Sponsored by:

CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:19 AM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by iphilips
Let me simplify... there is no point whining and crying about the costs of these cars .. you either have the money now, or you don't.
Thank you for simplifying sir, for I am just a dumb Marine who apparently whines and cries.

If you used pictures, I would have understood your condescending tone much better
Old 03-26-2019, 09:25 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Market change is coming, and there are maybe 5-10x too many sports cars at all prices being produced. It's about to get a little nasty for new car sales.. how many gt3 buyers will be frothing at the mouth for an incremental improvement to 992 gt3... when they have to be willing to sell their 991.2 for 120k or less? The only good thing is that they will start getting used a lot again.. the low mileage stuff will get purchased at a price where it will good to drive the b@lls off of them.. maybe even "daily".
Just anecdotal, but I see a similar dynamic in my area. I'm an ole guy and a 911 owner for over four decades. As soon as I saw my first 911 when I was a teenager, I aspired to own one. So over a few years I saved up the $7500 for a 911E, and I couldn't have been happier. I use to get waves and blinking headlights from many cars, i.e., they recognized and admired Porsches. I no longer see that enthusiasm by the general public. I have three sons, and two of the three could easily afford a GT3, but have zero interest in sports cars. Add to this the political climate in the US which is to some extent anti ICE, and you have a rapidly declining sports car market place. Although Porsche dealers will sell every GT3 they have on their lots, I doubt that they will get the hefty ADM that they expect.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:06 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

Let me simplify... there is no point whining and crying about the costs of these cars .. you either have the money now, or you don't.
Having the money and wanting to get the best deal possible arent mutually exclusive.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:15 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 192 Posts

Clearly there are a lot of cars available for sale. It seems to me that GT3RS production and delivery was concentrated over the winter months instead of a steady flow over a year or two like we've seen in the past. I assume many folks traded up to the GT3RS or GT2RS during these months when typical sports car sales are slow. Given a little time, warmer temps, and a stop on the incoming flow of new GT's, I think you'll find these cars to become scarce again before the 992's start showing up. But what do I know......
Old 03-26-2019, 10:52 AM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
Having the money and wanting to get the best deal possible arent mutually exclusive.
"Have the money now" means you can afford it and it's the deal you want, at the time. If you want a better deal you may need to wait. This is why dealers create a fake sense of urgency.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:55 AM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by USNA12
Thank you for simplifying sir, for I am just a dumb Marine who apparently whines and cries.

If you used pictures, I would have understood your condescending tone much better
If you believe you are dumb then who am I to argue.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:03 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

FWIW, this is my dealership and the highest over MSRP for any of the GT3's when you include the $3k CPO cost is < $5000. 5 or 6 cars at a dealer who sells well over 1000 cars a year is really not that many. They, like a select few others, just have a ton of volume.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:13 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
I don't mind at all if everyone has a GT car as long as they are great cars , i will keep buying them
but as i stated before we have to adjust entry point so you don't get killed on exit
"killed on exit" lol never own an Italian exotic and maybe Mac too

agreed. Thinking of prices in the future, the economy dipping, over production of GT stuff, anti ICE climate, depreciation/value, the trading in 991.2 for 992 down the road. Why worry about that. Tomorrow never guaranteed just make the most of today! Orthogonal to the OPs point that *IMO* something bottlenecked GT product from getting into the hands of enthusiasts who wanted to spec and drive the cars, and I believe its the dealers.... 5k over, wish these cars went at MSRP to whoever wanted one to drive and enjoy, and therefore could spec it to their own individual taste
Old 03-26-2019, 11:39 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Cars are depreciating "assets". What appears to be appreciation is less than average loss when compared to actual investment grade assets. GT cars are falling stones compared to the plummeting rocks of other cars. A few flippers made out because they were in the right place at the right time w/ the 911R. Dealers may get a few extra bucks w/ ADM on GT cars but we don't see the bath they may take on other inventory just to keep Porsche happy. If you are an enthusiast the experience of ownership is the focus not the economics.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:53 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
Cars are depreciating "assets". What appears to be appreciation is less than average loss when compared to actual investment grade assets. GT cars are falling stones compared to the plummeting rocks of other cars. A few flippers made out because they were in the right place at the right time w/ the 911R. Dealers may get a few extra bucks w/ ADM on GT cars but we don't see the bath they may take on other inventory just to keep Porsche happy. If you are an enthusiast the experience of ownership is the focus not the economics.
Well said........this local dealer does sell lots of cars as mentioned, and has access to more RS cars for upgrades relatively speaking which MAY lead to the same base GT cars selling multiple times in a short period of time at one dealer, but still surprising as Champion in Florida the number one Porsche dealer does not have as many GT cars for sale..........better weather maybe)
Old 03-26-2019, 02:33 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 163 Posts

These prices will continue to drop. I was offered a 991.2 RS at list but passed in order to be 1st on the list for the 992 RS, so my my focus is already on the next gen. Another local dealer where I bought my 2016 RS has a 2019 guards red with Weissach package asking $10k over list and it is still sitting. Speaking with a few PCA members at the dealership before a drive, it seemed in general they were tired of ADM's or they were already focusing on the 992. Seems like the craze is beginning to cool off a bit.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:39 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Porsche USA Preowned Website has 372 991 GT3 / GT3RS For Sale with Porsche Dealer Asking Prices starting at $ 110,000
https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...e=2020&page=28

Add 991 GT3's / GT3RS's being sold Privately and by Non-Porsche Dealers, Used Car Dealers and Auctions mean at least 500 991 GT3's are looking for Buyers.

Same Website has 43 991 GT2RS's in present Porsche Dealer Inventory, most with VERY low mileage.

Porsche USA Preowned Website also has 233 991 Turbos For Sale with Porsche Dealer Asking Prices starting at $104,000
Old 03-26-2019, 04:32 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

"Have the money now" means you can afford it and it's the deal you want, at the time.
I'm sorry, wut?

So if I have the money to but a 918 Spyder, which I do, that means it's the deal I want? Your English confuses me.

The idea that anyone who isn't buying at these prices simply can't afford it is tard logic.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I'm sorry, wut?

So if I have the money to but a 918 Spyder, which I do, that means it's the deal I want? Your English confuses me.

The idea that anyone who isn't buying at these prices simply can't afford it is tard logic.
Agreed. Just because we have the financial means to afford and pay for a car does NOT mean that we are willing to OVERPAY for the car.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:44 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
Actually they go hand in hand. Let's not forget the old adage: a fool and his money are soon parted. I doubt that there are many fools on this forum.

Quick Reply: CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer