Sponsored by:

garage car lifts

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 12:23 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 465 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
By the way, I have two of these BendPak Autostacker lifts. I like the concept and am excited to see them get unpacked. My real-time item is here (http://bit.ly/2NxLgt3) in case you want to see everything else. http://bit.ly/2NxLgt3

Nice setup! Any issues parking forward like your X1 is parked?
Seems most pics and videos have the cars backing onto the lift, I wasn't sure if there was a reason for this?
Thanks!!
Old 10-07-2019, 12:28 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Tried to buy a Challenger lift, but their distribution system is FUBAR. Contacted Challenger, and must've been directed to 3-4 parties (unclear, but seemed like manufacturer > sales rep > distributor > perhaps another other distributor? > installer) without clear introduction or explanation as to the hand-off's and who's who, except that it became clear that each had their hand out and the cost got absurd as a result. Nothing like watching a company ****** defeat from the jaws of victory...!

Not sure where to go from here...

Last edited by PorscheStrong; 10-07-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:16 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
Tried to buy a Challenger lift, but their distribution system is FUBAR. Contacted Challenger, and must've been directed to 3-4 parties (unclear, but seemed like manufacturer > sales rep > distributor > perhaps another other distributor? > installer) without clear introduction or explanation as to the hand-off's and who's who, except that it became clear that each had their hand out and the cost got absurd as a result. Nothing like watching a company ****** defeat from the jaws of victory...!

PM Corino and find a recommended local installer through Bendpak's website.
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Cajun Martyni
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Corino
If anyone is looking for a storage lift please pm me. I own several napa stores and can get you a great price drop shipped anywhere in the USA!
Corino. If your offer still stands I’d really appreciate your help with getting a storage lift. I’m currently building a house in Florida, completion expected in January, 2020. I’ll be putting a 1973 MGB on top so I’ll obviously need drip protection to protect my 991 below. Thanks
Old 10-07-2019, 09:05 AM
Porsches
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by siete-speed
Nice setup! Any issues parking forward like your X1 is parked?
Seems most pics and videos have the cars backing onto the lift, I wasn't sure if there was a reason for this?
Thanks!!
I decided to put them 3.5ft from the back wall and store tires behind them, so I back in as there is less overhang. They work great right now. I’ll post a video next week and link to all the details of putting them together. I hired two guys who have built lifts before - but who had never seen the autostacker. They loved them. BTW instructions could have been better.
The following users liked this post:
hdavidson (10-08-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 09:26 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajun Martyni
Corino. If your offer still stands I’d really appreciate your help with getting a storage lift. I’m currently building a house in Florida, completion expected in January, 2020. I’ll be putting a 1973 MGB on top so I’ll obviously need drip protection to protect my 991 below. Thanks
Says to PM him
Old 10-07-2019, 09:56 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

If you go with a single post lift three things:

1. Do not buy a Chinese made unit that is cheaper. They bind
2. Have them make the side safety rail only 1" tall vs. 2". You can damage a rim if you come in contact with it and its easy to do. I had this happen on a GTS a few years back. 1" will be lower than the tire side wall.
3. The company that made mine had a lighter weight one and one that would easily support a Suburban. Don't skimp. Get the heavy duty one.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Bford100
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Pretty sure most are "Made in China". Bendpak (Made in China, assembled in USA) is what I went with and have no issues at all, great customer support and installation. Tight fit, but it works great. Wife's Cayenne goes under the open bay.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bford100
Pretty sure most are "Made in China". Bendpak (Made in China, assembled in USA) is what I went with and have no issues at all, great customer support and installation. Tight fit, but it works great. Wife's Cayenne goes under the open bay.

Assembled by me - not the USA. It comes in 6 boxes and is banged up, dented and scratched.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:57 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

My lift gets installed this weekend....can’t wait

took a year of research, and six months to build
Old 10-07-2019, 11:28 PM
Cajun Martyni
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Says to PM him
I see that. Thanks. I didn’t get a PM option.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:25 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 465 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
I decided to put them 3.5ft from the back wall and store tires behind them, so I back in as there is less overhang. They work great right now. I’ll post a video next week and link to all the details of putting them together. I hired two guys who have built lifts before - but who had never seen the autostacker. They loved them. BTW instructions could have been better.
Good to hear. I have an HD-7 4post.... I have considered going to an Autostacker due to smaller footprint. But, I need to pull forward to park, my driveway is sloped and it is a really tight fit to back onto my lift, so forward parking is the better option for my garage. Assuming that is no problem with the Autostacker?
Old 10-08-2019, 07:22 AM
MBR993
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

I bought my challenger lift from a local installer. They ordered and installed it and did a great job for a very reasonable price (same as the price minus shipping that the online distributors listed). I got the name of the installer from the challenger southeast rep, jeff snyder. His number is (770) 490-8415. PM me for more info if needed
Old 10-08-2019, 07:29 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by siete-speed
Good to hear. I have an HD-7 4post.... I have considered going to an Autostacker due to smaller footprint. But, I need to pull forward to park, my driveway is sloped and it is a really tight fit to back onto my lift, so forward parking is the better option for my garage. Assuming that is no problem with the Autostacker?
I have an Autostacker. You can pull forward or backward on to the lift. You need to make sure you have clearance b/w the lift and the wall because you absolutely want to be able to get the wheels (in your case the fronts) in to the trough. The car will overhang a good bit off the end of the lift. If you're looking for simplicity and leak protection for the car below, the AS is very good (and pricey).
The following users liked this post:
seis-speed (10-15-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Niez66
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Look into the brand “Quality”

They have a 4 post lift and it’s a branded version of the exact same Challenger lift. I have one and love it.

Quick Reply: garage car lifts