991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 03:33 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by higx
I asked about putting a deposit down on one at Tysons and they pretty much laughed. They didn't even want to talk about it claiming the 918 owners will scoop them all up and that it's not even worth it. I want to put a deposit down unless it's a fools errand. Any advice?
If the GT2/RS is a limited edition with a plaque that says 1/600 or something, then the 918 guys will snap them up. Otherwise if the production is only limited by a small production timeframe, I think you have a fair shot of getting one if you put an early deposit down (find another dealer who will take one). I think the VIP program only applies to the limited edition models (with a plaque).
Old 07-18-2016, 05:11 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by higx
I asked about putting a deposit down on one at Tysons and they pretty much laughed. They didn't even want to talk about it claiming the 918 owners will scoop them all up and that it's not even worth it. I want to put a deposit down unless it's a fools errand. Any advice?
They don't want to talk about 918 owners because they never sold any 918's. They probably won't ever see a 911r unless its their for service. I'm on that list, who knows if I'll ever get the car. They didn't get many gt3rs's....
Old 07-18-2016, 05:54 PM
slm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
If the GT2/RS is a limited edition with a plaque that says 1/600 or something, then the 918 guys will snap them up. Otherwise if the production is only limited by a small production timeframe, I think you have a fair shot of getting one if you put an early deposit down (find another dealer who will take one). I think the VIP program only applies to the limited edition models (with a plaque).
Not so sure. I talked with my sales associate about where things stood on the GT2/RS last week. I have been on their list for a GT2RS for over a year. Athough only one person highter on the list who is an out of state buyer with without much history (I have peruchased quite a few cars from them), he doubts I will get an allocation. He said the 918 owners will get first dibs on them and he is pretty sure their 918 owers will take them. Will wait and see.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Does anyone else think believing some spot on a list matters is like believing in the tooth fairy? My experience is that the list is built after car is release based on rank of best customers, after the 918 guys. And if some dude that has never been on the list for a gt2rs, that happened to buy 2 cars/yr for 10 yrs decides he wants one in the middle of the cycle, that guy becomes #1 on the list right then.

Hell, there's a thread somewhere on RL where a dude gets offered an R unsolicited because he'd had his 918 and CGT in dealership for service recently (I think in UK). He wasn't even asking for one, let alone put on a list.

I don't want to be the jerk that tells everyone there's no tooth fairy, BUT......
Old 07-18-2016, 06:49 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Does anyone else think believing some spot on a list matters is like believing in the tooth fairy? My experience is that the list is built after car is release based on rank of best customers, after the 918 guys. And if some dude that has never been on the list for a gt2rs, that happened to buy 2 cars/yr for 10 yrs decides he wants one in the middle of the cycle, that guy becomes #1 on the list right then. Hell, there's a thread somewhere on RL where a dude gets offered an R unsolicited because he'd had his 918 and CGT in dealership for service recently (I think in UK). He wasn't even asking for one, let alone put on a list. I don't want to be the jerk that tells everyone there's no tooth fairy, BUT......
to put it a different way

Guys that know where they stand don't worry about lists.
Guys that don't, are hoping and praying that there is such a list.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:58 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

The "lists" are very dealer-dependent. Some honor the lists and the process is very transparent, and others don't (to put it mildly)...
Old 07-18-2016, 07:07 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
How much power can the PDK handle? I'm just thinking back to when the originall PDK couldn't be used in the Turbo.
Unluckily PDK can handle all the Turbo S Torque and more for tolerance
that s why is an useless heavy object in a GT3...
the same is true for all the manuals (R and 991 baseline) which we know are derived from the PDK

the cure will come soon from Ricardo
Old 07-18-2016, 07:26 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Does anyone else think believing some spot on a list matters is like believing in the tooth fairy? My experience is that the list is built after car is release based on rank of best customers, after the 918 guys. And if some dude that has never been on the list for a gt2rs, that happened to buy 2 cars/yr for 10 yrs decides he wants one in the middle of the cycle, that guy becomes #1 on the list right then.

Hell, there's a thread somewhere on RL where a dude gets offered an R unsolicited because he'd had his 918 and CGT in dealership for service recently (I think in UK). He wasn't even asking for one, let alone put on a list.

I don't want to be the jerk that tells everyone there's no tooth fairy, BUT......
Sonnen's list is based on deposit date of the CC transaction...and they sell at MSRP. Great dealer!
Old 07-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

^^^ wow, and in California, no less. I thought all dealers in California made the top of the list for "stealership" status.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:31 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Brett at Sonnen is a Rennlist sponsor, and a die hard Porsche enthusiast.

Peter Sonnen himself is awesome, as well. When you run an honest business, you end up with honestly loyal clients.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:53 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern

Peter Sonnen himself is awesome, as well. When you run an honest business, you end up with honestly loyal clients.
They are a dying breed unfortunately. I'm hoping that the deposits that I have with 3 non-CA dealers will pan out for the next set of GT cars.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:53 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
They are a dying breed unfortunately. I'm hoping that the deposits that I have with 3 non-CA dealers will pan out for the next set of GT cars.
Indeed they are.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:57 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern

+1 for Sonnen. Always enjoyed dealing with them.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:15 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if repost, but someone explain this.. Quad exhaust in the middle?

Old 07-19-2016, 04:29 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Interesting. The quad center is too reminiscent of M3's / M4's for me. Granted, I'm a fan of M, but still, I prefer the dual angled outward side exhausts of the 997 GT2 / GT2 RS.

Also, the wing... If it ends up this way, I will miss the 997 variant with the air intakes.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS