Sponsored by:

Port Emden entry

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Btw, SD port schedule just updated. Still no Glovis Condor, BUT the arrival dates do roll out to 3/11 now. I'm sure the GC will show up on that schedule when we are a month away from arrival date.
Originally Posted by JB991
Hoegh Autoliners puts out a schedule for that boat (Glovis Condor), but I can't seem to get it to find San Diego as a port. It lists the boat, but no schedule. Maybe an email or call would get you a better date.
Marinetraffic.com shows the last known port for the Glovis Condor as Bremerhaven with an ETA for it's next destination of Cristobal (Panama Canal) on 2/24. Figure about 1/2 day to 1 day to get through the canal and then another 6 or 7 days to make it up the coast of Mexico. (My car went to Port Heuneme near Oxnard first then doubled back to San Diego which took an extra day.)

Based on an arrival at the Canal on 2/24, this ship should be in San Diego around the 3rd or 4th of March.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...hips/538004127
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Mike. It makes sense what you have listed. I was surprised to see Cristobal as the final destination but probably SD port schedule will get updated once it leaves the Bristobal. In the past it always showed SD as final destination but not this time. The dealer paperwork shows SD as final destination which is all that matters.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:11 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Thanks Mike. It makes sense what you have listed. I was surprised to see Cristobal as the final destination but probably SD port schedule will get updated once it leaves the Bristobal. In the past it always showed SD as final destination but not this time. The dealer paperwork shows SD as final destination which is all that matters.
No problem, silverrules. My schedule from Porsche always read San Diego, of course, but the next destination on my ship changed at least 3 times on marinetraffic.com as it made a stop in England, then the Canal, and then the port near Oxnard. It never actually showed San Diego until the very last day, which was confusing to me at the time.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:15 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Got it Mike. What would we do without you

Thank you again
Old 02-15-2014, 07:18 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Glovis Condor now shows up in San Diego port schedule and due to arrive March 6. Not sure how long it will take to get through PDI but for now one step at a time Getting closer now.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:20 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice!

Guys, it'll be okay. I'm still keeping the faith.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:25 PM
silverrules
Drifting

I think so 0Q991. My dealer said they had a car that was due to arrive before my car and it sat at the port in Germany for a month and its now back at the factory so its good news that we are on the boat. I think our cars are fine.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:42 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont worry Silver. It will get here eventually. LOL.. Tracked the Lyra Leader ship for 30 days. -- after crossing the Panama Canal.. if finally stopped at a port in the LA area, WHAT??? -- then went back to SD the next day to drop off the cars..Few days later they they tried to deliver to the dealers in LA on a Saturday -- but my dealers service dept. was closed.. --I think somebody followed the truck and saw that Auto Gallery in Woodland hills got some cars dropped off. Hilarious. Total chaos on Monday tracking down the truck make to sure it didn't sneak up to SF first.. 4 Cars got in around 1 P.M. One got PDI's and drove home LATE Monday Eve, then I got mine Tues -- Most fun I've had in a while..

--now I feel like I'm going thru the whole process again in Chicago.. Waiting for the 1month+ of snow to clear..
Attached Images   
Old 02-15-2014, 07:55 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like most of us are on the same boat guys. One big family My dealer also said next week he will have a better idea. I bet we will see our cars on 2nd week of March. My arrival date also says 3/28.
- My Dealer Drop off date had always been Jan 17th. --Attempted to drop off at dealer Sat Jan 11th, but service closed. ---- Delivered 4 cars Mon Jan 13th, PDI.. I drove off the Lot Tues Jan 14th ~ 5:30 P.M.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 PM
silverrules
Drifting

LOL, not worried about cars. It's all fun. Yep I remember your case. Spring around the corner followed by summer with sticky tires and the road and the rest is for us to discover
Old 02-15-2014, 08:07 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I thought the dealer could determine if arriving cars have a recall code AE01 which would indicated it is one of the cars affected. I have written my Sales Rep to see if my car has the recall code and he has yet to respond.

FWIW, had a similar situation occur with my first 360. Ferrari stonewalled until the finally acknowledged a serious valve issue. I had to drag them to the table to pay for the repair which cost over $12,000.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Nick, I went to dealer again today and beside the official letter about stop sale they don't have anything else. Service manager said It will be fixed at PDI as they have the right people and equipment if it needs to be fixed of course. Look at how long we waited for this car and few extra day is no big deal.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's keep each other updated, Nick and Silverrules.

Regardless, I remain hopeful that we'll have our cars sooner than later and all this drama will be in the past.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Nick, I went to dealer again today and beside the official letter about stop sale they don't have anything else. Service manager said It will be fixed at PDI as they have the right people and equipment if it needs to be fixed of course. Look at how long we waited for this car and few extra day is no big deal.
Good to know. Also, a few days or weeks are not a big deal to me. But it is important for us to know what the problem is.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:48 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Will do 0Q991 for sure.
Nick, you are the expert in this area. I think because of possible litigation we wont know all the details. They probably will just fix it an we are on our way. Couple more week is all and the fun begins

Quick Reply: Port Emden entry