Sponsored by:

This explains everything including why its taking so long on compensation

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by outline
So have they cheapened right out and are no longer using Pankl parts and design experience on their rods leaving them to learn years worth of knowledge over night with predictable results?
A new fastening arrangement? Seriously? Junked the cost savings led glue gun approach and gone back to bolts?

Fwiw, tolerances can take many forms. Assembly tolerance I suppose however casts the warmest glow when one retires of an evening.
Your sarcasm is duly noted. The following is the information I was referring to. It's from the e-mail that was sent out by PCNA to all affected owners last Monday:

"Analysis has revealed that in both cases the engine damage was caused by a loosened piston rod screw connection which damaged the crankcase. In order to avoid this in the future, an optimized screw connection is currently being tested. For the final validation of this solution, Porsche AG is currently carrying out extensive tests."

Feel free to make of that whatever you like.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:20 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
The **** to shine ratio is just as bad if not worse over there, and Christian's incessant posts about how awesomer his TTS is over the GT3 in a never ending, ginormous GT3 thread is ridiculous
I agree. That is why I rarely post there. But every now & then, there is something of interest posted elsewhere and it doesn't hurt to mention in our posts if another forum (Rennteam, 6Speed, Planet9, etc) is the source of that particular news. That's one of the reasons we have a better forum here at Rennlist with equally knowledgeable folks, a deeper back-bench and often very polite & considerate members. But what do I know...I am only an ex-nun moonlighting now in PR for PAG & PCNA!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-22-2014, 08:33 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, you admit it.

It's all good; just wish we had better info direct from the source rather than leaving folks hunting around for clues and stuff.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:48 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Everyone is just searching for answers.

Dating myself a bit but all of this reminds me of "Five Characters in Search of an Exit"

Wishful thinking but I think it would be marvelous if everyone that has already taken delivery of their cars to have the option of YOUR New GT3 motor to be delivered to your home as a spare. Then go ahead and drive your car you already have thousands of trouble free miles on and so be it. If the car burns just make sure have practiced your drivers seat exit plan and proceed to purchase a new 2015. Or if you track the hell out of it and the motor lets go you now have your spare waiting for you. You of course could sell the new motor to pay off Vegas gambling debts as well. Win win!

Not well thought out mind you. Just trying to keep the mood light.

Last edited by MarcusG; 03-24-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Quick Reply: This explains everything including why its taking so long on compensation