3.03%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.54%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.05%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.58%
Voters: 727. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
I received an update that mines being built. Time is dragging slowly for sure. As I shared earlier, the NS2 boys did up a render of my final build. Its as is now. Extended leather and carbon. Few Cxx. One thing I will do is change callipers to Signal yelllow (same as wheel lip) when delivered. Bit OCD, but I had put a bit of thought into the build and tried to pick up some historical cues. (black handle Carerra RS touring, P Classic stripe, etc)

It was a pleasure working with you! Your taste and attention to detail put these renders over the top. This is certainly one of our favorite GT3 Touring builds we have had the pleasure of working on. We can't wait to see you take delivery and watch the build come together!
Old 01-25-2018, 02:43 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Stripes from the Porsche classic, Chalk, yellow yes but speed on the belts. The OCD in me, says i can darken(dye) to signal, but will see. Thread is signal. Logo will be slightly different to render. Also Alu pedals, black out the door handle and 911R gear stick otherwise.. as is.
Wow... Nicely configured!
Plus the guys at NS2 sure help turn dreams into a visual reality!

Are the seat changes (deviated piping, headrest stitching and leather colour) Porsche CXX dept or will you seek an after market solution?
Old 01-25-2018, 03:31 PM
Juli
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Stunning configuration!
Old 01-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

And interior..

beautiful. Question: the script on the headrests (“GT3 touring”).... I asked for this with my CXX seats but was told by Yana at Porsche Exclusive in Atlanta that this isn’t possible except on a “special project” vehicle, which is a whole other can of worms above and beyond just getting custom tailored CXX seats. She said the only options for the headrests are: Porsche crest embossed (same as standard), “GT3” script only, or both. I had wanted to do just “touring” script. But regardless, she said it could not be ordered outside the context of a special project car.

So, is your car a special project in Porsche-speak? Or, did Porsche actually approve this in context of CXX custom tailored seats, or do you not yet know whether it will be approved as you wish?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:00 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner

Are the seat changes (deviated piping, headrest stitching and leather colour) Porsche CXX dept or will you seek an after market solution?
Originally Posted by Lapis

beautiful. Question: the script on the headrests (“GT3 touring”).... I asked for this with my CXX seats but was told by Yana at Porsche Exclusive in Atlanta that this isn’t possible except on a “special project” vehicle, which is a whole other can of worms above and beyond just getting custom tailored CXX seats. She said the only options for the headrests are: Porsche crest embossed (same as standard), “GT3” script only, or both. I had wanted to do just “touring” script. But regardless, she said it could not be ordered outside the context of a special project car.

So, is your car a special project in Porsche-speak? Or, did Porsche actually approve this in context of CXX custom tailored seats, or do you not yet know whether it will be approved as you wish?
Hey guys, it is my understanding that the leather for the seats and "GT3 Touring" insignia will be done on the aftermarket.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:20 PM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Can someone tell me whether the black GT3T in this video is running on the standard wheels or satin aluminum?
...Ellie, they are the standard wheels; ordered mine with them... tres classy!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:26 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
It was a pleasure working with you! Your taste and attention to detail put these renders over the top. This is certainly one of our favorite GT3 Touring builds we have had the pleasure of working on. We can't wait to see you take delivery and watch the build come together!
Chalk has beige undertones that will make it difficult to use the color on the original Sport Classic decal. Probably safer to just do the stripes on the doors in an alternative color that doesn’t fight with beige. Maybe you’ve done that here but if you have, it’s likely a different light gray than the one used on the 997.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:14 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

where will you buy the stripes?
Old 01-26-2018, 04:39 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks Gents, hopefully turns as as good as the render as a finished build!

Originally Posted by GT3

Looks great. No houndstooth inserts? I though it was included for the $88xx price, no?
No I will keep the original GT3T centres.

Originally Posted by 1Gunner

No Im going aftermarket. Although matts are genuine, will match the chalk matt edge with piping leather on seats.

Originally Posted by Lapis

Aftermarket. Went this way as its extremely difficult to get any straight answers here in Australia. PTS is hard enough. So to save myself the trouble, I visited a number of upholstery guys with the spec and inspected their work. As an added bonus, the cost is obviously much lower as well. Final decision is the leather colour as I'm going with an Analine which is a natural wearing (not auto finished), it will show marks and wear which is what i am looking for . Need to maintain and wax , condition etc. For reference its what was used in the early cars.

Originally Posted by WernerE

Chalk has beige undertones that will make it difficult to use the color on the original Sport Classic decal. Probably safer to just do the stripes on the doors in an alternative color that doesn’t fight with beige. Maybe you’ve done that here but if you have, it’s likely a different light gray than the one used on the 997.
Yes agree, plan is to get a range of grey vinyls and match. I think this will be the difficult part because of this grey / beige hint in different light that chalk has. If I cant get right, the default is matt black, for for a start ill try for a beige / grey if its exists. But is the beige hue, then then works with the brown of the leather inserts / bolster etc. So hopefully works.

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
where will you buy the stripes?
Haven't decided. Working with a local detailer guy here and chasing samples this month. Any ideas ?
Old 01-26-2018, 06:24 AM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I wish they would add blue to the color options !!
This is black
Old 01-26-2018, 08:36 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Looks great. When I did my initial configuration I spec'd chalk with dark grey stripes just like your car as I wanted to emulate the 997 Sport Classic which I think is the best looking Porsche that has ever been built. But in the end decided to go GR to match my 964 RS. Looking at yours,I have a twinge of regret.
Thanks Chris. I actually like your GR choice for that reason and its link to your 964. But agree, on the classic. I did start there, but headed in slightly different direction by end. That said, with a bit of attention I think you could emulate it pretty closely. Go CXX with the dark brown leather and chalk piping. Also take the satin aluminium wheel and vinyl coat the spoke black (better then a silver stripe i think) for example.

Im thinking mine ended up what we call a "bitza" being short for bits of everything.
So here is the list of all the historical cues on this one: (hence bitza!)

- corduroy seat centre / Carrera RS touring
- Gear Stick / 911R carbon
- Brown Aniline natural leather / 356 era
- dual centre hood stripe / 997 sport classic
- black gurney flap / not sure.. maybe the black rubber on the early whale tails ?
- contrast seat piping / 85 carrera
- wheel rim stripe / the wheel stripe on this gt3 ? any earlier ?
- Mesh grill / 70s 911.
- side decal / was on a few vehicles before the R made more popular recently..
- GT3 body / GT3
- 4NA Engine / GT3
- LWB / 918's
- gear box / 911R
- Rego plate..firing order of engine A =1.

Admittedly just making these up now....

Last edited by Oldmxnut; 01-26-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:19 AM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The black painted Gurney Flap really works on your render. I'm thinking it might not look as good without the hood stripes, but with them its fantastic and really makes the rear end 'work', whereas I dont think the stock Touring rear end imho isn't great.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:00 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Thanks Chris. I actually like your GR choice for that reason and its link to your 964. But agree, on the classic. I did start there, but headed in slightly different direction by end. That said, with a bit of attention I think you could emulate it pretty closely. Go CXX with the dark brown leather and chalk piping. Also take the satin aluminium wheel and vinyl coat the spoke black (better then a silver stripe i think) for example.

Im thinking mine ended up what we call a "bitza" being short for bits of everything.
So here is the list of all the historical cues on this one: (hence bitza!)

- corduroy seat centre / Carrera RS touring
- Gear Stick / 911R carbon
- Brown Aniline natural leather / 356 era
- dual centre hood stripe / 997 sport classic
- black gurney flap / not sure.. maybe the black rubber on the early whale tails ?
- contrast seat piping / 85 carrera
- wheel rim stripe / the wheel stripe on this gt3 ? any earlier ?
- Mesh grill / 70s 911.
- side decal / was on a few vehicles before the R made more popular recently..
- GT3 body / GT3
- 4NA Engine / GT3
- LWB / 918's
- gear box / 911R
- Rego plate..firing order of engine A =1.

Admittedly just making these up now....
Its going to look stunning. And good taste from an Aussie too.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:59 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

A little birdie told me that deviated stitching is now available on Touring. But I still don't see it on the configurator.

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 01-26-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:25 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Full analine leather in a car is somewhat crazy unless it is garaged. Analine leather is not UV stable. I assume you are getting a semi analine?

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..