old 08-25-2017, 10:43 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bossing
Looks good!

I also have a GBM on order (it entered 'body shop' last month) but I stayed with the standard wheels... I have another plans in regards to wheel upgrades.

And I'm coming from my current GR 991.2 Carrera.... two really different colors but both are quite nice. You can't go wrong with either choice.
I feel in love with GBM when I saw a Turbo at my local dealer in GBM with black wheels and black trim.

I also love GR but I feel like it will be very common on the new GT3 and my daily driver is a Mini Cooper in Chili Red which is similar.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:46 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Too few GT3s to worry about being common. Get the color that gives you the most wood
Old 08-25-2017, 11:08 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Damn the GBM looks good. Like it!
Old 08-25-2017, 11:13 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

GBM looks awesome! Do it!
Old 08-25-2017, 11:23 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Where do you get the decals from? Looks great btw.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:36 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by johnr265
Where do you get the decals from? Looks great btw.
There are several places online like KI Studios.

https://kistudios.com/product-category/porsche/

I have yet to order the decals. I'll end up putting them on in the spring time.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:19 AM
rost12
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 77 Posts

I've got a GBM on order too, black wheels, black LEDs, steel brakes.

Saw a few random 911s and Boxsters in GBM, in bright sunlight the colour can look a bit washed out, in shade and overcast weather it looks a bit deeper.

I think the more black contrast bit around the car, the better that colour looks.

GBM reminds me somehow of outlaw style 911s bleached with Californian sun. Will look suitably out of place in gloomy England
Old 08-26-2017, 04:51 AM
cenix
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GBM looks very subdued but classy at the same time. Nice color!
Old 08-26-2017, 06:30 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 101 Posts

I personally don't think RED goes well at all with GBM. For your build, you have some great options to go with. Here are my opinions...

+ On the interior, since you are going with colored interior then why don't you color the A/C control thingy?

+ On the exterior since I think RED does not go well with GBM, I would first paint the calipers at a shot after I take delivery of the car and make them GBM as well. Then the R stripes if you have them in Silver I would do the side decals in Silver as well. You can have PORSCHE on wing and on decals in BLACK if you go with the black rims then the pin stripe you can do in Silver like on your current 911.

Another option, is you can keep PORSCHE on wing and sides in silver and keep rims full silver or do the rims in black with the pin stripe in silver.

Another option have the R stripes PORSCHE decals on wing and sides full black and keep the rims full black as well.

I know I said I don't think red matches at all with GBM but on the interior the RED on steering wheel works since it is on the interior and is very small bit. I could be wrong about red vs gbm but this is my personal opinion. I also think the calipers in GBM with wheels full silver or full black or fill black with pin stripe in silver will give a nice break between the color of body and the caliper (meaning it will show even if calipers are iron smaller because of the different color of wheels). I love GBM and if I were to do it / go with the R stripes I would probably to the R stripes in black with PORSCHE in black on wing and sides but go with silver rims this way the black decals will match the black accents whereas the silver rims will match the silver seat belts on your build and platinum stitching again I would do the calipers in GBM

Hope this helps and does not confuse
Old 08-26-2017, 09:25 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA

Hope this helps and does not confuse
Thanks for the feedback! I'm really leaning towards not getting the red pin stripe on the wheels. Out of all the options I spec'ed it's the one I'm most torn on. My wife loves it, but I would probably need to see it in person first. So I can always add a red pin stripe later after delivery.

At least with the decals I have some time to decide. I was looking at different combinations of silver, black, and chalk. I like all three with GBM.

I'm going to spend a few hours at the dealership today looking at colors and discussing options. My built doesn't lock until Monday, so I don't have much time.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:35 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks for the feedback! I'm really leaning towards not getting the red pin stripe on the wheels. Out of all the options I spec'ed it's the one I'm most torn on. My wife loves it, but I would probably need to see it in person first. So I can always add a red pin stripe later after delivery.

At least with the decals I have some time to decide. I was looking at different combinations of silver, black, and chalk. I like all three with GBM.

I'm going to spend a few hours at the dealership today looking at colors and discussing options. My built doesn't lock until Monday, so I don't have much time.
I think the red pin stripe looks good on a black car or possible a GR car (see pic of black car with it) i think the silver pin stripe like on your current 911 can look great but you would have to do that after the car arrives out of Porsche

Also sharing pic of GBM with red decal. For me the red does not work with GBM but that is just me
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Graphite Blue .2GT3 Build Opinions