Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which color would you order for your .2 GT3?
Black
2.96%
White
8.88%
Guards Red
8.00%
Racing Yellow
2.85%
Carrara White Metallic
3.29%
Jet Black Metallic
1.54%
Graphite Blue Metallic
6.14%
Rhodium Silver
1.54%
Sapphire Blue Metallic
5.26%
Agate Grey Metallic
3.40%
GT Silver Metallic
11.51%
Carmine Red
5.48%
Chalk / Crayon
12.28%
Lava Orange
2.63%
Miami Blue
10.64%
PTS, or take this allocation and shove it!
13.60%
Voters: 912. You may not vote on this poll

.2 GT3 COLOR POLL

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Here are some various color Porsche GT car pics that I shot Friday-Saturday this weekend all on same camera and edited myself today, for comparison. Enjoy....

RS Green

White with light blue graphics and wheels.

Agate Grey with matte (XPEL Stealth) film applied

Black with yellow graphics (when clean)

(I think) Sport Classic Grey (or maybe Fashion Gray, I'm honestly not certain) on a 911 R with what appear to be Signal Orange stripes and a deviating grey stripe. Also custom painted brake calipers to match. Satin Aluminum wheels.

GT Silver plain

GT Silver with Martini and darker headlights (would be equiv. to PDLS, not LED, headlight option on 991.2 GT3)

Sapphire blue

Lava Orange

Ultraviolet
Old 04-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Some analysis based on experience this weekend at Smokies GT on color choices:

1. White is boring and too common unless complimented with unique color graphics, wheels, etc.

2. GT Silver plain without graphics can look great when clean and in the right light. But most of the time, it just looks like one of many silver cars. I probably wouldn't repeat GT Silver unless in combination with graphics like I have now (Martini). I saw another GT Silver GT3 at Smokies that had black PORSCHE script side graphics (911 R style), and it didn't do much more me either. Maybe if it had bright silver wheels instead of black ones?

3. As much as I like Sapphire Blue on a GT4, it just doesn't seem to work as well on a GT3.

4. Lava Orange looks great on a RS with black accents and black graphics (especially PORSCHE black logo on the wing), but in certain light, it looks a bit washed out. I don't think it would look as good on GT3 as it does on RS.

5. Racing Yellow, just can't get excited about it. A bit washed out of a yellow. Liked Speed Yellow (or Signal) better. A lot of people spice it up with black graphics.

6. Plain Black (when clean) looks fantastic, especially with subtle color graphics (stripes) like on the black GT4 with thin yellow stripes I photographed above. I'm seriously thinking to get black GT3 with either red, or better yet, acid green deviated stitching. and PORSCHE side script.

7. Ultraviolet is just so beautiful in person, especially with the bright Satin Aluminum wheels and in combination with the yellow PCCB calipers. Would be very tempted to try that on a GT3 if I get PTS. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of any GT3 in that color besides an RS.

8. Greens are striking and rare. The RS Green one above was the sole green car out of 75 GT cars. Would love to have the guts to go with a bright green like Gelbrun ("Yellow Green") if I get PTS, but would probably end up with a darker green like British.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Some analysis based on experience this weekend at Smokies GT on color choices:

1. White is boring and too common unless complimented with unique color graphics, wheels, etc.
+1

2. GT Silver plain without graphics can look great when clean and in the right light. But most of the time, it just looks like one of many silver cars. I probably wouldn't repeat GT Silver unless in combination with graphics like I have now (Martini). I saw another GT Silver GT3 at Smokies that had black PORSCHE script side graphics (911 R style), and it didn't do much more me either. Maybe if it had bright silver wheels instead of black ones?

3. As much as I like Sapphire Blue on a GT4, it just doesn't seem to work as well on a GT3.
I think it looks great! ... eye of the beholder

4. Lava Orange looks great on a RS with black accents and black graphics (especially PORSCHE black logo on the wing), but in certain light, it looks a bit washed out. I don't think it would look as good on GT3 as it does on RS.
I agree - it turns "salmon" uke:

5. Racing Yellow, just can't get excited about it. A bit washed out of a yellow. Liked Speed Yellow (or Signal) better. A lot of people spice it up with black graphics.

6. Plain Black (when clean) looks fantastic, especially with subtle color graphics (stripes) like on the black GT4 with thin yellow stripes I photographed above. I'm seriously thinking to get black GT3 with either red, or better yet, acid green deviated stitching. and PORSCHE side script.

7. Ultraviolet is just so beautiful in person, especially with the bright Satin Aluminum wheels and in combination with the yellow PCCB calipers. Would be very tempted to try that on a GT3 if I get PTS. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of any GT3 in that color besides an RS.

8. Greens are striking and rare. The RS Green one above was the sole green car out of 75 GT cars. Would love to have the guts to go with a bright green like Gelbrun ("Yellow Green") if I get PTS, but would probably end up with a darker green like British.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-24-2017, 10:57 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great quality pics. Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Homsy94
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sapphire blue or aqua blue PTS? thoughts? Will the aqua blue hide the lines and vents of the car too much? I couldn't find any pics of a 991.1 gt3 in aqua (I think they only made one based on all the old posts that I looked through). Thanks in advance
Old 04-26-2017, 08:52 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Homsy94
Sapphire blue or aqua blue PTS? thoughts? Will the aqua blue hide the lines and vents of the car too much? I couldn't find any pics of a 991.1 gt3 in aqua (I think they only made one based on all the old posts that I looked through). Thanks in advance
havent seen aqua blue in person on a GT3, just in pics where it looks prettier than sapphire blue IMO.

Having said that, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, those blues just don't look as good on GT3 as on GT4, IMO.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:41 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

I used to have an Aqua Blue 981 Cayman S. Way better than Sapphire in my opinion. Tons of complements on the color.

These aren't the best pictures but they give you a good idea of the depth to Aqua Blue. It has a slight purple hue to it.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:47 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Someone explain to me again why the "special" paints like Chalk and Miami are $4,220.
too low?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:32 AM
Homsy94
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manitou202
I used to have an Aqua Blue 981 Cayman S. Way better than Sapphire in my opinion. Tons of complements on the color.

These aren't the best pictures but they give you a good idea of the depth to Aqua Blue. It has a slight purple hue to it.

I agree I think the aqua blue is a nicer color but the more I look at it the more I think that it hides the lines and all the vents of the car

now I'm torn between sapphire blue and gt silver although I do feel bad wasting the opportunity to get a PTS at MSRP but oh well
Old 04-28-2017, 10:28 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

I have a September GT3.2 allocation. I was at the Smokies event this last week in my GT Silver RS (what an awesome time!) and took advantage of all those beautiful cars to assess all these colors. All I can say is that now I am more confused then ever.

Chalk? looks great in pics, but quite similar to my current RS which I'm keeping. Seems silly to have 2 cars nearly the same color.

White? perhaps, always looks good. with PCCBs and yellow stitching would be cool.

Yellow? not my thing

GBM? everything looks great on a GT3, however on other 991s and 718s it has been pretty underwhelming

Lava? looked stunning on the RS's, really stands out.

Red? its free! matches the new wheel design with striping.

PTS? yeah right, there was just as much a chance that Jessica Simpson was naked and waiting for me in my Smokies hotel room.

So it seems like Red for me. Sorry about long post, just trying to think/type aloud to make my decision easier to digest. Good luck to everyone making these choices.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:13 AM
LSs1Power
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Im 80% set on chalk and the rest of the 20% on red.
Attached Images    
Old 04-29-2017, 08:49 PM
BCMgunner
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

The Drivetribe car looked great in GR.

Are we sure those rims were satin aluminum or could they have been the standard silver?

The color balance looked a little off in the video. The GR was a little more orange (than known for the color) and the calipers almost looked neon yellow.

Makes it hard to tell for sure.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:15 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

^Looks Satin Aluminum. The picture above every thing looks washed out
Old 04-30-2017, 09:42 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

Carmine Red seems nice too, decisions...

If I go with Guards Red then will make anything possible on the damn thing red as well. A complete Red Out!

If go with Carmine, will likely get PCCBs and yellow belts inside, maybe yellow stitching.

With a tentative September build at least I wont have to wait too long. Good luck to all.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Carmine Red seems nice too, decisions...

If I go with Guards Red then will make anything possible on the damn thing red as well. A complete Red Out!

If go with Carmine, will likely get PCCBs and yellow belts inside, maybe yellow stitching.

With a tentative September build at least I wont have to wait too long. Good luck to all.
I have a CR GT4 with PCCBs and Yellow stitching. I would say that is about the max. I went with the standard seat belts and very happy. I do not think yellow stitching will be available so go silver stitching and skip the additional dash board upgrade.- I spent too much time analyzing this

Quick Reply: .2 GT3 COLOR POLL