Dropped PTS? - List your new build/prod schedule

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 06:06 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
I'd like to get back on my original topic:

"I dropped my PTS slot/request (V180) a few days ago and replaced it with the following:

Color: Carmine Red
Notable options/comments: Manual, Black wheels, PCCB's, Black LED's, lift, buckets (silver stripe and stitch), etc.

Build Status Today: V200
Lock date: 9/22
Completion (V300): 10/13

If you were on the PTS bandwagon and dropped out, what have you now opted for and what build dates have you been given (as per official schedule with commission number on it)?"
What was your PTS build date. I'm V180 PTS and my SA mentioned December build as of now. I assume that build date is going to be pushed back ?
How far back, I don't know.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:32 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

I'd like to get back on my original topic:

"I dropped my PTS slot/request (V180) a few days ago and replaced it with the following:

Color: Carmine Red
Notable options/comments: Manual, Black wheels, PCCB's, Black LED's, lift, buckets (silver stripe and stitch), etc.

Build Status Today: V200
Lock date: 9/22
Completion (V300): 10/13

If you were on the PTS bandwagon and dropped out, what have you now opted for and what build dates have you been given (as per official schedule with commission number on it)?"
Yes, I'm curious as well- my theory that your commission number moves to a new allocation with a PTS request may be shot to hell based on what happened to you. I also am curious what your original production date was before your PTS request went in. Possibly there was an open allocation that they found for you because of the shuffling of all the PTS orders. Becoming more opaque and less clear by the day...

Originally Posted by 0to60
What was your PTS build date. I'm V180 PTS and my SA mentioned December build as of now. I assume that build date is going to be pushed back ?
OK looks like you have good input- was this your original production date or you don't know? You can find out by calling Porsche directly if you have your commission number.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:40 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Yes, I'm curious as well- my theory that your commission number moves to a new allocation with a PTS request may be shot to hell based on what happened to you. I also am curious what your original production date was before your PTS request went in. Possibly there was an open allocation that they found for you because of the shuffling of all the PTS orders. Becoming more opaque and less clear by the day...

OK looks like you have good input- was this your original production date or you don't know? You can find out by calling Porsche directly if you have your commission number.
Yes
My original production date was/is 12/17 until I'm told otherwise.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:06 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Yes
My original production date was/is 12/17 until I'm told otherwise.

Hmmm, interesting. Your order is PDK, so maybe that is significant. Meaning possibly PDK PTS are going first, although PDK has nothing to do with painted parts, but does have to do with early planned production- as in PDK was available months before Manual cars.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Ok, here's hoping not to add more confusion to this already stressful topic for so many.

- My original Pre-PTS build date was October 12. It was for a Manual transmission car.
- Once my PTS order was submitted and went V180, NO build date had been officially specified as it showed "PAG text hadling"
- The Commission Number has remained the same throughout and still is.
- August 3rd, PTS dropped and "unlock" request submitted and new spec submitted.
- August 4th, order unlocked and new spec replaced same commission number and order.
- Order remained V180 until today when it went V200 and production dates specified.

In finality, I hope everyone who wants PTS gets it. I genuinely wish you well.

As color is subjective, so are decisions. Enjoy whatever color you have and be thankful that you have a nice car coming.

Sermon end!
Old 08-07-2017, 08:33 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 160 Posts

I know the PTS price increase sux, but in the grand scheme of things
Why drop the PTS allocation ? Principle ?
I never factored “value” into the decision like the majority on this forum do, but rather my desire for a particular color.
How in the heck would one that desires a green Gt3 obtain W/O PTS ? It seems PAG never offers any Greens in standard/special colors
I dropped my PTS request because I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT LONGER for the car. No other reason. IT's a 'bird in hand' thing:
take my allocation for delivery in late October (euro) OR...wait til mid 2018...and possibly still NOT get PTS. It's a no brainer. It's just not that important.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Current Status of PTS Request on the .2 991 gt3 for US Market

Posted on my 'PTS Reference' Thread & on Montoya's
'Check In' .2 991 gt3 PTS Thread since I am getting
concerned...

I hope I am wrong. But there is something about
the current PTS request process at PCNA that frankly
I don't have a good feeling about! And I hope Porsche
is not (perhaps unwittingly) setting people up for a
big dissappointment when they finally announce who
really is getting PTS on the .2 991 gt3 for MY2018!

As I undertand it, PCNA recently asked of every
dealer with customer that already had a Fall 2017
.2 991 gt3 allocation & wanted PTS to fill out a
request & submit it to them. They then forwarded
these requests to PAG Germany & we now await a
final decision from the Fatherland. They weird thing
is that someone (possibly at PCNA) assumed that
all of these PTS requests would be fulfilled by PAG
& pushed their customer's formerly Fall 2017 built
slots into Spring of 2018! Even when a few have
opted out of PTS because of the price, their slots
remain now in the Spring of 2018! To me this all
means that PAG & PCNA have already filled those
old Fall build slots with new allocations in standard
colors.

But here is the rub. What if PCNA somewhat has
misunderstood what this current tentative V180
status means for a client that has requested PTS?
What if PAG doesn't approve but a fraction of those
PTS requests? PCNA, or someone in the organization,
has already given away these folk's Fall 2017 build
slots! So if PAG ends up approving only 10% of all
of those US customers that requested PTS, the unlucky
90% will end up the creek without a paddle! That
means no PTS & a much delayed production schedule
into the Spring of 2018! That is a 'double whammy' -
which would surely infuriate some of the most loyal/
long term customers of Porsche in this market!

The reason I am worry this might ocurr is that so
far I have not heard of a single Rennlist person that
requested PTS on their .2 991 gt3 via their dealers
being told he/she was unlucky & did not get it!

Even at the higher price of US$12830, I just do not
believe PAG will offer PTS to all .2 991 gt3 customers
that requested it. And the fact that PAG is presently
in the middle of their summer 'vacations' in Zuffenhausen
means that this unresolved limbo status on PTS might
continue for another month!

I am wishing for the best. But in my many years of
following the strange world of PTS at Porsche at close
hand, I can not envision a scenario where 100% of
those officially requesting for PTS on a GT model will
be approved! It defies PTS history at PAG. In the
911R, where every single customer for this limited
edition model was hand-picked by PAG & was some
sort of 918 VIP, celebrity, Titan of Industry or a Piëch/
Porsche family member, PAG rejected many who
asked for PTS! So I am having a hard time believing
Tom, Dick & Harry that requested PTS for the .2 991
gt3 in the US (or elsewhere in the world for that matter)
will be approved & waltz down happily the yellow-brick
road into the Land of Oz!

So trust but verify! And keep the pressure up on
PCNA to clarify your PTS status ASAP so that you
don't end up very dissappointed...and in much
worse shape (built date wise) than before this
PTS saga started weeks ago!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale 8/07/2017
Old 08-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

^ +1 Eduardo, you're spot on and the points you mention are precisely why I worried about color related approval and delivery schedule. The additional issue is that if a lot of folks are not approved, they then go into a queu, latter ones will be pushed way back and production dates for them could be way into next year...and that's for standard colors!

Btw, a side note as I understand it, production is not associated with commission numbers but with firm approved spec.

Last edited by Haku; 08-09-2017 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:12 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Ok, here's hoping not to add more confusion to this already stressful topic for so many.

- My original Pre-PTS build date was October 12. It was for a Manual transmission car.
- Once my PTS order was submitted and went V180, NO build date had been officially specified as it showed "PAG text hadling"
- The Commission Number has remained the same throughout and still is.
- August 3rd, PTS dropped and "unlock" request submitted and new spec submitted.
- August 4th, order unlocked and new spec replaced same commission number and order.
- Order remained V180 until today when it went V200 and production dates specified.
^ +1 Eduardo, you're spot on and the points you mention are precisely why I worried about color related approval and delivery schedule. The additional issue is that if a lot of folks are not approved, they then go into a queu, latter ones will be pushed way back and production dates for them Cold be way into next year...that's for standard colors!

Btw, a side note as I understand it, production is not associated with commission numbers but with firm approved spec.
Yes, I believe a commission number is tied to a customer order. Once you lock in production then your production and commission number are tied together.

Now, your particular order that went back to standard color: You say you didn't have a production date for PTS - this may in fact be the case, but is it possible you were tied to a later production allocation elsewhere in the system? My dealer was told me my production allocation is June and when I call Exclusive they also tell me that. However I don't know if that shows on the same screen print you show. On another change history screen I have a "shift order confirmation" prior to going V180- which one can only assumes that means my order has 'shifted' to a later date. So, there you go.

Wish we had someone who could help us from the inside with all of this- still very muddy...
Old 08-07-2017, 11:35 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
I have been lusting for VG 911 for a very long time....
Viper will be brilliant on this car!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:35 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Definitely some good points Eduardo. This whole PTS process is fun and insane at the same time. I don't know why PAG/PCNA can't just keep the allocations as is until PTS is finally approved for those lucky individuals. It looks like the 2nd round of US allocations won't probably come out till later this year anyway. For those not approved, they should be able to just keep their original production date instead of getting pushed back. I hope everything gets clearer by the end of the month so we can either celebrate our PTS allocation or just move on and keep our original color and production date.

Last edited by hayn911gt3; 08-08-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Also- no one should be ashamed to dropping PTS after the price doubled. If they doubled the price for colored stitching many would dump it too. There comes a point where the price does not meet the value that one perceives it delivers
Old 08-08-2017, 12:00 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Also- no one should be ashamed to dropping PTS after the price doubled. If they doubled the price for colored stitching many would dump it too. There comes a point where the price does not meet the value that one perceives it delivers
Conversely, I'm not ashamed to pay double.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Conversely, I'm not ashamed to pay double.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:14 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

wow, that would be a game changer, up the price and give it to everyone who wants it, charge a bit more, so only those who really want it buy it, ultimately reducing demand as the flippers and dealers who bought w/a plan to flip lose interest out of fear that a PTS car may be difficult to sell, it would equalize out market forces and Porsche could play the good guy telling us the most enthusiastic of customers, yes we listened you want PTS , you can have it

Quick Reply: Dropped PTS? - List your new build/prod schedule