New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 01:47 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Dot23RS

supposedly the first and only NA Bespoke Rover but I’m not 100% sure if that’s true. The process has been very very difficult but excited to see the outcome. We did full what would be “CXX” so we’ll see how the blue “deviated” stitching, interior and calipers turns out.
Cool. I am a huge Land Rover guy. Rover did some stuff in the mid 90s. There are some one off color trucks floating around, but the US never got the autobiography special vehicles option to do your own thing. Good to see them bringing it here.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:38 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Just got called from two brokers with configurable allocations. One of the allocations is Weissach package available. PM me for details if interested in the contacts.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Thats a nice circle jerk you guys have going over these tourings with obscure paint jobs. 20 less horsepower at speed, cant tell the difference between a touring and a base carrera, and 13k for paint is not going to thrill most porsche buyers off rennlist. Quite the opposite in fact. There is always two sides to the story and I am glad we are hearing yours loud and clear. I hope you comprehend most people (take anyone of my friends for instance that also love fast cars), would think 13k for a paint job is idiotic and would be very confused I would ever get the wing deleted on a gt3.

Leads me to the question why anyone on here is putting tourings or pts on pedestals... I can tell you why, the 911r and the fact pts used to be rare once upon a time. There will be more and more tourings made and people will stop caring about them (diminishing sparkle) as porsche will sell as many as possible, they are not limited at all. Pts has already become common from this last round of gt3's proving that, whether you want to admit it or not. When 1 out of every 5 cars is pts on the used market and the premium turns into nothing, as most people dgaf, especially factoring in the 13k price tag people will stop ordering them new. GOOD NEWS THOUGH! Pts will be rare again because very few people will want to get reamed 13k and have no value at the end, but for the ones that just dont care about price, they will again have a car in a color no one else got.

We have not seen the adjustment yet. when you sell your touring in 3 years for 150k, I am guessing you wont order pts again...
take a deep breath, step away from edge
Old 12-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
lol lol That post contained lots of things, strong personal opinion presented as fact based upon a small sample set, prognostication regarding rationale for purchasing a particular vehicle and it’s specific options, and sincere concern for our long term financial future. As someone once said it contained “every elegance and virtue except truthfulness and connection to reality” for many of us.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:50 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

^^LoL.. exactly.. Some guys on here **** $13k for breakfast...
Old 12-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Originally Posted by Closertotruth
lol lol That post contained lots of things, strong personal opinion presented as fact based upon a small sample set, prognostication regarding rationale for purchasing a particular vehicle and it’s specific options, and sincere concern for our long term financial future. As someone once said it contained “every elegance and virtue except truthfulness and connection to reality” for many of us.
Originally Posted by RealityGT
^^LoL.. exactly.. Some guys on here **** $13k for breakfast...
lol both so true ^^^^^^
Old 12-19-2018, 04:35 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 612 Likes on 342 Posts

lol both so true ^^^^^^
I actually never said my personal opinion on the matter outside the delusion on RESALE VALUE. I connected that with the fact they simply are not "rare" cars...Just take that piece if nothing else. Look i am going to get reamed on resale value, I will admit it NO ONE ELSE HERE WILL!

secondly, I I never said anyone here cant afford 13k paint job. I am sure most can if they are spending 200k...

Fact: Tourings are not limited nor rare (one at BH porsche 175k sticker up for grabs)
Fact: PTS is not rare as it was picked as a class more than any other single color
Fiction: Fill in the blank delusional value troll on Rennlist will be able to sell a used gt3 touring for over 235k

Any other dumb responses from people feeling insecure about the value of their ultra limited edition Porsche 1 off?
Old 12-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone better get out of a 911 and call 911......sadly looks like he jumped.😢
Old 12-19-2018, 09:38 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I actually never said my personal opinion on the matter outside the delusion on RESALE VALUE. I connected that with the fact they simply are not "rare" cars...Just take that piece if nothing else. Look i am going to get reamed on resale value, I will admit it NO ONE ELSE HERE WILL!

secondly, I I never said anyone here cant afford 13k paint job. I am sure most can if they are spending 200k...

Fact: Tourings are not limited nor rare (one at BH porsche 175k sticker up for grabs)
Fact: PTS is not rare as it was picked as a class more than any other single color
Fiction: Fill in the blank delusional value troll on Rennlist will be able to sell a used gt3 touring for over 235k

Any other dumb responses from people feeling insecure about the value of their ultra limited edition Porsche 1 off?
Fact: many people do things because they like them and don't give a **** whether they're "rare" or not

Fact: Irish Green, Slate Grey, Gulf Blue and a hundred other PTS colors are amazing and puke in the face of all the colors in the standard Porsche palette.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:38 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 612 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Fact: many people do things because they like them and don't give a **** whether they're "rare" or not

Fact: Irish Green, Slate Grey, Gulf Blue and a hundred other PTS colors are amazing and puke in the face of all the colors in the standard Porsche palette.
I'll agree with the first fact, the second one is delusional.

On the subject of Gulf blue "puking in the face of all the standard porsche colors"... YOU'RE IN LUCK!

BRAND NEW 2018 Porsche GT3 GULF BLUE on the ground at BH porsche. So weird that it is the best color, yet it's been sitting there for a month and a half... Anyways, if that is your cup of tea, talk to Sam at BH I am sure they will sell that thing for 10k over maybe sticker, I have no idea as it hasn't moved in over 6 weeks...

Old 12-19-2018, 11:47 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Originally Posted by Closertotruth

Someone better get out of a 911 and call 911......sadly looks like he jumped.��

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by rick brooklyn

nail on head
Old 12-19-2018, 11:56 PM
victorc31
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

How are you guys finding new GT3s on the lots. This one at BH isn't listed on their site and I don't see any new GT3s advertised anywhere.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:02 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,787 Likes on 4,776 Posts

Originally Posted by victorc31
How are you guys finding new GT3s on the lots. This one at BH isn't listed on their site and I don't see any new GT3s advertised anywhere.
That smartphone you have in your hand? There's a telephone function. Try it sometime.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:20 AM
wishman44
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by victorc31
In other threads I’ve seen statements that Porsche frowns upon dealers listing GT cars and other statements that it’s only for cars they are selling above MSRP. Either way it’s best to be proactive and reach out to as many dealers as possible if you are looking for a GT car.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by wishman44

In other threads I’ve seen statements that Porsche frowns upon dealers listing GT cars and other statements that it’s only for cars they are selling above MSRP. Either way it’s best to be proactive and reach out to as many dealers as possible if you are looking for a GT car.
also try autotrader ... and sometimes even the PUSA website can be a source for finding listings... sometimes it’s listed at the P. USA website and not actually showing up in the dealer website. Also Instagram... find the dealers there.... seems social media is a loop hole for dealer posting (for now)...

just for a matter of comparison, I noticed today via Autotrader that there are a few examples of cars sitting in inventory for over three months —they were there when I bought mine, and I looked into some of them. With that said, and again just to exemplify the other extreme, my local dealer already sold and and bought one same car three times within the last 6 months... they probably profited $50k + on these transactions easily (for a GT3)...

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM