Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Graphite Blue .2GT3 Build Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017 | 09:51 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
I think the red pin stripe looks good on a black car or possible a GR car (see pic of black car with it) i think the silver pin stripe like on your current 911 can look great but you would have to do that after the car arrives out of Porsche

Also sharing pic of GBM with red decal. For me the red does not work with GBM but that is just me
That picture helps.

I think red decals are out, however I'll probably live with the calipers for now. The black decal looks nice. I may need to do all black decals on the side and maybe the top as well. I like the Porsche decals on the side (I currently have one on my C4S) but I'm not sure about the 911R stripes on the top yet.
Old 08-26-2017 | 10:04 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by manitou202
That picture helps.

I think red decals are out, however I'll probably live with the calipers for now. The black decal looks nice. I may need to do all black decals on the side and maybe the top as well. I like the Porsche decals on the side (I currently have one on my C4S) but I'm not sure about the 911R stripes on the top yet.
You can always do just the sides with PORSCHE on wing or without PORSCHE on wing then add the R stripes in a year if you want a change

For the wheels if you do all black with pin strips in silver then the side decals in black with PORSCHE in silver can be a nice touch or all black like you said previously

Glad the pics helped
Old 08-26-2017 | 12:13 PM
disden
Drifting

RS's look great with stripes/stickers because they are brash brutal looking cars and can pull it off. Regular GT3s are simply beautiful, why mess up perfection with a bunch of stickers? Personal preference of course.
Old 08-26-2017 | 01:05 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by disden
RS's look great with stripes/stickers because they are brash brutal looking cars and can pull it off. Regular GT3s are simply beautiful, why mess up perfection with a bunch of stickers? Personal preference of course.
Check my GT3 out it has decals that say GT3 3.8 on the sides and i think it looks better than ever
Old 08-26-2017 | 03:09 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

So I wimped out and went with Guards Red. Here is my official build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJEAKAH9

I really like GBM but seeing it next to GR it just looks boring. I think I like it better on Turbos or Targas were they can pull off the more subtle look.

In the end I know I'll always like GR and never get tired of it. With the GR I probably won't do any decals as I prefer them to have the clean look.

Thanks again for all of the feedback!

Old 08-26-2017 | 03:11 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Very nice! Just a warning: the anthracite trim does not look like the configurator. It is a pewter gray, not black anodized like that GTS trim. So if you are hoping for a blacked out interior, you are going to be disappointed. The most black trim offered is carbon fiber, or leather.

So I wimped out and went with Guards Red. Here is my official build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJEAKAH9

I really like GBM but seeing it next to GR it just looks boring. I think I like it better on Turbos or Targas were they can pull off the more subtle look.

In the end I know I'll always like GR and never get tired of it. With the GR I probably won't do any decals as I prefer them to have the clean look.

Thanks again for all of the feedback!

Old 08-27-2017 | 03:07 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Originally Posted by Mech33
Very nice! Just a warning: the anthracite trim does not look like the configurator. It is a pewter gray, not black anodized like that GTS trim. So if you are hoping for a blacked out interior, you are going to be disappointed. The most black trim offered is carbon fiber, or leather.
I would have painted the sprayers for the headlights
Old 08-27-2017 | 05:00 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bossing
Looks good!

I also have a GBM on order (it entered 'body shop' last month) but I stayed with the standard wheels... I have another plans in regards to wheel upgrades.

And I'm coming from my current GR 991.2 Carrera.... two really different colors but both are quite nice. You can't go wrong with either choice.

My build:

My Guards...

Autogespot's GBM pics in the wild....

From the picture of your GR looks like there will be at least 2 GBM in Miami!
Old 08-30-2017 | 02:52 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Default ***UPDATE***

Well, I completely reversed course again and went back to the GBM. I let me SA know on Sunday night but just got confirmation they were able to change the order in the system. It had locked so they needed to get PAG to authorize the change.

Ultimately I would have been extremely happy with either configuration, but my wife really prefers the GBM and I do like that it's less flashy and unique.

So here's my final build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJPJUZC5

Now I get to spend the next couple of months obsessing over decals.

Old 08-30-2017 | 03:31 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Well, I completely reversed course again and went back to the GBM. I let me SA know on Sunday night but just got confirmation they were able to change the order in the system. It had locked so they needed to get PAG to authorize the change.

Ultimately I would have been extremely happy with either configuration, but my wife really prefers the GBM and I do like that it's less flashy and unique.

So here's my final build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJPJUZC5

Now I get to spend the next couple of months obsessing over decals.

Congrats! You did not want to paint the AC climate control to match the rest of the interior paint?
Old 08-30-2017 | 03:47 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Congrats! You did not want to paint the AC climate control to match the rest of the interior paint?
I'm not a fan of the painted climate control panel. It looks odd to me because it's broken up with all of the buttons. The rest of the painted trim pieces are uninterrupted sections that flow better in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2017 | 03:54 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Just make sure you see GBM in person before you order it. For some reason, IMO at least, it looks way better in pictures that in real life. I hated when I saw one at my dealer, who interestingly told me they couldn't give away their 'Concrete' blue cars.
Old 08-30-2017 | 04:00 PM
JRidge
Instructor

That build looks an awful lot like mine! I have a GBM coming as well, but I went with the Platinum Satin wheels. I think either black or platinum work great but IMHO it really needs one of the two darker wheels.

I've waffled for months about the color but I keep reminding myself that the first time I saw it in real life, at Barber, on one of the Sport Driving School fleet, I said to myself, my next car will be that color. So I'm going with my initial and gut reaction. Hopefully we will both be pleased with our choices! Can't wait to see the real thing!
Old 08-30-2017 | 04:01 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Just make sure you see GBM in person before you order it. For some reason, IMO at least, it looks way better in pictures that in real life. I hated when I saw one at my dealer, who interestingly told me they couldn't give away their 'Concrete' blue cars.
It's very dependent on lighting (fluorescent, sunny, cloudy, and low light all cause major changes)
Old 08-30-2017 | 04:02 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Saw a Turbo S in GBM and i thought it looked awesome. Saw it outside the showroom in daylight

Quick Reply: Graphite Blue .2GT3 Build Opinions