Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:57 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Any decent shop should be able to match. I would go for the GMG RSR bar if they still make that one. I've got it in the RS and it's very nice quality. GMG might actually be able to get it painted prior to shipping. Check w Fabryce or James there.

Congrats on the Touring 22L car. Man, we must be up to at least a half dozen Oak Green cars?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:14 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 963 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Will be tracking for sure - likely once every two months. Daily driver as well
Exactly the way it was intended to be used! Congratulations once again.
Originally Posted by DrKid
Please mark me as delivered.
991.2 GT3 Touring
PTS 22L Oak Green Metallic

Just when I thought that nothing could top my love for Auratium Green you choose this. Huge congrats to you; looking forward to seeing more photos of this.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 09-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
Big thanks... seems there are a few of these out there. Throwback to a Porsche family favorite!
Well that's weird. Was just there. And sitting in that restaurant just a couple tables removed. Have no recollection of seeing that car.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:50 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Well that's weird. Was just there. And sitting in that restaurant just a couple tables removed. Have no recollection of seeing that car.
I took that pic in the fall of 2017, just after I submitted my final build on my allocation. I had only seen samples of Oak Green before that. Then at the top of the escalator was that 911 owned by Ferry Porsche and I knew I had made the right choice.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:38 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My First Mod...a little Personal CXX

Added RennDecal last night and this morning...Alexio you must be a miracle worker if you got this done on the side of the road in Austria...It took me forever, mainly just getting the alignment where I wanted it. The color match is just about perfect and I needed something to tie the PCCB into the rest of the car (otherwise I felt like they were a little dominated by all the red from the brake lights in the rear 3/4 view). It seemed to turn out pretty well, though I ordered another set from RennDecals this morning as it wasn't quite perfect. We'll see how motivated I get...nice thing about DYI is if you change your mind later it's only $50 bucks in decals and a little (or a lot) of time.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:09 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Exactly the way it was intended to be used! Congratulations once again.
Just when I thought that nothing could top my love for Auratium Green you choose this. Huge congrats to you; looking forward to seeing more photos of this.
Thank you for the very kind words...I do love Auratium Green as well, but Oak just pops in the sun and that is what won me over
Old 09-29-2018, 12:55 AM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Added RennDecal last night and this morning...Alexio you must be a miracle worker if you got this done on the side of the road in Austria...It took me forever, mainly just getting the alignment where I wanted it. The color match is just about perfect and I needed something to tie the PCCB into the rest of the car (otherwise I felt like they were a little dominated by all the red from the brake lights in the rear 3/4 view). It seemed to turn out pretty well, though I ordered another set from RennDecals this morning as it wasn't quite perfect. We'll see how motivated I get...nice thing about DYI is if you change your mind later it's only $50 bucks in decals and a little (or a lot) of time.
The stripe really ties it all together! Nicely done!

Old 09-30-2018, 01:56 PM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 166 Posts

Please mark me as delivered.
991.2 GT3 Touring
PTS 22L Oak Green Metallic
Buckets
PCCB
Lift
Couple other common options... need to up my CXX game to keep up with you pros, but plan on keeping this baby a long long time.
My first GT3 (really my first Porsche - though my dad has always driven a Porsche so this has been a dream long in the making....)
Congrats! Looks beautiful.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:06 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

For the same reasons, I did a similar DIY also on just the Porsche script.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:22 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

How hard are those decals to apply? Mine should be coming in any day now.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:44 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
Pretty easy in terms of application. I did some Renndecals stuff on my GT4. Most challenging part is lining up and getting the side stripes level. Use a sharp exacto knife for cutting. It's actually fun and rewarding. Good YouTube videos out there on how to apply.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:53 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
I'm not a big fan of green but this looks great. I also have to commend Porsche for naming these greens -- Viper, Signal, Pure. Would anyone choose a green labeled "Grass?"

Just remembered this. So that was the rendering, the is in real life:

Old 09-30-2018, 10:12 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Choose Grass Green so that I could finally conclusively identify every green on the PTS list.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:58 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Looks Beautiful - love how well the light silver stripe blends with the wheels....
Old 10-01-2018, 01:10 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WantA997
Hardest part definitely is lining things up correctly.

I choose 1.5 cm up from the bottom of the door - that was the hardest part for me - there was nothing online that showed definitively how far up from the bottom of the door the stripe started.
Also, the middle (1.75" in on the 3.5" letters) of the second letter in Porsche closest to the front of the car (depends on the side) was 12 inches from the door jam at the level of the midpoint of the stripe
Lots of painters tape. Lots of taking off and re-applying...
Very much a measure twice and cut once thing.

Any of these measurements should be verified and re-adjusted if they don't look right to you....

Last edited by DrKid; 10-01-2018 at 01:14 PM. Reason: added photo

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order