Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 11:52 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
from researching and talking to SA/PCNA, I don't believe it will have a wart but will see.....
ya, radio delete was a blessing in disguise. I am almost sure if I didn't select it, I would have lost PTS along with the 80 odd cancelled PTS orders. my discussion via email w/ exclusive indicated to me my build made the cut within a day of the PTS cancellation!
Nice! Yes, I remember you just made the cut! Color will be worth it, had an M3 in Techno Violet- this is even better than that. Wish I could get one in this color too!
Old 05-14-2018, 12:31 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Kind of unrelated, but figured someone here may appreciate it. We took PTS into our own hands on our E90 M3 and wrapped it Ultraviolet from the 991 RS! This color needs some more love.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:52 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 543 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by RS911

More to come later

Great taste.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:42 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
Kind of unrelated, but figured someone here may appreciate it. We took PTS into our own hands on our E90 M3 and wrapped it Ultraviolet from the 991 RS! This color needs some more love.

Nice wrap! Have your ever done an overwrap of clear film over a wrap? My big disappointment with my wrap on my Vette is the flat finish- where I have clear bra is much better. I saw that Fellers carries a clear overwrap now specifically for glossing up wrap jobs. Just curious, (not to go too off topic!).
Old 05-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by montoya
Nice wrap! Have your ever done an overwrap of clear film over a wrap? My big disappointment with my wrap on my Vette is the flat finish- where I have clear bra is much better. I saw that Fellers carries a clear overwrap now specifically for glossing up wrap jobs. Just curious, (not to go too off topic!).
You absolutely can!

This wrap was actually a "spray wrap" done with Haloefx. I went this route as you can match to the color code M4A exactly, and the clear coat that goes on top is much glossier than most vinyl wraps I've seen, has much more depth, and is actually self healing just like Suntek and Xpel. Scratches and swirls disappear in the sunlight, and it is resistant to gasoline, road grime, etc. It can also be wet sanded, cut, and buffed just like a real paint job. With an experienced installer you can get it to have more gloss and less orange peel than the car's paint itself.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:48 AM
sansan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Finally movement in the right direction. Went from April Delivery to June to July then September. Today, it is now supposed to be delivered to dealer August 31st! Too bad I'm out of town for the last two weeks of August. If only it could move to July 31st

Beggars can't be choosers.... haha
Old 05-17-2018, 11:48 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacelle
Sweet!

Quite lovely.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM
FORENN
Banned

Kind of unrelated
Oh no, a BMW wrap in a Porsche PTS thread is definitely on point.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:24 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You absolutely can!

This wrap was actually a "spray wrap" done with Haloefx. I went this route as you can match to the color code M4A exactly, and the clear coat that goes on top is much glossier than most vinyl wraps I've seen, has much more depth, and is actually self healing just like Suntek and Xpel. Scratches and swirls disappear in the sunlight, and it is resistant to gasoline, road grime, etc. It can also be wet sanded, cut, and buffed just like a real paint job. With an experienced installer you can get it to have more gloss and less orange peel than the car's paint itself.
Nice! Love to see some close ups of the finish and jams of this spray wrap. So this is not plasti dip?
Old 05-17-2018, 11:15 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Oh no, a BMW wrap in a Porsche PTS thread is definitely on point.
Well wrap technology, or in this case rubberized coatings keep improving. What’s on point with that is that color change is getting more sophisticated and getting closer to paint while still being reversible. This makes expensive PTS choices from Porsche and others as a more difficult choice when you can get any color you want from a rubberized coating, protect your original OEM finish, have the depth and gloss of paint and peel off when you’re done.

Still evolving technology, but it’s getting closer to being indistinguishable from paint.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:47 AM
RS911
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 928cs

Great taste.
Thank you
Old 05-18-2018, 01:33 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sansan
Finally movement in the right direction. Went from April Delivery to June to July then September. Today, it is now supposed to be delivered to dealer August 31st! Too bad I'm out of town for the last two weeks of August. If only it could move to July 31st

Beggars can't be choosers.... haha
Congrats, still waiting for my Euro confirmation.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:42 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 963 Likes on 483 Posts

HRE Classic 300's on Auratium Green

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 05-18-2018, 08:28 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by meaker
Nice! Love to see some close ups of the finish and jams of this spray wrap. So this is not plasti dip?
I'll take a few more once it finally stops raining here in PA. Just had the entire car wet sanded and polished to help level the clear coat, as it is super soft. Looks pretty good, and helped with orange peel a bit. This stuff is completely different than plasti-dip. I will say it before anybody that I HATE spray wraps, as usually you can almost see the rubber-ish texture to them, as well as the spray lines, but a good installer makes a world of difference. The coloration on mine is all perfectly even, and the Haloefx clear coat is incredile. Feels just like paint, and is self healing like PPF.

I didn't opt to do the door jambs as that would have almost doubled the cost of install, and I switch the wrap every few months. Only went with a spray so I could match Ultraviolet, and I am beyond happy with it. My installer also told me for even more money, you are able to wet sand and polish each layer, and it completely elimnates the appearance of any orange peel from the OEM paint or wrap, and provides the ultimate gloss.

Oh, and you can ceramic coat it! Haha

Don't mean to make this sound like a sales pitch, we don't even offer it or do any installs for anything, just sharing my experience and satisfaction with a new technology! With the right installer, this is a great alternative for guys who want to change the color of their car but aren't happy with the texture/appearance of seams with wraps.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:00 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by WheelsB
HRE Classic 300's on Auratium Green

Very nice.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order