Sponsored by:

Tale of a GT2RS Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 03:38 AM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
so, you don't want to pay ADM for a Porsche.. but you'll pay the market rate on a 458 Speciale Aperta which is in the $650k ballpark? something doesn't compute.
Correct....its all perceived value. I have no issue with the ADM concept(paid a small one on my MB GT3), I just don't see it for porsche when you start adding in 100M+ ADMs. Plus, Ferrari does a better job of tracking their customers with profiles and points, and being young, Ferrari values this even more. Porsche could care less that I've bought 6 cars in the last 2 years, nor do they even know I have, as the only letters I ever get are on a cayman which was turned into a GTB car. Nothing on my GT3, 3RS, or GT4. PMNA however has been great, PCNA, far from it. I've experienced good Porsche dealers, as wells as some not so pleasant ones, whereas with Ferrari, all of the dealers I've dealt with have been very helpful, open and honest. The consistency with Ferrari is what I appreciate the most, whereas Porsche and their dealers, they can't decide if they want to honor their list, or start asking ADMs, or even what the ADMs will be. Pick a price, pick a process, and stick to it. I don't have time for games and the ever changing sales methods, my time is worth more than that.

I think the cars are great for what they are ( I still have them all minus the gt4, with a touring on the way) , but when you start talking about 400M+, I don't want button blanks, I don't want plastic everywhere in the interior, I want the options to pick and choose what I want. In the 150-225M range, great value, not much else compares. That said, I've gotten away from tracking street cars, and find these just don't really do it for me while driving around at city speeds. Most of the time, I'd rather be wringing out a mini cooper than putting around in the GT cars. I'll still buy the next clubsport from PMNA when it's released and would like to get the mission E, but again, when I went to get on the list 2 years ago, I was already 8th, haha. I'll continue racing with PCA, as its been a great experience, learning a lot, and I've met even better people that I'd consider friends, but I would like to start running in Ferrari Challenge as well sometime in the next 3-4 years. Big picture, buyer profile matters with Ferrari, so I'll appease the mothership.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:46 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
so, you don't want to pay ADM for a Porsche.. but you'll pay the market rate on a 458 Speciale Aperta which is in the $650k ballpark? something doesn't compute.
Telling a rich guy no leads to truly odd outcomes.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:37 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

one of the more entertaining threads on RL lately - just read the 15 pgs -- except for the stupid wristwatch sh*t LOL - guess this is more a commentary about how bad this board has become in general

strongly held views, well (and not so well) argued, passion, emotion, insight - all good (except for the watch sh*t LOL), reminds me of some of the great old threads that got me hooked onto this board

i think cj's summary is terrific... on point and pretty much captures it

we love these cars, are genuinely pissed when we can't have one of em (or have it at the price we want), in reality, there are few substitutes for a real good gt/rs car

life isn't fair... can't have it both ways... people are predictably greedy and self interested... we hate it when we are powerless and can't fulfill our desire... old guys miss the good ol days... young guys laugh at the old guys... porsche has been successful and so last gen loyalists get left behind and are underappreciated... just ask old pro ballers who are broke and crippled and paved the way for lebron, odell, trout and messi to make mega millions

im lucky to have been able to buy several gt cars at sticker via sonnen ...on this new 3rs i am not making the cut... so i will need to bend over and pay up... at 50 over this new/last na rs is still worth it to me, so i am getting ready to grab my ankles... i think of it as paying for a weissach pack option but not getting it... oh well a stripper rs is still feels light runs fast and is cool to have

at least i am bending over as a matter of choice -- life is short and when time runs out having left over money don't mean sh*t
Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
im lucky to have been able to buy several gt cars at sticker via sonnen ...on this new 3rs i am not making the cut... so i will need to bend over and pay up... at 50 over this new/last na rs is still worth it to me, so i am getting ready to grab my ankles.
Many people pay ADM on GT# cars, but only a small percentage has the stones to admit it. Enjoy your RS. And lol on the wristwatch comments.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:20 PM
JP Manor
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know what the going ADM is on a GT3.2 RS?
Old 04-10-2018, 03:04 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Many people pay ADM on GT# cars, but only a small percentage has the stones to admit it. Enjoy your RS. And lol on the wristwatch comments.
Would prefer the ADM goes to the dealer, and not all these middle men who are just trying to broker, or guys with MSRP spots trying to make money on the cars.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:11 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the watch posts, but they should not be in this forum.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:20 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

No offense to the big watch guys, but please keep the watch posts in the OT section. Let's stick to the subject at hand....bashing on stealers and flippers. haha
Old 04-11-2018, 10:08 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
No offense to the big watch guys, but please keep the watch posts in the OT section. Let's stick to the subject at hand....bashing on stealers and flippers. haha
I have no interest in watches, but I'll take this discussion all day over the endless crying/whining about the market.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A little proper British stealer action for you:
http://www.romansinternational.com/c...911-991-gt2-rs
Old 04-11-2018, 08:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
A little proper British stealer action for you:
http://www.romansinternational.com/c...911-991-gt2-rs
Well no wonder it's $535k pounds...it's a right hand drive car that displays in MPH. haha
Old 04-11-2018, 10:57 PM
fabe32
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Manor
Does anyone know what the going ADM is on a GT3.2 RS?
Well, I was being offered $150K above sticker at Carlsen, NorCal, whom I have not done business with and will not.
...I have a Gt3 991.2 RS at sticker allocated to me (V200) at another dealership with a Nov 2018 delivery.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:13 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Well no wonder it's $535k pounds...it's a right hand drive car that displays in MPH. haha
What system do you think they use and where do you think we got ours from?
Old 04-13-2018, 02:53 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by fabe32
Well, I was being offered $150K above sticker at Carlsen, NorCal, whom I have not done business with and will not.
...I have a Gt3 991.2 RS at sticker allocated to me (V200) at another dealership with a Nov 2018 delivery.
lol did you not see my signature on carlsen
your RS dealer is a good one, i work with them as well

Quick Reply: Tale of a GT2RS Allocation