just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 05:53 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
raj,

J9277655 is here with me and few other guys to do jensies gran fondo tmo. it should be fun.
Ah man, if only I could join you guys. Sounds like so much fun. Please share your numbers when possible.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:46 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,833 Likes on 2,390 Posts

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

J9277655 will post soon i am sure. it was a very nice day of riding.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:07 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

J9277655 will post soon i am sure. it was a very nice day of riding.
That’s some amazing numbers. Please tell me you guys did do over 100 miles. The graph shows almost

Great job. Great time!!
Old 10-08-2017, 11:23 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

the morning after....

time for a morning cruise.....
Old 10-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,900 Likes on 978 Posts

the morning after....

time for a morning cruise.....
nice ride. wish we had your weather and roads....but not your taxes and house prices....
Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

nizer: well good weather and roads cost money ugh.....

raj, i think jensies was not planned as well as levi's. it is just short of 100 miles. why they didn't add 3 miles more to it is beyond me. even just let us ride 3 miles in the parking lot so one can brag about "century"
Old 10-08-2017, 09:29 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

nizer: well good weather and roads cost money ugh.....

raj, i think jensies was not planned as well as levi's. it is just short of 100 miles. why they didn't add 3 miles more to it is beyond me. even just let us ride 3 miles in the parking lot so one can brag about "century"
Old 10-08-2017, 10:15 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish I was 30 years younger.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:17 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

So friends, I am in the market for a power meter next.

Rode my new R5 on saturday for the 1st time. Great fit out of the box (well the shop measured my previous bike, lol). Had some minor teething issues with front derailleur that required adjustment of upper and lower limit screw (Di2) and then all was well. Never used a Rotor crank before but was quite impressed by it.

So the next mod, power meter. Based on everything I have heard, it can be valuable info to train as well as to pace yourself. That could be my next step in getting myself stronger for next year.

So far it looks like both Quarq DZero Carbon and Rotor 2INpower are two of my options. Also, eagerly awaiting on the Shimano DA-P crank with some reviews.

Suggestions?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:36 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

raj

pm spg993. he IS power meter!
wealth of knowledge

morning drive on pch

dinner

after dinner
Old 10-08-2017, 11:57 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RajDatta
So friends, I am in the market for a power meter next.

Rode my new R5 on saturday for the 1st time. Great fit out of the box (well the shop measured my previous bike, lol). Had some minor teething issues with front derailleur that required adjustment of upper and lower limit screw (Di2) and then all was well. Never used a Rotor crank before but was quite impressed by it.

So the next mod, power meter. Based on everything I have heard, it can be valuable info to train as well as to pace yourself. That could be my next step in getting myself stronger for next year.

So far it looks like both Quarq DZero Carbon and Rotor 2INpower are two of my options. Also, eagerly awaiting on the Shimano DA-P crank with some reviews.

Suggestions?
SRM if crank based. Powertap makes nice hub based units. I've had a few Quarq units. Great customer service but they break all the time. You can get plenty fast without one.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:35 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
SRM if crank based. Powertap makes nice hub based units. I've had a few Quarq units. Great customer service but they break all the time. You can get plenty fast without one.
Agreed. SRM is flawless, works through all weather, and as importantly you can easily calibrate it every few months when seasons change to ensure its 100% accurate. ive run SRMs for better part of 10+ years and they just work, no drama, no headaches, put them on an go. Powertap is a mess, in my opinion. never seal right, impossible to calibrate slopes though daily offset is easy.
quarq is a good unit but again, can be problematic. these other units are nice in that they let you change batteries yourself. SRM, every 2, 3 years you have to ship it off to SRM for $100 for a bettery, seal, service, firmupdating. which is a 1 week thing. SRMs used to be like 3500 for the power meter/crank alone. even then they used to sell out all the time. now they lowered price to address all these new meters like Pioneer, powertap, quarq, Look has a pedal based unit.... at current price, would be my only choice.

in 2 years shimano will have perfected their unit. so far, its a dud from whati hear. not even out publicly.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:47 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spg993tt
Agreed. SRM is flawless, works through all weather, and as importantly you can easily calibrate it every few months when seasons change to ensure its 100% accurate. ive run SRMs for better part of 10+ years and they just work, no drama, no headaches, put them on an go. Powertap is a mess, in my opinion. never seal right, impossible to calibrate slopes though daily offset is easy.
quarq is a good unit but again, can be problematic. these other units are nice in that they let you change batteries yourself. SRM, every 2, 3 years you have to ship it off to SRM for $100 for a bettery, seal, service, firmupdating. which is a 1 week thing. SRMs used to be like 3500 for the power meter/crank alone. even then they used to sell out all the time. now they lowered price to address all these new meters like Pioneer, powertap, quarq, Look has a pedal based unit.... at current price, would be my only choice.

in 2 years shimano will have perfected their unit. so far, its a dud from whati hear. not even out publicly.
Thanks for your in-depth insight on the subject. I will check into SRM.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:22 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

the wheel axle based one failed in all my friends’ bukes

stages i heard good
4iiii also
heaed good
things

i have two identical bikes. i mean identical other than decals. one has quarq now. i’ll our srm on the other and see which i destroy first. if something can break, i will break it. NO ONE is better than me at breaking things. u will be AMAZED.....

that hat said i got another cold.... can’t do much. and kids are off from
columbus day wide is not working today..... hahahaha

max loading cleaned towels to truck. 400 towels total that’s why wife won’t let me use her miele machine at home

wife is no good at helping so my 8YO has to show her how to hang dry towels. u think they teach that in med school....

now fold the towels and please line them up right

work faster , max. today u earn one bottle if mexican coke. it’s rare.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

You're last posts ^^^ are cracking me up mooty... good stuff!!

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches