Sponsored by:

Dropped PTS? - List your new build/prod schedule

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 09:41 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Is it premature to form a Concerned Owners Group for PTS?
Seems like a good idea...or maybe a joint group including those worried they won't get PTS and also those who are bitter the price went up. The Worried/Bitter Non-Owners Group -- or WBNOG -- really rolls off the tongue.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Seems like a good idea...or maybe a joint group including those worried they won't get PTS and also those who are bitter the price went up. The Worried/Bitter Non-Owners Group -- or WBNOG -- really rolls off the tongue.
lets see, $6500 price increase X 50 PTS cars = $325,000. Not even a drop in bucket for dieselgate, so "please", enough already on that.

As bummed as I am about the price increase, those who said it above are right, Porsche is free to charge whatever the market will bear; anything less is bad business.

The only thing Porsche deserves criticism for around the price increase is timing of it as it relates to shifting around buyers' production dates... for example, I got the (happy) call/email July 28 that's my PTS request was approved/confirmed. At that time, there was no hint of any price increase. Upon agreeing to it, my Nov build slot was suddenly changed to March due to PTS. Then 4 days later (Aug 3), news hits of the price increase, which both my dealer principal and Porsche Exclusive contact confirm to me same day with the (true) disclaimer that they didn't know and had no say in the matter.

I didnt ask to cancel PTS, but from what others are saying, it's sounding like canceling PTS after it's approved doesn't necessarily guarantee One's earlier build slot back. Fortunately for me, I am fine with the later delivery date since I already have a GT3 that I can just keep longer in the meantime, not to mention the great news yesterday about the 991.1 engine warranty being extended thanks to the COG here on RL! But certainly for some would-be PTS buyers who have already or will yet cancel PTS over the price bump, the delayed build month may be a big deal. Porsche should have informed its dealer principles and Exclsuive reps of the price increase before they approved PTS requests just a few days earlier so that buyers awaiting PTS approval could have opted out if it would have made them decide to do so.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 629 Likes on 385 Posts

What does "confirmed / approved" mean in this case? I assume your car is V180 status awaiting final approval from Germany like others, or have you heard otherwise?

Originally Posted by Lapis
lets see, $6500 price increase X 50 PTS cars = $325,000. Not even a drop in bucket for dieselgate, so "please", enough already on that.

As bummed as I am about the price increase, those who said it above are right, Porsche is free to charge whatever the market will bear; anything less is bad business.

The only thing Porsche deserves criticism for around the price increase is timing of it as it relates to shifting around buyers' production dates... for example, I got the (happy) call/email July 28 that's my PTS request was approved/confirmed. At that time, there was no hint of any price increase. Upon agreeing to it, my Nov build slot was suddenly changed to March due to PTS. Then 4 days later (Aug 3), news hits of the price increase, which both my dealer principal and Porsche Exclusive contact confirm to me same day with the (true) disclaimer that they didn't know and had no say in the matter.

I didnt ask to cancel PTS, but from what others are saying, it's sounding like canceling PTS after it's approved doesn't necessarily guarantee One's earlier build slot back. Fortunately for me, I am fine with the later delivery date since I already have a GT3 that I can just keep longer in the meantime, not to mention the great news yesterday about the 991.1 engine warranty being extended thanks to the COG here on RL! But certainly for some would-be PTS buyers who have already or will yet cancel PTS over the price bump, the delayed build month may be a big deal. Porsche should have informed its dealer principles and Exclsuive reps of the price increase before they approved PTS requests just a few days earlier so that buyers awaiting PTS approval could have opted out if it would have made them decide to do so.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:25 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Gotcha! If we have enough threads on PTS eventually I'll get everyone with an order, LOL!

Yes, I believe if you cancel PTS you will get a new allocation production month, maybe later than your original depending on availability. Right now your commission is in a production allocation for March. If you cancel that would be the worst case scenario- it stays there.

As usual do you mind giving a bit more information:

Color
Euro or PEC?
CXX?
PDK or Manual?
V status (I assume it is V180)
Dealer location (state and country)

Thanks, PM me if you want to keep any of what you haven't provided yet private.

Andre
Old 08-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by montoya
Gotcha! If we have enough threads on PTS eventually I'll get everyone with an order, LOL!

Yes, I believe if you cancel PTS you will get a new allocation production month, maybe later than your original depending on availability. Right now your commission is in a production allocation for March. If you cancel that would be the worst case scenario- it stays there.

As usual do you mind giving a bit more information:

Color
Euro or PEC?
CXX?
PDK or Manual?
V status (I assume it is V180)
Dealer location (state and country)

Thanks, PM me if you want to keep any of what you haven't provided yet private.

Andre
andre, sorry but I've come to realize this process requires confidentiality so as not to burn bridges with those who made it possible.

Furthermore, sharing One's PTS build details runs contrary to the point of speccing a custom color and build, which is to try to ensure... Exclusivity. Would rather not broadcast my build to the world and in so doing inspire others to spec theirs the same.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

andre, sorry but I've come to understanding this process requires some confidentiality so as not to burn bridges with those who made it possible.

Furthermore, sharing One's PTS build details runs contrary to the point of speccing a custom color and build, which is to try to ensure... Exclusivity. Would rather not broadcast my build to the world and in so doing inspire others to spec theirs the same.
At the risk of being flamed, who said or now thinks that PTS is "exclusive"?!!!

IMO, get PTS because you just love/need a color, not for exclusivity.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Haku

IMO, get PTS because you just love/need a color, not for exclusivity.
50 a year out of maybe 1500+ total GT3 production per year? And it's not like all 50 PTS cars will be same color. Sounds fairly exclusive to me.

But my main point above is that even if two of us pick the same PTS color, disclosing the entire spec including CXX options increases the likelihood others may decide to order same color and/or similar CXX options.

I'm not trying to pic the rarest spec. If I were, I'd order baby poop brown with PCCBs, red seat belts, and acid green stitching. hah!

of course one should order what they do because it's attractive and special to them, but it's that much better if it's ALSO rare, both for how it makes you feel to own something unique and, yes, the potential future value from that rarity.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:26 AM
FORENN
Banned

Lapis, it seems you did not heed the wise lesson of Haiku from his popular cancelation thread: "PTS is an overplayed card and will be as common as muck!" The grapes, it would seem, are extra sour lately.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:40 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Lapis, it seems you did not heed the wise lesson of Haiku from his popular cancelation thread: "PTS is an overplayed card and will be as common as muck!" The grapes, it would seem, are extra sour lately.
Mine ws a tongue in cheek comment. I just think get what fits your needs best.

At this stage to base ones decision to go one way or another by anything other than personal circumstance and aesthetic taste is foolhardy. IMO, to either generalize or speculate about the "value" of PTS based on "exclusivity" is risky.

The grapes my friend are just fine, only time will tell whether they will be used for wine or vinegar. As we know both are good for you!
Old 08-09-2017, 12:49 AM
FORENN
Banned

Mine ws a tongue in cheek comment. I just think get what fits your needs best.

At this stage to base ones decision to go one way or another by anything other than personal circumstance and aesthetic taste is foolhardy. IMO, to either generalize or speculate about the "value" of PTS based on "exclusivity" is risky.

The grapes my friend are just fine, only time will tell whether they will be used for wine or vinegar. As we know both are good for you!
You're having trouble keeping your own issues straight. There is the question of why one would get PTS. And then there's the question of whether PTS, as a factual matter, is exclusive. They are not the same issue. And why you would care why Lapis or anyone, for that matter, should desire PTS is beyond me. But hey, if it gets your motor going...
Old 08-09-2017, 01:12 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

You're having trouble keeping your own issues straight. There is the question of why one would get PTS. And then there's the question of whether PTS, as a factual matter, is exclusive. They are not the same issue. And why you would care why Lapis or anyone, for that matter, should desire PTS is beyond me. But hey, if it gets your motor going...
I know Lapis personally and respect him and his comments. I think he gets my drift and in the context in which it was stated. Hence my care and response to him. Reason enough?

As none of your points address my original topic and you come across somewhat acidic, best to let this go mate and just get back on topic?... "Dropped PTS? - List your new build/prod schedule"

Old 08-09-2017, 01:17 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

andre, sorry but I've come to realize this process requires confidentiality so as not to burn bridges with those who made it possible.

I don't want to know your build details or colors. Sharing color selection is just fun, and at this point not something anyone can likely change, but again I don't need to know. I would like to know if you are at V180 and what production month you were moved to. These details shouldn't blow any confidentiality or allow anyone to find out how your order was placed or who helped with your order. It will however help us all learn better what is going on behind the scenes. Euro delivery seems to be relevant as is CXX options (no details just if you have them).

Thanks for reconsidering!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:18 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default My dos centavos...for what is worth!

