Sponsored by:

GT3-- MSRP vs MSRP+ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 11:09 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
That dog wouldn't hunt go back and ask for a better deal.
Agree completely. That's a horrible deal. But some of these stealers are pretty good spin doctors.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:04 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Agree completely. That's a horrible deal. But some of these stealers are pretty good spin doctors.
Question
What is a "fair" deal for a PTS allocation ?

No prior business with this P car dealer
Getting 8% tax credit back
I'm always trying to learn, so please educate me on
What you say is a "horrible" deal.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:04 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Will this be the model that makes PTS the worst value for the first time? By the time you actually receive the PTS car, the 3.2 will have been out about a year and should be selling at MSRP. Now that PTS is $10k and they keep doing more and more, will a PTS be valued as super special like they are today. I think not.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
Will this be the model that makes PTS the worst value for the first time? By the time you actually receive the PTS car, the 3.2 will have been out about a year and should be selling at MSRP. Now that PTS is $10k and they keep doing more and more, will a PTS be valued as super special like they are today. I think not.
The question is, is the $9.3k PTS charge worth it at MSRP? That is, would you pay MSRP for a PTS optioned car?
Old 07-29-2017, 05:08 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by 0to60
Question
What is a "fair" deal for a PTS allocation ?

No prior business with this P car dealer
Getting 8% tax credit back
I'm always trying to learn, so please educate me on
What you say is a "horrible" deal.
Others can chime in here as I'm obviously not the only one who thinks you got a bad deal, but I would think that for a rare PTS GT3, of which only 10 exist, you would've been able to get MSRP or at most 5% below. But whatever the number is, 1/5 off is way too much. You should take Maverick's advice and ask for something more reasonable. Hope this helps!
Old 07-29-2017, 05:15 PM
CHADW
Racer

Originally Posted by Mech33
The question is, is the $9.3k PTS charge worth it at MSRP? That is, would you pay MSRP for a PTS optioned car?
I guess the question is will a PTS car that is seriously delayed and keeps getting less rare be worth more than 10 grand more than a standard color. Probably not much if at all.

I for one one passed on PTS so I could get my hands on it sooner. I admit value didn't enter into the equation on this car but for many it does. I think the PTS excitement will diminish on this model for the reasons above and will get back to being checked only for those that want what they want, not what others want. And I think that is great!
Old 07-29-2017, 05:31 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Others can chime in here as I'm obviously not the only one who thinks you got a bad deal, but I would think that for a rare PTS GT3, of which only 10 exist, you would've been able to get MSRP or at most 5% below. But whatever the number is, 1/5 off is way too much. You should take Maverick's advice and ask for something more reasonable. Hope this helps!
When you factor the 8% tax savings, the deal in reality is 12% under MSRP on my trade to procure a PTS allocation at MSRP. The rare PTS ( Arena red ) while a great color, does not have the demand as the less rare PTS colors, Mexico or Rivera. Now when you say 1/5 off that's not the complete deal. I don't know what the future values will be on a .1GT3 , as I got out of my car already, No
tire kickers, just a contract right away with the ability to spec my GT3 in the color I desire.
With the numbers I got along with the sales tax savings
What do you/others feel the bottom line ADM is ?
My calculations indicate a 10k premium
If you or anyone can give a bottom line ADM with my numbers it would be appreciated.
As far as future PTS values, don't care as I spec the GT3 for myself and not the next buyer. All in all I believe 5-10% of all allocations are PTS, maybe others can chime in.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:08 PM
pimpinon
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Will be paying MSRP for 991.2, and negotiated $5K over for a PTS, although this will be a '19. Missed out on '18 slot, but was going to pay $10K over. California dealer with a good prior purchase history.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:36 PM
CHADW
Racer

Originally Posted by pimpinon
Will be paying MSRP for 991.2, and negotiated $5K over for a PTS, although this will be a '19. Missed out on '18 slot, but was going to pay $10K over. California dealer with a good prior purchase history.
Are you saying you got an MSRP allocation but they are charging you $5000 to order the PTS option?
Old 07-29-2017, 09:41 PM
pimpinon
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
Are you saying you got an MSRP allocation but they are charging you $5000 to order the PTS option?
Yes, as explained to me, not all allocations are the same. If I can order a PTS car, I am happy to pay $5K over. For example, all early orders for the '18 was non PTS. The PTS order will depend if the "19 MY has new offerings for colors as Porsche on occasion adds new colors mid production. A green color offering for '19 would be certainly considered.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:00 PM
C-gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche Dealerships has lost me as a customer.
i have two local dealers, and I never liked em.
i'd rather buy second hand and that doesnt bother me, i always get better deals, INSANE deals second hand.
unless i get an offer for a 991.2 Manuel MSRP im not interested
so please, you flippers, order a stripper in Orange or Green with just a leather dash.
also a healthy market correction will fix this.
im a patient man

Last edited by C-gt3; 07-30-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:16 PM
C-gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's been said before, build two versions!
one for cars n coffee/CovFeFe
and one for the track to be driven .
build cars for the track and if guys want to add options for the track car, let them pay for it!
i dont want Cup Car Expense for a weekend warrior track car. i dont want to pay a grand an hour every 40!
i also dont want pdk, i want choices...
but i do want a 991.2 car built for the track straight from the factory, you want manual or pdk fine, but build a track day weekend car so the drivers can have one.
we will adjust the market price for these car accordingly with warranty after experience

Last edited by C-gt3; 07-29-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:32 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 109 Posts

Don't let the dealer pull YOUR tax credit into the deal. That is your money and they should not get to bring that into the deal. If my memory serves me right they make at least $20k on an MSRP car. They are trying to do that on your trade in as well. I believe most dealers regardless of brand contact other dealers/wholesalers and know bottom line what they can get for your car before the deal is done. Some may want to keep your car but they have a firm offer if they couldn't sell it. I would guess as the new models come in they are even less sure of where the market will go which makes them very conservative on cars they acquire and time is not your friend.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:40 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by white6speed
Don't let the dealer pull YOUR tax credit into the deal. That is your money and they should not get to bring that into the deal.
Exactly, one of the oldest sales tricks in the book. Hence my comment about some dealers being good spin doctors. But at the end of the day, if the buyer can rationalize it and feel good about the deal he got, that's all that matters.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:11 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

How does one obtain a PTS allocation at MSRP with out a trade ?
How does one obtain an allocation for PTS with a trade vehicle ?
If a buyer remains patient and holds out for an MSRP PTS allocation, it will happen ?
Unless one is a VIP an ADM will be paid or trade value will be reduced
Selling a 150k plus car privately is a gamble not worth taking considering tax credit and immediate sale.
I'm really curious what sellers are getting NOW on the private sale to sale transactions and how much of a hit the 991.1 takes as soon as the .2 start showing up.

Quick Reply: GT3-- MSRP vs MSRP+ADM