Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back on Topic thread - Who's ordered

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Deposit down here for white. PAG have told my dealer allocations will not be confirmed globally until 9 May 2013. It appears first RHD versions will not be produced until late October.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm down for #3 at my dealer.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:16 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should get one of the first cars in Dubai, which is quite a feat knowing the purchasing power of the local Emirati buyers over here. I guess Porsche Dubai wanted to right their wrongs after the GT3 RS 4.0 debacle. Production is confirmed for July, expected delivery early September.

Here are my specs:
- white
- full leather / alcantara interior (I really like the silver stitching in that)
- 90l tank
- Full LED / PDLS (because it's a 911 first)
- smoking package (for usual non-smoking reasons)
- sport seats plus (so the missus will drive it too...)
- Sound Package Plus
- Chrono Package
- PCM
- phone module
- and of course the usual mats and stuff.

I'll keep my BMW 1M for sure, yet also want to restrict myself to 2 fun cars... and will get one of the first 458s 'Scuderia' delivered in early 2014. That'll become a challenging First World decision!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Dan39
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
In the US allocations have not yet been given out, at least to my knowledge. Has the UK dealer network gotten allocations? Anyway here's my spec

Guards Red
LED headlights
90L fuel tank
front end lift
red seat belts
light package
PCM
Sound package pluss
European Delivery!!

Agate gray is a second choice for color but I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Guards red. My 997 GT3 was speed yellow and my 5 other 911s have all been black. Time for a change.

$139,500
Can you explain the decision on the LED headlights? I ordered the PDLS because I think it looks cool.

Also smoking package - a number of you ordered this? I don't smoke but it fills out the console? Would this otherwise be another spot for keys, wallet phone or is it just filled in plastic?

Thx guys!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Smoking package gets you another power point + cover for the opening

Xenon headlamp with optional cornering lamp function PDLS (Porsche Dynamic Light System), the same lamp in black design and the optional LED headlamp

Copyright Porsche AG

Copyright Porsche AG

Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 AM
frayed
Race Car

I just thought the LEDs were cool. With so few options that appeal to me I thought to splurge on them.

Good point on the smoking package. I'll add that to the list.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:02 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I'm pretty much set on ordering, just waiting for US allocations. Planning to order the following:
  • Front axle lift
  • PDLS (headlights)
  • Debating standard or adaptive seats - any thoughts there? I am of a small build, and plan on tracking. If I end up tracking a lot, I'll go aftermarket or Porsche buckets retrofit, so standard probably makes more sense?
  • Dimming mirrors - I often drive in the dark, and the car is low, so this is important for safety and comfort.
  • Extended leather - just to get rid of plastic

Thinking about:
  • Red stitching - it looks interesting, and the car will be Guards Red, but will it be too much?
  • Carbon fiber interior - I like carbon fiber look in general, but in this Porsche CF is the same tone as the rest of the interior, and the whole interior looks less contrasting with CF compared to standard. Any thoughts?
  • Red seatbelts - same concern as with red stitching - will it be too much on the red car or just right?

Now the biggest dilemma is European delivery. I'd really like to do it, but if I can get car without it in November-December, doing ED will mean waiting till at least mid-April and then again waiting more till it's redelivered in the US. Decisions, decisions...
I've seen red belts in guards red 911's. Looks great. Stitching I could go either way.

Adaptives. . . I'm 5'9" 175lbs and the regular seats fit me well. I always thought the adaptives were a waste of money unless the regular seats don't fit you properly. But I understand Mike's post.

Dimming. . . personal preference. I've never liked them especially if you add window tint. I have trouble seeing in twilight hours.

Euro delivery, I can write off the trip since I have clients to visit in Dusseldorf, Munich and Hamburg. Not sure I would do it otherwise but the government subsidy makes it hard not to.

Maybe I'll add extended leather since it's not a huge cost item.

Carbon fiber I'd skip. I guess b/c it's fake and that would just bug me.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 72 Posts

Anyone doing Sirius radio receiver?

I will go with the adaptive seats, sport design steering wheel (I like the paddles) heated seats, Bi-Xenon headlights in black with PHLS (ordering white exterior), leather interior package with red stitching, red seat belts, silver painted wheels and sound package plus.

Don't know if blue tooth is part of the package.

My understanding is US cars will be built in October for Nov. and dec. delivery.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Nick
I will go with the adaptive seats, sport design steering wheel (I like the paddles) heated seats, Bi-Xenon headlights in black with PHLS (ordering white exterior), leather interior package with red stitching, red seat belts, silver painted wheels and sound package plus.
Nick, I may be mistaken, but i think the sport design wheel is identical to the standard setup, except that it replaces Alcantara with leather. The description on the configurator was stolen from the regular carrera configurator and appears inaccurate.

Here's the standard wheel.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow, I better check this out. I don't want a leather steering wheel. Also, do you know if Porsche is still using the buttons on the steering wheel? My impression is the sport wheel meant paddles instead of buttons.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 PM
frayed
Race Car

Wow, I better check this out. I don't want a leather steering wheel. Also, do you know if Porsche is still using the buttons on the steering wheel? My impression is the sport wheel meant paddles instead of buttons.
I believe the GT3 is paddle only.

Buttons are reserved for the other models when you don't choose the sport wheel.

But double check me. That's just my take on things having gone through the configurator on multiple cars in the past.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:07 PM
frayed
Race Car

another error on the configurator. Well at least I think so:

Old 04-14-2013, 02:48 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
another error on the configurator. Well at least I think so:

Yah, saw that too! $30k for a bunch of aluminum trim. With Porsche you never know!!! Ha!

Last edited by 911dev; 04-26-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:53 PM
911dev
Drifting

Flappy paddles appear to be standard as is Alcantara steering wheel and BT. I went zero cost leather wheel on my recently sold .2. Not so sure Alcantara hold up well without gloves. Maybe others can chime in. I would like to stick with Alcantara this time.

+1 on the smoker's package. The extra socket and lid will be great.

Really struggling with ***. They add about 58 lbs. =/- iircc. Geez we could skip the *** and heat and pay for half of those big 410mm PCCBs up front!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:54 PM
911dev
Drifting

Anyone doing Sirius radio receiver?

Don't know if blue tooth is part of the package.

My understanding is US cars will be built in October for Nov. and dec. delivery.
That's essentially my build too! Add the $300 center console leather trim to go with Full Leather; just a suggestion. Nav is a free option, but believe you must select it to get it.

Quick Reply: Back on Topic thread - Who's ordered