Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to AutoQuest Motorsports - A Hidden Gem of Porsche Development

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Leuz
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck John! We spoke once over the phone and you are a great guy!
Old 08-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 684 Likes on 436 Posts

aaaaannnnddd he's back!!

John I think I speak for us all when I say that you have an incredible community behind you and supporting you! For all you Rennlisters who may not know, I've known this guy for 25 years and he is truly one of the best. Ok, yes, I am sad that I don't get to work next to him every day anymore as Team Porsche here at Fabspeed But we're all thrilled for you to continue your journey into the depths of the Porsche racing world! When are you putting a 4.0 in the Cayman??

Old 08-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

<<<<======= that car came from AQ. Gavin was super helpful in the process of buying it. Answered all my newb questions.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:51 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
Welcome again John! Looking forward to continue working with you!
You are the man Jerry! You better count on it haha. We are also accepting applications for an authorized dealer in your area for our new GT4 MultiLink Rear Suspension Kit...wink wink lol

Originally Posted by awew911
Welcome to Florida, John!

When at Fabspeed, John was extremely helpful in setting up the correct exhaust pieces for my GTB1 Cayman. Contacted me after-hours and made sure I had what I needed for the setup in time for an event.

Looking forward to see you you at the track soon!
Erez you better count on me trying to chase you down on Sebring haha. Registered for the Sept. 16th/17th event FYI. Thanks for the kind words my friend, it is always great chatting with you

Originally Posted by mdrums
Just wanted to let you all know I've dealt with Gavin and Amy at Auto Quest in Ft. Myers before and they are a stand up great company....very active in the Florida Porsche and exotic car community.

How I wish this product was out when I had my 2012 GTS with Light Weight Buckets!!!!
That is great to hear, and thanks for chiming in. You should stop by or give us a call, I'd love to meet/chat with some of the existing AQM family!

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Hope to stop by and say hello next time I visit my mother in Naples.
I'll hold you to that, i'm here every day with the exception of hitting the track or a Cars and Coffee event. You'll have to show me around, I still have no idea where I am lol.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:02 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Hey John!
No, I never did the Fabspeed 420/450...I am focusing on suspension (Tarrett Race camber plates, TPC rear toe links, DSC V2 sport controller, track alignment), brakes (Ferodo DS1.11), wheels/tires (Re-71's and R7's on 19" rims) for now...maybe once power train warranty is over,I will look into your "rs" package..... might be a better route?

just waiting for 3rd gear to go any day now

Kevin
Suspension is how you make a driver comfortable to push the car faster, and in our opinion more important than the power aspect. That being said, I'd love to chat with you a bit about the suspension geometry of the GT4, as even with rear toe links and DSC module the underlying problem lies with the strut style rear suspension. We have since resolved that with the MultiLink, and can give you the nitty gritty on that over the phone if you have some time to chat.

However, safety is always the most important factor and if you haven't already I would highly suggest getting yourself a proper roll bar and harnesses, perhaps even a more laterally supportive seat like a RaceTech 4119.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Welcome to FL.
I hope it's humid enough for you but you should be able to negotiate a nice holiday in Kiwi land

Gavin and Amy had wedding party at Sebring. Enough said!
Oh it's humid enough for me alright, and if I could make it to the "homeland" at some point you better believe i'll take advantage haha.

Wedding party at Sebring...Champions

Originally Posted by CDinSing
John,
Welcome to Florida. Good choice. Gavin and Amy are the core of the PCA DE activity in central Florida and we are lucky to have them. Good luck and see you at Sebring!
I appreciate you saying so, I am lucky to be here and beyond thrilled to be a part of the program. I am registered for the September 16th/17th event, be sure to say hello it would be a pleasure to meet you!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:10 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Leuz
Good luck John! We spoke once over the phone and you are a great guy!
We should chat again! My cell is 484 883 6197, give me a shout some time so we can catch up : ) Your avatar is hilarious by the way, I'm making that the background on my computer haha.

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Jason
aaaaannnnddd he's back!!

John I think I speak for us all when I say that you have an incredible community behind you and supporting you! For all you Rennlisters who may not know, I've known this guy for 25 years and he is truly one of the best. Ok, yes, I am sad that I don't get to work next to him every day anymore as Team Porsche here at Fabspeed But we're all thrilled for you to continue your journey into the depths of the Porsche racing world! When are you putting a 4.0 in the Cayman??
Thanks Jason! There is noone better to fill my shoes at Fabspeed than yourself, I don't regret stealing you back from Colorado lol. Don't say that 4.0 swap too loud, John Tecce will hear you and give me a hard time

Originally Posted by Spyerx
<<<<======= that car came from AQ. Gavin was super helpful in the process of buying it. Answered all my newb questions.
I've always loved that car, what a nice coincidence that it happened to come from us
Old 08-19-2017, 01:37 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Have you ever driven on Sebring? Join our Gavin Riches around the track on a test day in his 997 GT3 Cup equipped with AutoQuest goodies back in 2011.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:59 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, here is the official release of our new 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for the Carbon Fiber LWBS. Quite a transformation to the seating position and comfort, especially for those on track with a helmet/HANS.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

I'll take a set for the passenger seat.
Driving to Road America now but hit me up to get it sent.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:34 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'll take a set for the passenger seat.
Driving to Road America now but hit me up to get it sent.
Gavin says he misses you and will give you a call haha. Have fun at Road America, it's been awhile since I've seen a Trans-Am race.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:48 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

John is great guy. He help me get the best sub belt mounts (Cantrell) for the harness for my new GT3 that is on order. Also he told me about the new seat adjusters for the race buckets. Cant wait to get the seat adjuster installed. Auto Quest has a lot great products that I will be adding to my GT3. Thanks John
Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by csfastp
John is great guy. He help me get the best sub belt mounts (Cantrell) for the harness for my new GT3 that is on order. Also he told me about the new seat adjusters for the race buckets. Cant wait to get the seat adjuster installed. Auto Quest has a lot great products that I will be adding to my GT3. Thanks John
Chris thank you very much for the kind words! You are quite the enthusiastic and passionate Porsche owner, and it was a pleasure working with you. I'm very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 991.2 GT3 (ours should be here shortly as well), and your feedback once our adjusters are installed.

For your reference here is a link to our new Titanium Caliper Piston Pucks that would be relevant to you, and keep an eye out this week for the release of our PCCB alternative
Old 10-07-2017, 02:19 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

For those with GT4's or if you know someone that has one...we just released our shorter final drive ratio to take care of that long gearing once and for all! : )
Old 10-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to meet you John the other day , Thanks for the seat adjusters

Wish you guys speedy reconstruction of your shop
Old 10-09-2017, 12:34 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
Nice to meet you John the other day , Thanks for the seat adjusters

Wish you guys speedy reconstruction of your shop
Excellent to meet you too Darren. Nice surprise you've been by and have met Gavin previously haha.

I appreciate the wishes, we hope to be looking stellar once again in November when the season starts to pick up : )

Quick Reply: Welcome to AutoQuest Motorsports - A Hidden Gem of Porsche Development