Originally Posted by WernerE

Is it premature to form a Concerned Owners
Group for PTS?
Seems like a good idea...or maybe a joint group
including those worried they won't get PTS and
also those who are bitter the price went up.
The Worried/Bitter Non-Owners Group -- or
WBNOG -- really rolls off the tongue.

lets see, $6500 price increase X 50 PTS
cars = $325,000. Not even a drop in
bucket for dieselgate, so "please",
enough already on that.
Lapis: You are barking up the wrong tree!
Sportscentury is one of the least concerned
individuals here on Rennlist about the PTS
price increase on the .2 991 gt3. He has
made that clear in a variety of posts in the
past few days. Both he & Werner were making
fun of the real $ 'worrywarts' in our midst!

As bummed as I am about the price increase,
those who said it above are right, Porsche is
free to charge whatever the market will bear;
anything less is bad business.

The only thing Porsche deserves criticism for
around the price increase is timing of it as it
relates to shifting around buyers' production
dates...
I am sorry, Lapis, but Porsche's handling of
PTS on the .2 991 gt3 deserves a lot of
criticism...and it might get much worse soon!
I am hoping this scenario turns out to be
false & you, Montoya & all the others that
requested PTS get to the Land of OZ, but...

'Happy Talk'

for example, I got the (happy) call/email July 28
that's my PTS request was approved/confirmed.
At that time, there was no hint of any price increase.
Upon agreeing to it, my Nov build slot was suddenly
changed to March due to PTS. Then 4 days later
(Aug 3), news hits of the price increase, which
both my dealer principal and Porsche Exclusive
contact confirm to me same day with the (true)
disclaimer that they didn't know and had no say
in the matter.
The paragraph above, Lapis, captures exactly what
MIGHT be wrong with how Porsche is handling this
entire PTS process! To try to prove my point, let me
repeat your original comment in 'blue' & next to it see
my reaction in 'red':

"for example, I got the (happy) call/email July 28
that's my PTS request was approved/confirmed.
"

Many of us don't believe your PTS is approved or confirmed.
None might be! According to reports, PCNA has filed PTS
requests for ALL the customers with .2 991 gt3 allocations
in the Fall of 2017. No PTS request has been denied to date,
which is in itself suspicious. And reports are that PAG now
has to decide how many PTS slots to allocate among all that
asked for it.

"At that time, there was no hint of any price increase."

Unprofessional at best...deceptive at worse!

"Upon agreeing to it, my Nov build slot was suddenly
changed to March due to PTS.
"

To be expected since we have been telling folks for
years that PTS requires minimum of three months
from confirmed order to scheduled production dates.
But nevertheless, PAG, PCNA & your dealer should
have explained the process AHEAD of time so that
this shift to March build date came as no surprise
to you!

"Then 4 days later (Aug 3), news hits of the price
increase, which both my dealer principal and Porsche
Exclusive contact confirm to me same day with the
(true) disclaimer that they didn't know and had no
say in the matter.
"

Finally, you learned the hard facts of PTS from folks
you seem to trust! When you dealer principal & reps
at 'Porsche Exclusive' told you they didn't know about
the PTS price increase, I do believe them! It is true!
But also believe that they probably don't know
if you have been approved for PTS & they also
do not know what will happen if you get rejected
for PTS by PAG!

You have also learned by now that 'Porsche Exclusive'
does not control PTS or knows much about who gets
it...or who doesn't. So always take anything they tell
you about PTS with a grain of salt!

Now, after you know all of this, do you still think that
Porsche, PCNA & the dealers are handling the PTS
process fairly well????

This was one of my favorite tunes from 'South Pacific'.
So although I am concerned & not optimistic yet, I am
hoping for the best & pulling for you guys with the...
'Happy Talk'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 08-09-2017, 01:45 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Montoya, v180, march, yes to CXX.

Haku, thank you.

Eduardo, your expertise and viewpoint are appreciated as ever.

Sportscentury, no need to be acerbic.

All, While process could stand to be improved, I believe that the folks I've been dealing with in Atlanta and at my dealer are sincere, above board and trying their best to keep me informed, transparently. I truly sympathize with the challenge they face to keep their customers happy and manage expectations. It seems there's a new process they're trying this time 'round, so let's give it a chance.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:00 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Hey, to pivot back to Haku's original question, hypothetically, IF I were to drop PTS (or get turned down before V200), here's how I'd probably spec mine...

- black (and full xpel wrap)
- (maybe): dark grey side stripes with PORSCHE script
- std iron brakes
- black wheels with red pinstripe
- black headlights
- LWBs
- leather interior with platinum silver stitching
- red seatbelts
- white gauges and sport chrono clock
- black aluminum interior trim
- red center marker on alcantara steering wheel

Quick Reply: Dropped PTS? - List your new build/prod schedule