Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 03:49 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
That's probably Galpin Ford. Those guys are huge crooks. I always told those tools over M6G that GT350's don't support ADM upon resale. Depreciation starts at MSRP on those cars. And I own a Raptor. Great truck, probably the best one I've ever had. But pay ADM for a freakin' truck...no way.
Airport Marina Ford
Old 09-13-2018, 03:52 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_
How about a system where Porsche, the factory, ONLY sells GT cars directly to the public, at MSRP. To be considered or qualified you must be a current owner of a GT car. .

That's a horrible idea. It should be first come first serve, with no market adjustment allowed.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:53 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

You guys seem to not understand PCNA and PAG have no issue with the current system. They use GT cars as "incentives" to dealers and get allocated according to how many 911 sales they have and these little sales "contests" they hold.

PCNA uses them as carrots to dealers and gives them an upper hand when trying to move other model cars. Dealers mark them up for some juice, and PCNA looks the other way. PCNA is as much to blame for the games.

It's a reward system to dealers guys!! GT cars ain't going direct to buyers.

ONLY SOLUTION. Make MORE cars.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a friend who reached out to PCNA two nights ago and received a vague response today providing little insight. Basically it said they are aware of the problem and instructed him to direct questions to champions attorneys and listed then by name and number.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:55 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by STG

This is a much better idea.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:56 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Just terrible that this stuff happens....look at ford with the ford gt .
they sold them whole different way and buyers signed contracts not to flip
but I believe someone sold and got away with it.
ITS ALL GREED.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:57 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by zirrah
This is a much better idea.

This would make all the BS disappear overnight. How many Carrera S's or GTS's do you see flipped and going for over MSRP?? Macan's? Cayenne's? Panny's?? Ummmmm NONE.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:00 PM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow my family has bought a number of cars from Champion, and although I have my GT3 coming from naples porsche I was gonna go through champion. Good thing I didnt.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:01 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by STG
This would make all the BS disappear overnight. How many Carrera S's or GTS's do you see flipped and going for over MSRP?? Macan's? Cayenne's? Panny's?? Ummmmm NONE.
Definitely would work. Imagine seeing a new GT3 sitting on the lot chilling waiting for someone to buy it...lol
Old 09-13-2018, 04:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Definitely would work. Imagine seeing a new GT3 sitting on the lot chilling waiting for someone to buy it...lol

It was happening back in the 997 days. Sitting in showrooms and even discounted.

The hot economy, low % rates, and stock market has fueled this. Won't last forever. Everything cools off. Even the GT cars now have cooled off a bit and lots of "flipped" inventory out there and not getting as much as guys were expecting. Many dealers have even commented how many "preowned" .2's are out there for sale.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:10 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
You guys seem to not understand PCNA and PAG have no issue with the current system. They use GT cars as "incentives" to dealers and get allocated according to how many 911 sales they have and these little sales "contests" they hold.

PCNA uses them as carrots to dealers and gives them an upper hand when trying to move other model cars. Dealers mark them up for some juice, and PCNA looks the other way. PCNA is as much to blame for the games.

It's a reward system to dealers guys!! GT cars ain't going direct to buyers.

It's idealistic but I can think of other solutions if the dealers weren't such POS/greedy

PAG likely cannot make more GT cars due to worldwide regulations for better or worse on emissions/fuel economy which I don't necessarily disagree with, but additionally I have no idea what the true market is for GT cars if we just want a huge jump in production. Look at how many GT cars rotting on the lot unsold/in the marketplace. I honestly don't know if that's a function of solely asking price too high or the fact that there aren't as many buyers interested in working on a deal as we all thought. We assume everyone and their mother wants a GT car, but maybe that is our own doing here on RL and also the dealers' doing cranking this hype machine. I know and see many people who are happy/value their 991.x Carrera or Turbo model over a GT car. But the games/politics/BS/ADMs/"relationships" are dominating the headlines which makes it seem different

I thought of an idea (likely a bad one) where first half batches of allocations go to the VIPs/cash cows that the dealer can rank in order of loyalty/support to the business, and second half of batches go to the smaller enthusiasts who maybe can't afford or don't want to buy more than 1 other Porsche (if that) and they wait on a list in order. Both types of client sign agreement to send car back to dealer if they want to move it and dealer purchases at MSRP or under no matter if the market is red hot or in the toilet. Dealer then passes said car down on the list for MSRP or under, so if you didn't get the opportunity to spec a car at least you'll get an opportunity at a GT car at MSRP or under. It's an idealistic honor system going both ways I know. If the dealer leaves money on the table, so be it it shouldn't matter because the customers are happy. PAG/PCNA can't be having dealers scrape the bottom of the barrel at MSRP pricing they are likely still doing well there but these dealers are so f*&^&* greedy....
Old 09-13-2018, 04:13 PM
STG
Race Director

Once again, all the games would go away with just a 10-15% bump in available cars. PAG can accommodate that. Only issue for them?? They lose the dangling carrot advantage over dealers. PAG and PCNA are the enablers. The dealers are the pimps.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:14 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This does happen. Unfortunately though.

Dealer spec cars that are bloated and then charged an ADM on top of their MSRP. So instead of a customer specced car that may be kept for years, you get a dealer specced car that a customer settles for because it is all that is available.

More production would make the cars less special but would help with the ADM issue. If instead of a $25k ADM the dealer was able to sell 5 more GT cars and make their profit in this manner it may keep the dealers and Porsche happy. However, then you have to deliberate on the idea that if they cars are no longer rare, are they worth as much?

This is why the high end garment and purse industry burns their over stock vs selling it at a discount. If there is a glut of product the perceived value decreases and the price people are willing to pay follows.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:14 PM
kyledrives
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac
Hello RL,
I would like to take the opportunity to break my silence, had it not been OP's post, I would still in be in the dark. Yes, I am unfortunately a victim is this scheme/fraud, and planning to talk to their attorney later
today to see how to remedy the situation. Feeling Mad/upset is just an understatement, I feel disgusted/cheated as a posche/gt3 enthusiast. My situation is a bit different, as some stated that the commission
number does not match the actual name. Confirmed with Porsche NA and even the dealership that my commission and my name do match, however when the dealership shared the " build sheet " with me, it is a
completely different build. The car has a bunch of CXX options and already in V250 status. Is there some light at the end of the tunnel? Thanks for all the support.
Jack
Email me at [kyle at thedrive dot com] and i'd love to hear your story.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I have related question: what's the real supply and demand for these cars? When the economy inevitably slows down, will we find that there are an ample number of GT cars out there relative to the number of people who can really afford and want to own them, resulting in bursting of a GT bubble? I see a lot of people 'upgrading' their GT cars often. Where have their old cars gone, given that these cars should last 10+ years, so they're still out somewhere? Unless the 991 is the last NA, I'll go on record predicting that the 991 GT cars will eventually depreciate significantly.
lol. I was 100% joking with the deprecation comment. Who cares what happens with depreciation.

if you can’t write off the car when you buy it, don’t buy it!!

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing