Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
Got the call today. My cancelled PTS is now back on again. Woohoo
congrats!!! What color?
Old 05-25-2018, 06:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,086 Likes on 2,335 Posts

So have they opened the PTS back up for GT3s?
Old 05-25-2018, 06:17 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Congrats Tal!
Old 05-25-2018, 06:27 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 221 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That's what I heard here in Canada. A few days ago the Exclusive rep at Porsche Canada communicated it was expected.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:29 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
From what I can tell it's limited to previously existing PTS requests that were in the system at the time of the stop sale.

I've been told that dealers haven't received any memos regarding reopening of PTS to new GT3 orders or for other 911 GT models, and the configurator hasn't restored the option ... but obviously all that could change at a moment's notice.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:28 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 831 Likes on 381 Posts

Wow. Most excellent news.

What colour?
Old 05-25-2018, 07:38 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
congrats!!! What color?
Originally Posted by sgroer
Congrats Tal!
Originally Posted by Jamie140
Wow. Most excellent news.

What colour?
Thanks all. Arrow blue

My understanding it was just opened for previously approved and then cancelled. I was told I had til today to finalize order and was fixed after today.

Of course it's Porsche so who really knows
Old 05-25-2018, 07:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Noooooooo
+1
Old 05-25-2018, 07:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Thanks all. Arrow blue

My understanding it was just opened for previously approved and then cancelled. I was told I had til today to finalize order and was fixed after today.

wow - good luck! - do you have a production date?
Old 05-25-2018, 07:49 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks all. Arrow blue

Great color! Nice to hear you finally got the color you wanted. I understand the frustration, I was on the same boat at some point
Old 05-25-2018, 07:59 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

same for me....we shall see.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:20 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

I was at my dealer today. It was some weird one day only and wasn't a big official announcement. GM and Service manager found out and then called a few customers to get it in. Not only previous PTS in the system, any in the system.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I was at my dealer today. It was some weird one day only and wasn't a big official announcement. GM and Service manager found out and then called a few customers to get it in. Not only previous PTS in the system, any in the system.
could Zuffenhausen GT production get *any* weirder this year??? they push back a bunch of PTS folks (me included) due to some unknown issues then all of a sudden BOOM its memorial day weekend PTS sale time - WTF is going on over there?

congrats though - be interested to see how the addition of PTS affects your production schedule, fingers crossed!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:53 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric
The fun of the surprise is exactly why we choose to keep it "confidential". It was difficult to keep secret as we got the allocation July 17 and locked our build end of August while at Monterey Week. Almost a year start to delivery.
I tried to keep the Porsche generational styling throughout the build while trying to keep the interior light. I try to never mix more than black trim/headlights and the car color on the outside, and not make the interior to busy. This keeps the look clean and congruent though the sight lines.
The standard leather/alcantara interior with silver deviated stitching and silver stripes in the LWB seat really work well together with standard gauges. One cool bonus of Pastel Orange is that the tick marks on the standard gauges and center clock are matching orange.
The build was focused on performance and driving.
Driving - front lift, light design, LED PDLS Black headlights, auto dimming mirrors, smoking package, Bose sound system, passenger luggage net
Performance - PDK, LWB seats, PCCBs, extended range fuel tank, sport design, fire extinguisher.
The 3 options I did that fell outside the Driving and Performance theme were the Paint to Sample/Black everything exterior, Lighted aluminum door sills and aluminum look fuel cap.

It was really special to be the first ever driving coach in North America (LA and Atlanta) to take delivery of a car at an Experience Center.

We are so happy with this car!

Can't wait to see your build! I am very excited for you! Maybe at Monterey week and or Rennsport?

Best,

Eric
Great build Eric- my car is similar, the differences are std brakes, CF interior trim with deviated orange stitching, black door handles, white gauges, CF door sill and CXX Porsche script on the tail (curious how that comes out). Otherwise the same. Original plan was aluminum trim with Pepita inserts for a classic look, but decided to not do the retro look and went for a modern feel. Wish the red brakes were grey or silver because grey and silver really look good on my orange Vette.

Edit: Throwing in a picture of the Vette- not great view of the brakes, but you can see how grey and silver really contrast nicely on this orange (which is very close to BMW Fire Orange). As an aside, hoping that the Pastel Orange is a similar hue. (hint- daylight pics??)

Right now it's certain I will miss Rennsport with my car since Euro Delivery now looks like September. Last week they confirmed August, but I don't want to drive around with all the summer crowds in August, so trying to push it later. You and I placed our orders at the same time, mine was July as well, and always scheduled for June production which I think they will hit. Wish I could have done PEC delivery in LA as an alternative, but the new tax laws in CA seem to rule that out for an arrive and drive, and not too thrilled to tow it a thousand miles to Oregon!

Enjoy! I still have a few months of waiting!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:56 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
could Zuffenhausen GT production get *any* weirder this year??? they push back a bunch of PTS folks (me included) due to some unknown issues then all of a sudden BOOM its memorial day weekend PTS sale time - WTF is going on over there?

congrats though - be interested to see how the addition of PTS affects your production schedule, fingers crossed!
I don't have one on order. I am just good friends with the service manager and was in for a little work. He came out from the GM office and said it was the weirdest thing ever and they haven't seen it yet. They called a few customers and sure enough got the PTS into the system. He said it sure could get rejected but it was weird. No official announcement just got a call. It was good because a friend of mine has one on order and at least I was able to maybe help someone.

They do have a Gulf Blue PTS coming in and another buildable October allocation for a mere $27,500 over. Hence the first sentence.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order