Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've got a GT3 allocation, but I need some advice!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 07:43 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lot's of pics as well. RY looks great to my eyes.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:57 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Do the deal! Sounds perfectly fair and you'll love the car : )

Most people love the LWBs, although some find them a bit too upright which isn't very ideal for a helmet/HANS. If you feel you could use some extra headroom/recline, we developed an LWB seat angle adjuster that accomplished that. That being said, if you try them out and they aren't quite your cup of tea at first, don't ditch them just yet haha.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

FYI- I just got an allocation at msrp as well. My dealer wanted 5k deposit. Non refundable.

i was going to argue about the non refundable part but then I thought- there is zero chance I'm not buying the car. Even if I change my mind, I'll buy it and sell it or give the allocation to a friend - have plenty that want the car as well.

second- if push comes to shove- they can't keep your money. If they don't sell you the car or you back out, I'm sure somelawywr can get my 5k back. Now the lawyer may charge more but that is a story for another day.

at the end of the day- I didn't let the non refundable part stop me from reserving the car. Good luck and congrats
Old 09-08-2017, 09:47 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
FYI- I just got an allocation at msrp as well. My dealer wanted 5k deposit. Non refundable.

i was going to argue about the non refundable part but then I thought- there is zero chance I'm not buying the car. Even if I change my mind, I'll buy it and sell it or give the allocation to a friend - have plenty that want the car as well.

second- if push comes to shove- they can't keep your money. If they don't sell you the car or you back out, I'm sure somelawywr can get my 5k back. Now the lawyer may charge more but that is a story for another day.

at the end of the day- I didn't let the non refundable part stop me from reserving the car. Good luck and congrats
Same deal here... $5k non refundable down at MSRP, 6mt PTS!
Old 09-09-2017, 07:23 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

5K refundable then another 5K at lock-in and all non-refutable....have 3 months to decide what I will do.....spec is done....will make a few changes......
Old 09-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Agent-GHQ
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also looking to pick up my first Porsche GT3 but I've never paid full price or the artificial msrp game they slap on the window! Every pennies counts in my book and I've work just as hard as anyone for their money. That said, I'm still going to seek for discounts. If I don't get the price that I'm willing to pay and feel it isn't worth it to me then I walk out.

I understand a deposit to secure a spot but a non refundable deposit is just robbery, esp $10k. My deposit for my M3 E92 was $1K. Yeah I know the M3 cost less and all but still.

Last, the $3K ED is intended for the dealer to cough up not the buyer. Obviously this would explain why the dealership are reluctant on ED buyers.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:01 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ
I'm also looking to pick up my first Porsche GT3 but I've never paid full price or the artificial msrp game they slap on the window! Every pennies counts in my book and I've work just as hard as anyone for their money. That said, I'm still going to seek for discounts. If I don't get the price that I'm willing to pay and feel it isn't worth it to me then I walk out.

I understand a deposit to secure a spot but a non refundable deposit is just robbery, esp $10k. My deposit for my M3 E92 was $1K. Yeah I know the M3 cost less and all but still.

Last, the $3K ED is intended for the dealer to cough up not the buyer. Obviously this would explain why the dealership are reluctant on ED buyers.
Awesome! Let us know how much discount off of MSRP you end up paying in the US..
Old 09-10-2017, 08:45 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 428 Posts

Good Luck! Please keep us updated on what type of discount you get on a new GT3. perhaps I wasn't low-balling enough by insisting on both MRSP and ED? I feel kinda cheated now.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:02 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Old 09-10-2017, 09:05 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Good Luck! Please keep us updated on what type of discount you get on a new GT3. perhaps I wasn't low-balling enough by insisting on both MRSP and ED? I feel kinda cheated now.
I don't think my sarcasm comes through. You ain't getting a new GT3.2 my friend.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Agent-GHQ
7th Gear

The problem that I see here is that some buyers lacks the patience and perhaps not negotiating at the buyers terms. I understand these cars are special and in a league of their own and all but don't give the dealer an inch or they will take a mile. I'm definitely not loosing sleep if they can't sell one between invoice and the artificial msrp.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:20 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

The problem that I see here is that some buyers lacks the patience and perhaps not negotiating at the buyers terms. I understand these cars are special and in a league of their own and all but don't give the dealer an inch or they will take a mile. I'm definitely not loosing sleep if they can't sell one between invoice and the artificial msrp.
If You get invoice That dealer must have no other customers which is hard to believe.
Or the dealer is your family.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

As long as there is demand from individuals that make an emotional purchase they will drop any amount of cash they are asked for, and I'm sure there are plenty out there.
I'm not wealthy enough to say: "ok I will pay you 25K over MSRP ", and I do understand that 10K as a downpayment is realistic.

But with the ED the dealer will get one more allocation, which at this point I'm paying 3K for. I would like to spend that 3K either on options for my car or on tires while I enjoy the car on various race tracks. The dealer will get one more allocation and they will make their profit on the next customer that comes through.
Bellow MSRP, that would be witchcraft!!

Now, I could skip altogether the ED and take delivery of the car either in ATL or here in IL, then I can drive around N. America and enjoy a great road trip... Hmmmmm decisions, decisions.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:46 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Okay. sounds great... So, you're not getting one.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:50 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

This is a joke, right?

Quick Reply: I've got a GT3 allocation, but I need some advice!