Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 08:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Hope the assailant gets away with this and remains low key in a country which doesn't extradite. That'll teach a lot of these goofy victims a lesson along with these flippers.. Really hope the flippers take a fat L on this one.. For the genuine buyers... Hope you win it back in another way.

Yeah my opinion conflicts with everyone.. Boo hoo. Go Shiraaz and wife!

Old 09-15-2018, 08:47 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by STG

Old 09-15-2018, 08:48 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Asquared
If the deposit was greater than the agreed upon ADM, then giving them a car at MSRP makes the client whole, doesn't it? The client gets a car for what they agreed to pay (if not less) and it is Champion that had the ADM stolen from them.

If the deposit was less than the agreed upon ADM, then yes, asking them to pony up more money doesn't make them whole.

I suspect that in many cases, documenting the agreed upon ADM may be challenging but I have no experience in the ADM world.
I'm in the camp that Champion is not among the victims in this scam.

Is getting one's money back, at this time, thereby "made whole"? Especially when that loss is from fraud or willful negligence, then compounded by absent comms until sufficient "outrage" is reached....
I am not so sure.

I hope that Champion will be prompt with their reimbursement, and I hope, with no strings. It's a small step in the right direction, but still a deep hole to dig out of.

I wonder how complicit PCNA is in all this....
Old 09-15-2018, 08:53 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Sorry to be "that" guy, but I saw this the other day when it dropped on FB...Haven't had much time to be on here or other forums. Not going through 49 pages here.

Quickly, if you will, What's the status of the dealer and deposits? Are they going to make it right or is Porsche themselves going to do something?
Old 09-15-2018, 09:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Sorry to be "that" guy, but I saw this the other day when it dropped on FB...Haven't had much time to be on here or other forums. Not going through 49 pages here.

Quickly, if you will, What's the status of the dealer and deposits? Are they going to make it right or is Porsche themselves going to do something?

They released a memo. All we know. Only public communication from them or PCNA.

Name:  photo218.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  467.6 KB

Name:  photo278.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  356.1 KB

Old 09-15-2018, 09:06 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

You mean a water sandwich.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:09 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
I'm in the camp that Champion is not among the victims in this scam.

Is getting one's money back, at this time, thereby "made whole"? Especially when that loss is from fraud or willful negligence, then compounded by absent comms until sufficient "outrage" is reached....
I am not so sure.

I hope that Champion will be prompt with their reimbursement, and I hope, with no strings. It's a small step in the right direction, but still a deep hole to dig out of.

I wonder how complicit PCNA is in all this....

Well written .... Champion is FAR from innocent here.

Shiraaz should just type up an apology letter as well. Just have him take his VP of Marketing and GT car sales position back at Champion and let the ADM's and fraud recycle itself until the next time. Right?
Old 09-15-2018, 09:25 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Well the memo looks to say they intend to make sure each customer is taken care of in the amount they paid. That's a good sign I'd think.

Or did I read that wrong....
Old 09-15-2018, 09:28 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Well the memo looks to say they intend to make sure each customer is taken care of in the amount they paid. That's a good sign I'd think.

Or did I read that wrong....

I intend to be the next man on the moon this year too. Until it happens ..........

Actions speak louder than fluffy words. We will see.

Name:  photo784.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  902.5 KB

Shiraaz Sookralli
Champion Porsche Pompano Beach
Old 09-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
I intend to be the next man on the moon this year too. Until it happens ..........

Actions speak louder than fluffy words. We will see.

I feel ya brother. I'm a skeptic. I get paid to be in fact. Dealing with criminals just like him.

But, I'd like to see the dealer / porsche make it right.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:42 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill

I was told all parties are going to get reimbursed, and some will get cars at MSRP depending on how many additional allocations PCNA gives them
I would like to comment on dr chill’s statement made earlier. I was contacted by the dealer earlier and was able to work something out. Does that make me whole again ? Not sure if I am able to comment on this Quite yet but let’s just say I am glad I don’t have to go through the legal troubles. Thanks for all the RL for helpful advice. Lesson learned on my end, will update the group to see if promises are kept.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:46 PM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac

I would like to comment on dr chill’s statement made earlier. I was contacted by the dealer earlier and was able to work something out. Does that make me whole again ? Not sure if I am able to comment on this Quite yet but let’s just say I am glad I don’t have to go through the legal troubles. Thanks for all the RL for helpful advice. Lesson learned on my end, will update the group to see if promises are kept.
Thank you for posting. Actions speak louder than words. Its encouraging to hear confirmation that the dealer contacted you pro-actively.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:47 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Good news so far.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:47 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for the update

Originally Posted by jackmac

Old 09-15-2018, 09:59 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

It's very difficult to understand why they did not dump that bozo after the bad checks and the reveal of the fictitious name in the 911R litigation.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing