Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Market

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 05:40 PM
carnut52
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Not exceptionally creative but picked the right major in college (medicine not art history) and worked hard. Fortunately $60k is not my annual income. Hard work and good choices when you are young go a long way later in life. My thought on waiting is this: you have no guarantee of tomorrow. I see plenty of people who thought they had all kinds of time left but unfortunately their health changed in a minute. Feeling great one day and either not with us anymore or very serious health issues. I trained as a heart surgeon and one of my mentors favorite sayings was "there is no fun in that pine box so better enjoy today". As a side note the best tombstone marker: "See I told you I was sick"
The following 3 users liked this post by carnut52:
acchou (10-07-2019), JAhmed (11-20-2019), prl (11-19-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 06:40 PM
knasman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carnut52
Not exceptionally creative but picked the right major in college (medicine not art history) and worked hard. Fortunately $60k is not my annual income. Hard work and good choices when you are young go a long way later in life. My thought on waiting is this: you have no guarantee of tomorrow. I see plenty of people who thought they had all kinds of time left but unfortunately their health changed in a minute. Feeling great one day and either not with us anymore or very serious health issues. I trained as a heart surgeon and one of my mentors favorite sayings was "there is no fun in that pine box so better enjoy today". As a side note the best tombstone marker: "See I told you I was sick"
Well said. Live life while you can, and enjoy every moment. Staying on topic, let's put the nail in the coffin that is ADM. Only you can decide if it's worth it, nobody else.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:44 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I kept my manual 18' GT3 and traded my '19RS for a GT2RS at MSRP. So the answer is yes. If I had to I would have traded the GT3 as well. To me, The 2RS is that much more fun. The answer is yes. Besides there really is no penalty to going backwards if you need or want to. Plenty of GT3's and RS's around.
We not only have similar stables but I also traded a 19 3RS for the 2RS as well. Keeping the manual GT3. Loved the 3RS though I didn’t get to drive it much but couldn’t justify keeping all 3 and wanted to keep a manual around.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:48 PM
knasman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MS7044
We not only have similar stables but I also traded a 19 3RS for the 2RS as well. Keeping the manual GT3. Loved the 3RS though I didn’t get to drive it much but couldn’t justify keeping all 3 and wanted to keep a manual around.
Similarly here, still holding on to a GT3 Touring, and may in fact keep alongside the GT2 RS. But if one had to go, there's no question which one is a keeper.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:01 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by MS7044
Originally Posted by knasman
Similarly here, still holding on to a GT3 Touring, and may in fact keep alongside the GT2 RS. But if one had to go, there's no question which one is a keeper.
Great minds think alike. These are toys. Enjoy them.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by knasman
Well said. Live life while you can, and enjoy every moment. Staying on topic, let's put the nail in the coffin that is ADM. Only you can decide if it's worth it, nobody else.
Agree. Those that can and want to pay ADM are more than welcome. It’s their choice and pretty much anyone that can pay a markup on a $300k car isn’t stupid especially since they are buying a Porsche GT2RS which is very much an enthusiast car and not much of a poseur car at all.

The rest of us don’t have one for whatever reason. Those reasons can include we can’t afford it, we don’t want to pay ADM out of principle, we don’t want one, we want something else more (retirement, house, investments, legacy, charity, etc.) and/or we are cheap bastards.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:56 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

2RS is a monster and an absolute blast to drive. Worth it if you can afford but I certainly wouldn't be paying a premium unless it was a very rare color that I had to have.

These guys are sitting on seven at the moment. Haven't seen one sell in months and the asks keep falling.

https://www.porschenorwell.com/searc...&st=Price+desc

Last edited by Nizer; 05-29-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:28 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,796 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Jesus...
just buy the car and drive it
Or don't

And stop talking about it.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
2RS is a monster and an absolute blast to drive. Worth it if you can afford but I certainly wouldn't be paying a premium unless it was a very rare color that I had to have.

These guys are sitting on seven at the moment. Haven't seen one sell in months and the asks keeps falling.

How nice of them, they even left the wrapper on one of them. haha
Old 05-30-2019, 12:02 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I think the value of these cars is whatever people are willing to pay.

Just bought our 2rs at 21k over, with barely 500 miles PTS with all the right options, no sales tax.
The following users liked this post:
prl (11-19-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 01:39 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
I think the value of these cars is whatever people are willing to pay.

Just bought our 2rs at 21k over, with barely 500 miles PTS with all the right options, no sales tax.
Good data point, especially for a PTS car.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:50 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
How nice of them, they even left the wrapper on one of them. haha
I would demand a discount off sticker on that one since the original right rear wheel protector is missing!
Old 05-30-2019, 04:18 PM
911turbos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer

These guys are sitting on seven at the moment. Haven't seen one sell in months and the asks keep falling.

There are alot of new and used GT2RS available and the prices will keep coming down.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:40 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if sky is falling ppl would just spend the time working instead of on here RLsting, then the $200k adm would have been paid for and they be driving.
I like to time when APPL will hit $1500 rather than when GT2RS will be sold at invoice.
Hello, reality check! Working 20 hours a week of overtime, as a upper-middle class professional such as myself, equates to 204 weeks of working, AKA just a bit less than 4 years of 20-hour extra work weeks. "working overtime" to pay for $200k ADM doesn't work unless you are pulling down well more than a million a year, which most aren't. Most p-car owners aren't super rich, and many make sacrifices in their life to be able to afford these cars. It is good to have some perspective
Old 05-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I agree that the bottom won't fall out of any of the .2 GT cars, whether it's the GT2RS or the GT3RS. All I'm saying is that both cars will trade below MSRP this year, not way below. There's a lot of shadow inventory sitting on dealer lots and sooner or later dealers will bend and reduce their dreamer asking prices. Heck, we've seen several PTS cars listed on RL that aren't selling at $50k over.
Everything for sale here is a .2 something or other. Most aren't moving. Porsche did the right thing and captured the revenue they were sending to the dealers by building more cars. If the demand is there, either raise the price or build more cars.

I like that you think like an accountant and don't get too emotional about money! Probably why you can afford these cars!

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Market