Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 09:20 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 737Drvr

Hi, the color is Vega Blue. It’s metallic in nature and changes color with light. A bit like Porsche’s Shapire Blue but a bit deeper perhaps. Great color for me anyway. The seats you see in my car are standard seats. They’re lifted from the P1 and a lot like the LWBs in Porsche GT cars. I think Senna Seats are cool but not worth the cost. I had a budget too. It’s a great car. Nice to have so many choices these days.
That color is gorgeous!!
Old 03-23-2019, 09:32 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Looks great - please let us know how much you love it as time rolls on. These cars are very interesting to me, and would love a test drive.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:58 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I still haven't warmed up as much as I'd like to their insanely futuristic designs (and don't want to beat the dead horse on the reputed reliability/depreciation), but I'm happy they are around and hope Mac does well. I see more Macs on the road now than I did 2-3 years ago when it was just the 12c and 650s for the accessible cars. I want more sports cars/competition in the market
Old 03-24-2019, 02:08 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by 737Drvr

Hi, the color is Vega Blue. It’s metallic in nature and changes color with light. A bit like Porsche’s Shapire Blue but a bit deeper perhaps. Great color for me anyway. The seats you see in my car are standard seats. They’re lifted from the P1 and a lot like the LWBs in Porsche GT cars. I think Senna Seats are cool but not worth the cost. I had a budget too. It’s a great car. Nice to have so many choices these days.
Senna seats are $6k - by far one of best values on option list...
Old 03-24-2019, 02:14 AM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG

Senna seats are $6k - by far one of best values on option list...
agreed.
I was given the option of having a delivery date of 3 months earlier but no Senna seats. Didn’t take the allocation, and am happy I waited.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:50 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by carrera911me
well i guess you can't make everyone happy.
If you have have to burn villiages across continents and then you are coming for their Keep before you can get them to do what they should have early on, no it doesn’t impress me.

Yes, I read here how this one and that one over there love their Mac but these horror stories predominate.

What makes that vid even more concerning to me is Mac should know their build reputation and reliability reputation is in the crapper which likely explain why their residual values implode (more so than any of the others, way more) yet they apparently had the hubris to allow this guy’s situation , who has a YouTube following to get to the point it did. What are others to think who don’t have such a following and are considering a Mac.? Their conduct was disgusting . Hurts the brand, their customers and dealers.. and this is the stuff people consider and remember not that there is a story here and there with one that worked right.

And if Mac is not aware of the general reputation of their cars that is equally if not more of a concern.

How they handled that situation is a turn off and more than concerning in light of their cars reputation which you would think they would be bending over backwards to their ankles to repair. I don’t car if their cars can fly or shoot flames in the air.

Yeah, not impressed.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:25 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,793 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

If you have have to burn villiages across continents and then you are coming for their Keep before you can get them to do what they should have early on, no it doesn’t impress me.

Yes, I read here how this one and that one over there love their Mac but these horror stories predominate.

What makes that vid even more concerning to me is Mac should know their build reputation and reliability reputation is in the crapper which likely explain why their residual values implode (more so than any of the others, way more) yet they apparently had the hubris to allow this guy’s situation , who has a YouTube following to get to the point it did. What are others to think who don’t have such a following and are considering a Mac.? Their conduct was disgusting . Hurts the brand, their customers and dealers.. and this is the stuff people consider and remember not that there is a story here and there with one that worked right.

And if Mac is not aware of the general reputation of their cars that is equally if not more of a concern.

How they handled that situation is a turn off and more than concerning in light of their cars reputation which you would think they would be bending over backwards to their ankles to repair. I don’t car if their cars can fly or shoot flames in the air.

Yeah, not impressed.
Do you know Nick Murray?

He could tell you a thing or two about Porsche reliability. Twice over.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:13 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

Do you know Nick Murray?

He could tell you a thing or two about Porsche reliability. Twice over.
Sure, Murray had his issues with his 911 but with Mac it seems like every other Mac owner is a “Nick Murray” ...oh, and PAG makes a lot more cars. A lot more.

There is the “exception” and then there is the “rule”.

Running Issues with Porsches keeping them in the shop more than on the road appear to be the exception as opposed to Mac were it appears to be the rule.

