GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 04:43 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Insurance doesn't cover fraud.
Quit saying this, you're not helping by providing wrong information in every thread possible.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:47 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster

you make a great point. I’ve learned customers did make deposits to Champion Autosports and later paid for car to Champions father business Copans Motors Inc.They actually received their car. So in thinking of that, the dealer was selling GT cars at MSRP or below if they supposedly knew nothing about the shell company.

Not according to the lawsuit filed by Champion, they claim Autosport was not affiliated with Champion nor they were aware of its existence. Then who knows...
Old 09-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
Since he was an employee of Champion and acting in that capacity as he was diverting money to his Autosport shell, Champion definitely will have liability to make defrauded customers whole. What a freaking mess.

A company is responsible for an employee committing fraud while on company time and acting as an agent of that company.
agreed. It’s called vicarious liability. Dealer has a rough defense here.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
Quit saying this, you're not helping by providing wrong information in every thread possible.
It's not incorrect. Traditional business or E&O insurance does not provide coverage for active fraud by your employees. You have to buy special commercial crime and fraud insurance, which it is very unlikely a car dealership was carrying due to the cost/benefit. Traditional coverages don't cover intentional wrongdoing.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:51 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,429 Likes on 2,702 Posts

Very sorry to hear of this news - Here in Seattle about 15 years ago, a well known Exotic car dealership was purchased by 2 Microsoft employees who installed a manager for the dealership.
That manager created ghost sales paperwork and received $2million in from the bank buying their paper which he stole and took off to Mexico.
The FBI found him and he was prosecuted.
They will find this guy - Might not find the $ but I believe the dealership is on the hook as it was their employee or person representing dealership.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:52 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Seriously??? This guy isn't a CON ARTIST and belongs in jail.

Attachment 1290836
Read my entire post. I'm was referring to the family of the owner who just passed away.

Shiraaz should definitely go to jail if the allegations are true.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
And this is from 2/22/2018 !!!!

Yet they continued to employ him!!
The filing was 2/22/18, but the transaction in question was over two years ago...certainly Champion was made aware when said 911R was not delivered back then...
Old 09-12-2018, 04:57 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
This. Did the purchase order at time of signing with finance show the 25-100k deposit. Im betting it did. And when it does, how did the company bean counters not see the lack of funds on all these ADM deals. Pretty clear why it was hard to break into their GT car pool.
They were an MSRP dealership, but the salesman made them a ADM dealership...
Old 09-12-2018, 04:57 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

It's not incorrect. Traditional business or E&O insurance does not provide coverage for active fraud by your employees. You have to buy special commercial crime and fraud insurance, which it is very unlikely a car dealership was carrying due to the cost/benefit. Traditional coverages don't cover intentional wrongdoing.
Wrong again. Many carriers include that in their standard options. Not saying they have it, as I have no knowledge of their insurance or coverages, but it doesn't have to be a completely separate policy. Maybe if you assume they are with some substandard/unaccredited carrier or something, but I have no reason to assume that has to be the case.

I'm not sure why you're arguing something so inconsequential that you clearly don't know about.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:58 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
The filing was 2/22/18, but the transaction in question was over two years ago...certainly Champion was made aware when said 911R was not delivered.

I'm sure Champion owners and upper management knew he was a slimy guy. Usually, this kind of behavior fosters itself in an environment where other shady stuff is going on.

Champion has been sued by PCNA plenty of times and don't think PCNA cares for them much. Wouldn't be surprised if they try and yank their franchise at some point. It would be very justified.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
Wrong again. Many carriers include that in their standard options. Not saying they have it, as I now no knowledge of their insurance or coverages, but it doesn't have to be a completely separate policy.

I'm not sure why you're arguing something so inconsequential that you clearly don't know about.
Because I negotiate my company's insurance every year and I've had this discussion with multiple brokers over many years. Crime/fraud insurance coverage is separate from standard commercial liability, it's expensive, and it has a number of exclusions, one of which is that it doesn't cover active fraud by owners or senior management. Any victim here thinking that there's going to be an easy payout on this from some insurance policy is fooling themselves. Oh, and another standard exclusion from coverage is damages from lawsuits...
Old 09-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Because I negotiate my company's insurance every year and I've had this discussion with multiple brokers over many years. Crime/fraud insurance coverage is separate from standard commercial liability, it's expensive, and it has a number of exclusions, one of which is that it doesn't cover active fraud by owners or senior management. Any victim here thinking that there's going to be an easy payout on this from some insurance policy is fooling themselves. Oh, and another standard exclusion from coverage is damages from lawsuits...
Maybe they'll try to claim it on E/O
Old 09-12-2018, 05:06 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Find a new broker. Knowing nothing about your line or work, I can say that this is offered for many industries. I am on the other side of the phone is these types of negotiations, and it is a coverage that we have included for many of my clients.

Sorry for cluttering this thread, I just wanted to clear up that misconception, not that it really matters in hindsight.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:07 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I'm sure Champion owners and upper management knew he was a slimy guy. Usually, this kind of behavior fosters itself in an environment where other shady stuff is going on.
You mean a shady guy working at a car dealership?!?
Old 09-12-2018, 05:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
You mean a shady guy working at a car dealership?!?

I know, unheard of!!

This is going to be BAD public relations for Porsche.

Champion could be knocked down a few notches from their #1 spot.

Porsche West Broward should benefit.

We have no Shiraaz, but have Pannys!!

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing