Port Emden entry

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Will do 0Q991 for sure.
Nick, you are the expert in this area. I think because of possible litigation we wont know all the details. They probably will just fix it an we are on our way. Couple more week is all and the fun begins
Got this off thee Pistonhead site posted yesterday. Hope it is accurate. BTW, Macca is chastising them as well.

1GTD said:
My OPC says the bolting issue is a simple change out of 2 small bolts for items that are a few mm's longer, presumably to ensure there are enough free threads after the nut to avoid it stripping when torqued.

When you consider the size and complexity of the supply chain required to support the build of a GT3 (most of the small and ancillary components will be outsourced), even with very stringent QA/ QC processes there is likely to be the odd batch that slip through. The recall doesn't necessarily mean there's been a failure, may have been picked up through a retrospective quality audit.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:09 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
LOL, not worried about cars. It's all fun. Yep I remember your case. Spring around the corner followed by summer with sticky tires and the road and the rest is for us to discover
Yep. The journey is half the fun, and usually more.. except with this case..

-- Holding out for spring. Really wanting to do Road America in the Spring. It's my fav track. My one dream to race a MC on it came true last summer with CCS. My next dream is to drive a GT3 on it. I just can't imagine.. (Been thinking thru Break Markers in Turn 5 ever since I saw Sebastien Bourdais do it in Champ car.. LOL.. Cant' wait to compare car vs. bike on that track. I hear you can break much later with cars.. LOL..

--Ok. let you get back to your car tracking project..

Last edited by LateBrake911; 02-15-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:07 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Got this off thee Pistonhead site posted yesterday. Hope it is accurate. BTW, Macca is chastising them as well.

1GTD said:
My OPC says the bolting issue is a simple change out of 2 small bolts for items that are a few mm's longer, presumably to ensure there are enough free threads after the nut to avoid it stripping when torqued.

When you consider the size and complexity of the supply chain required to support the build of a GT3 (most of the small and ancillary components will be outsourced), even with very stringent QA/ QC processes there is likely to be the odd batch that slip through. The recall doesn't necessarily mean there's been a failure, may have been picked up through a retrospective quality audit.
Makes sense Nick. A minor fix like PH guys mentioned is all we hope for but because of the incidents in Europe they are being extra careful which is a good thing. At least I didn't get bored waiting for my car. There was always somthing
Old 02-15-2014, 10:13 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Yep. The journey is half the fun, and usually more.. except with this case..

-- Holding out for spring. Really wanting to do Road America in the Spring. It's my fav track. My one dream to race a MC on it came true last summer with CCS. My next dream is to drive a GT3 on it. I just can't imagine.. (Been thinking thru Break Markers in Turn 5 ever since I saw Sebastien Bourdais do it in Champ car.. LOL.. Cant' wait to compare car vs. bike on that track. I hear you can break much later with cars.. LOL..

--Ok. let you get back to your car tracking project..
sounds like fun I ride as well so I can imagine.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:22 AM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the Glovis Condor is getting close to the Panama Canal. Hopefully by the time it gets to San Diego Porsche will have an idea what the problem is with our GT3s.

Name:  image-2119714691.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  457.9 KB

Last edited by HB Driver; 02-24-2014 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:23 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Glovis condor is getting real close. less than 2 weeks before it arrives in SD What happen's after it gets to SD is another story.
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2014, 12:25 AM
silverrules
Drifting

That's real funny. HB Driver and I were basically posting the same thing at same time. Whats the chances of that LMAO
Old 02-24-2014, 01:19 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, gentlemen!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:46 AM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Not like we're watching it or anything.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:13 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Getting close.. Hope the strike at the Canal is done by then..
Old 02-24-2014, 03:01 AM
silverrules
Drifting

The canal strike will end as soon as government official are back from their winter vacation. The concentration camp, sorry I meant PDI hold stage is the last leg of this journey.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:03 AM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

I'm tempted to hang on to my 991 C2S for a little longer, until we figure out how long this recall lasts. I've had a few low ball offers, but now I'm not in a rush.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks
Old 02-24-2014, 03:08 AM
silverrules
Drifting

You mean you cant drive a van around for couple months until the GT3 is fixed
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Glovis condo been stuck in the canal since early this week. maybe there really is a strike by workers at the canal? Anything goes now. I don't remember taking this long to pass through the canal in the past? Any idea as to why?

Actually I prefer to have the car on the boat rather than sitting outside at the dock. Just curious. I want my baby
Old 02-28-2014, 09:42 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Glovis condo ? Opps.. Lots of chaos going on down there with the cartels since they got the El Chapo.. Hope they didn't take canal hostage.. Those D Dealers like GT3's. And now that they know what ship it's on.. google it..

Quick Reply: Port Emden entry