For a relatively new company trying the get into the expensive market they are vying for market share and with the poor reputation for reliability and resale their cars have their approach needed to be way different to the problem that chap had. Way different. They just compounded the problem with their cars’ reputation in my view..at least in my mind they did.

Last edited by Waxer; 03-24-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:48 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 89 Posts

Sure, Murray had his issues with his 911 but with Mac it seems like every other Mac owner is a “Nick Murray” ...oh, and PAG makes a lot more cars. A lot more.

Running Issues with Porsches keeping them in the shop more than on the road appear to be the exception as opposed to Mac were it appears to be the rule.

For a relatively new company trying the get into the expensive market they are vying for market share and with the poor reputation for reliability and resale their cars have their approach needed to be way different to the problem that chap had. Way different. They just compounded the problem with their cars’ reputation in my view..at least in my mind they did.

You should just stop with these types of postings...

37 Manufacturer Communications for 2018 PORSCHE 911 GT3

FILTER MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATIONS BY AFFECTED COMPONENTS

All (37)AIR BAGS (3)BACK OVER PREVENTION (2)ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (5)ENGINE (2)ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING (4)EQUIPMENT (7)EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE (1)FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE (3)POWER TRAIN (1)SERVICE BRAKES (1)SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC (1)STRUCTURE (5)SUSPENSION (1)VISIBILITY (3)WHEELS (5)

Old 03-24-2019, 12:52 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

^ I agree. Waxer I think God forbid if anything competes with any car you own, you will do whatever it takes to sing the praises of your personal purchase decision while questioning others'

Every manufacturer has its share problems (look at .1 GT3 lifter/engine *issues* - not here to look at manufacturer response for an individual), Porsche is not immune. As a whole are they more reliable and depreciate less than McLaren? Probably. But same goes for Honda / Toyota etc. All about perspective and what you choose to see
Old 03-24-2019, 01:06 PM
zmangt3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ignorant post for sure. You really should do some research. Maybe hangout on the mclaren forum for some real world feedback. Mclaren is on a roll and gaining steam fast. They are gaining market share at a rapid rate and taking customers from their competitors. I have so many friends with mclarens and no issues which is why I decided to leave porsche for McClaren

All manufacturers have troubles including porsche. McLaren is knocking it out of the park which why their sales are exploding. Are all these buyers just stupid? I doubt it.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:36 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

You are missing my point. The new Macs may be great cars. They seem to be. The reputation perceived or real as to quality and resale is poor. To allow that situation to fester doesn’t engender confidence.They need to step up to the plate quickly and resolve problems. That engenders confidence. That’s what Mac needs to do imho.

Also if you have read my posts I have been plenty critical of PAG. They are far from perfect.

If if you think Macs handling of that situation was spot on correct so be it. Not me.

Had they acted quickly and responsively and changed out the car with a smile it would have sent a much different message and made me smile and maybe start considering a Mac next time instead of make me shudder.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:48 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

You are missing my point. The new Macs may be great cars. They seem to be. The reputation perceived or real as to quality and resale is poor and resale as poor. To allow that situation to fester doesn’t engender confidence. That’s what Mac needs to do imho.

If if you think their handling of that situation was spot on correct so be it. Not me.

Had they acted quickly and responsively and changed out the car with a smile it would have sent a much different message.
how do you know they didn’t respond in a timely manner? Oh because some guy made a video on the internet. That must be it.

Ill echo others sentimebts. It’s obvious you don’t like the cars so why continue to post on this thread?
Old 03-24-2019, 01:57 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 139 Posts

My friend just lemoned his 2018 570s for electric problems. I liked the car and would buy one IF
they offered a CPO program like Porsche.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:58 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

how do you know they didn’t respond in a timely manner? Oh because some guy made a video on the internet. That must be it.

Ill echo others sentimebts. It’s obvious you don’t like the cars so why continue to post on this thread?
You want me to conclude his saga was a lye? Maybe Murray’s saga was fiction too? I doubt either is fictional. If you have evidence to the contrary let’s hear it.

To to the contrary I love Macs. I would love to see their products sell and compete. Competition is good for the consumer. Would love to see Mac resale values improve and stories like the one in the vid fade away and become the perceived exception. Macs handling of that situation was not a step the right direction imho.

Quick Reply: McLaren Success