Sponsored by:

what is not right with the GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 06:30 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EST
I think that the Carrera GT seats are one of the best factory seats ever.
To be fair though, they are a seat that doesn't fit everyone. It's pretty narrow around the shoulders (someone long ago told me it was designed to fit Walter Rohrl - unsure if true though) and not everyone gets on with them, plenty of people I know prefer the gt2 folding seat.

I wish the cgt seat offered adjustable recline as i find it is a bit too upright than ideal but still overall far prefer it to the 918 type seat (too wide as mentioned earlier). at least they are by a good margin the lightest seat available iirc!
Old 07-30-2017, 06:47 AM
boccarp
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C-gt3
aren't the fender gills $14k to replace?
and yes, more info on the bikes in the garage!

If anyone wants to see more of my bike collection go to my website www.superbikeuniverse.com

This is not a plug to sell bikes. I really don'y want to sell anything. Though everything is ultimately for sale I price them wicked high and I am not negotiable. If you really want something from my collection you have to really pay up. Otherwise I'm more than happy to share my collection to the viewing public and ride/enjoy my bikes with my buddies.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:55 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by isv
To be fair though, they are a seat that doesn't fit everyone. It's pretty narrow around the shoulders (someone long ago told me it was designed to fit Walter Rohrl - unsure if true though) and not everyone gets on with them, plenty of people I know prefer the gt2 folding seat.

I wish the cgt seat offered adjustable recline as i find it is a bit too upright than ideal but still overall far prefer it to the 918 type seat (too wide as mentioned earlier). at least they are by a good margin the lightest seat available iirc!

Agree a bit with the shoulder width. Even me with my narrow shoulders can find them e bit tight but I'm good with that. I like the upright position too but all of these factors of course depends on your body.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:58 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Agree on the 3RS, but the RWS has been much improved and recalibrated on the R and the .2GT3, so will assume next RS will be a lot better.

The times I drove the RS hard on track, It felt like RWS wasn't working quickly enough (at the limits) to keep up with what you wanted the car to do. Don't think it was as loose as it felt though, it just took a bit of getting used to, and will be a lot better next time I'm sure. I still like RWS, for what it does to turn in and agility.
(Don't really see it as a driver aid, it just makes the car work better).
Makes you wonder how easily they could update the older units, assuming it's purely software. They often have updates they don't volunteer, but can apply when specifically asked.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:19 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
They had to make seats to fit TrakCar!
Indeed. They're fully Americanized but thankfully not yet full Wal Mart spec....

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Sketchy as hell rear end at limit and rws doing unnatural things to handling feel in certain low speed corners.
Agree on the 3RS, but the RWS has been much improved and recalibrated on the R and the .2GT3, so will assume next RS will be a lot better.
Agreed. Hopeful RWS will be toned down in next RS.

Originally Posted by Kobalt
+1

Did a week in my old 997.1 GT3 with the Carrera GT seats.

When getting back to the RS i realized how good the seats in the old car are.
I really must strap me in hard with the 6-pt for it to be OK.
Originally Posted by Mika911
Funny, agree the 991RS seat are too wide, but the seats in my 997.1GT3 really don't fit me, pressing into my shoulder blades. The recaros in the 996RS were the best I've ever had. And that's my only gripe with the RS really. Would have preferred Nomex seat that fit like a glove.
Originally Posted by EST
I think that the Carrera GT seats are one of the best factory seats ever.
CGT/997.1 Club Sport seats best seats Porsche (Recaro) has ever produced for track driving.

It's time for Porsche to start offering different seat sizes a la Ferrari given the price point their moving the cars into.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:33 AM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Indeed. They're fully Americanized but thankfully not yet full Wal Mart spec....

Agreed. Hopeful RWS will be toned down in next RS.

CGT/997.1 Club Sport seats best seats Porsche (Recaro) has ever produced for track driving.

It's time for Porsche to start offering different seat sizes a la Ferrari given the price point their moving the cars into.
Somehow I remember then in the beginning 918 configuration was online (in Europe), there was "the option" to choose the narrower seat?
Possible I'm totally wrong about it!
Old 07-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Cgt seats came in 2 sizes
Old 07-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EST
Somehow I remember then in the beginning 918 configuration was online (in Europe), there was "the option" to choose the narrower seat?
Possible I'm totally wrong about it!
You could between softer and firmer padding material, but seat size was the same. Could choose differently for driver and passenger side.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
They had to make seats to fit TrakCar!
True, but to be fair: Trakcar needs low seats and head room more then wide seat cushions.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:55 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

You could between softer and firmer padding material, but seat size was the same. Could choose differently for driver and passenger side.
Ok Thx!
At least I wasn't totally wrong as I remembered that some option was with these seats.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Car is a little too Big and they can come up with a better integrated Wing- But i guess than it would be a GT3.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:27 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

The times I drove the RS hard on track, It felt like RWS wasn't working quickly enough (at the limits) to keep up with what you wanted the car to do. Don't think it was as loose as it felt though, it just took a bit of getting used to, and will be a lot better next time I'm sure. I still like RWS, for what it does to turn in and agility.
(Don't really see it as a driver aid, it just makes the car work better).
I hope so. In some corners it felt like it was whipping the car around and causing a bite in the front that was unpredictable and unnerving.
Will see how the 991.2 is once it arrives. I'm on the long list so Wont have for a while.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:40 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer

Not just an issue of BMI, also body build. Former linebacker here with broad shoulders, I'm much more comfortable in 991 GT seats than 997 GT seats.

Agree at Porsche's current price points it's time to start offering different seat sizes for their cars with base price over 100K.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:57 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

You only want the carbon because it's more expensive. Plastic is probably lighter for trim pieces. Not as strong but that doesn't matter. Plus it's cheaper to replace and doesn't make you look like a modder. Regarding carbon wrapping - anyone that adds something to make something look lighter is dumb. Plus it's obviously fake from a mile off and looks like cheap sh*t.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:46 AM
boccarp
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on...this looks great. I'm not going to vinyl wrap the parts that i can't replace. I will pull them off and put a carbon weave over the top and then clear coat. It looks great. does not look like vinyl wrap rather a wicked nice finished factory piece. yea all the pieces will be maybe 5 lbs heavier in the long run. I'm pretty sure 5 lbs will not wreck the cars performance. I can take off my belt and wear driving shoes to make up the difference...lol.

Quick Reply: what is not right with the GT3RS