Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 09:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
If you can get waaaayyy up North to do Mosport ( a MUST), then keep going east to Calabogie, then Mt. Tremblant (Lance Stroll's dad owns this track and has a crazy Ferrari collection stored at the track) ....both worth it!
Been to all of them. Love Mt Tremblant and Mosport is in my top 5!
I would love to go again!
Old 07-25-2017, 09:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=85Gold;14349948]NCM and Palmer are both worth the trip for sure. Pittrace if you are in the area but I wouldn't go out of my way.

Peter[/QUOTE
NCM I did, forgot was OK.
Palmer I'll keep in mind, thanks!

Join me at a couple tracks?
Old 07-25-2017, 10:32 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach5gsxr
Nice, I may try for October unless it's late August.
early October and mid-August (August is combined PCA-BMW event)
Old 07-25-2017, 11:29 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

[QUOTE=TRAKCAR;14349984]
Originally Posted by 85Gold
NCM and Palmer are both worth the trip for sure. Pittrace if you are in the area but I wouldn't go out of my way.

Peter[/QUOTE
NCM I did, forgot was OK.
Palmer I'll keep in mind, thanks!

Join me at a couple tracks?
Let me know when. I should be caught up with getting my new tenants up and running by this fall. After that it will be more play time available. I do know I am doing RA with Chin after thanksgiving for sure.

Peter
Old 07-25-2017, 11:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Ship a street legal car to CA for Sept / Oct?
Track and canyon runs? Inner someone to bail me out...
Old 07-26-2017, 12:05 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Im back up there August and October with Niagara PCA --good group of guys if you can make it back up

although I will probably drive the GT3 in one of the events
see you at WGI in Oct. I usually run with Niagara in May & Oct.

Was just at the Glen last weekend with Riesentoter. Great time!

I'd say Pittrace is worthy for the full 2.8 mile circuit. The entire track (both halves) was just resurfaced and the owners continue to pour money into upgrading facilities.

Good garages (not a lot of them, but they are nice, good bathrooms, nice classroom, good banquet room.

A new building is underway with timing/scoring tower, media center, large classroom, meeting space. It'll be ready for the club race in October.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:19 AM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

I was there with Chin a few weeks ago for the first time back after 17 years. My car is totally stock on Cup2 with 8 track days on them. I was having fun, pacing a friend in a 993 race car on slicks and not going for a fastest time, so there is more time to be shaved. Videos posted on you tube.
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2017, 02:55 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

[QUOTE=85Gold;14350221]
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Let me know when. I should be caught up with getting my new tenants up and running by this fall. After that it will be more play time available. I do know I am doing RA with Chin after thanksgiving for sure.

Peter
Car you guys up to going to COTA on Nov 17-19?
Old 07-26-2017, 09:15 AM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

If you are interested in setting a goal for lap times you can use PCA racing time times at many tracks. Use class K which I believe is a stock class for GT3s. (Someone more knowledgeable can correct me.) They are allowed to remove some interior weight, so it is not perfect fit to a stock street car, but close. Here is the WGI list of fastest drivers in a GT3. The pull downs allow you to pick tracks, classes, drivers. Check PCA Comp rules to figure out what class a car fits.

http://www.rennpoints.com/classrecor...ion=0&detail=2

It's what I use to remind myself why I don't go racing.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:28 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

NASA Nationals at Sebring in Oct and Hurricane season keep me close to home in Sept/Oct.

Martin,

Would love to do COTA again but probably won't be until next year.

Peter
Old 07-26-2017, 01:51 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
see you at WGI in Oct. I usually run with Niagara in May & Oct.

Was just at the Glen last weekend with Riesentoter. Great time!

I'd say Pittrace is worthy for the full 2.8 mile circuit. The entire track (both halves) was just resurfaced and the owners continue to pour money into upgrading facilities.

Good garages (not a lot of them, but they are nice, good bathrooms, nice classroom, good banquet room.

A new building is underway with timing/scoring tower, media center, large classroom, meeting space. It'll be ready for the club race in October.
hey Carol, I was just down your way Friday at Pitt Race with NORPCA -- took my GT4 and managed 1:58 in 91 degree weather on stock tires

rained after second session in Saturday so I packed up trailer and headed home

was at the Glen with Trackmasters Wednesday single day only... see you at Niagara event in October 🍺
Are you bringing the GT4 or RS???

kevin
Old 07-26-2017, 07:52 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by CDinSing
If you are interested in setting a goal for lap times you can use PCA racing time times at many tracks. Use class K which I believe is a stock class for GT3s. (Someone more knowledgeable can correct me.) They are allowed to remove some interior weight, so it is not perfect fit to a stock street car, but close. Here is the WGI list of fastest drivers in a GT3. The pull downs allow you to pick tracks, classes, drivers. Check PCA Comp rules to figure out what class a car fits.

Sorry, you've got my BS meter going off. If some of the best times at the Glen in a GT3 is an approx. avg, of 2.06 and a bone stock GT4, with stock tires is running a 2.05 then maybe we have found the Stig! I know I was told a few months ago at Sebring, while talking with the driver, and looking at the GT4 in question, that the best time for a lightly modified GT4 was right at about 2.20, which is just about the very best time for a well driven box stock, tires included, GT3, then this guy should turn pro. With all due respect something doesn't add up.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Mach5gsxr
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CDinSing

Thanks

Nice, I'm confident I can be in the low 2s. First time with the car ran a 2:15 in the rain and a 2:09 damp. Like a dope I had my tire pressure at 29/33 cold. Trying 24/28 next time.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Mach5gsxr
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KBS911
Sorry, you've got my BS meter going off. If some of the best times at the Glen in a GT3 is an approx. avg, of 2.06 and a bone stock GT4, with stock tires is running a 2.05 then maybe we have found the Stig! I know I was told a few months ago at Sebring, while talking with the driver, and looking at the GT4 in question, that the best time for a lightly modified GT4 was right at about 2.20, which is just about the very best time for a well driven box stock, tires included, GT3, then this guy should turn pro. With all due respect something doesn't add up.

I decided to keep quiet on the BS claims, don't feel like arguing. When you actually run into them at the track listening to the excuses is much more entertaining.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:11 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KBS911
I'll assume this is aimed at me?
I don't know what to tell you except that's what harry's told me...consistently.
It is the same timer I use for the GT3, so the app isn't the problem.
BTW the 2:05 was in my GT3 wth R7's NOT the GT4...yes I own both and alternate them. 2:20 at the Glen is a joke, frankly.
I can guarantee you there are a lot of guys running sub 2:10 laps at the Glen in GT4's with stock tires or RE-71's and just an alignment.
You choose to believe what you want.

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen