Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've got a GT3 allocation, but I need some advice!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 04:54 PM
silvertige
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Series
This is a joke, right?
He looks pretty new to the GT scene; giving him the benefit of the doubt. Or he's trolling.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:21 PM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
He looks pretty new to the GT scene; giving him the benefit of the doubt. Or he's trolling.
Seems our friend is not familiar with the GT program, I honestly don't believe he's trolling, just not aware of the GT market and what people are trying to achieve with these models. Let's say these are not M cars but way more special!
Old 09-14-2017, 05:21 PM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Today I locked in to my 2018 GT3, aiming for delivery on May 31st in Leipzig!
Here's my code.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJF3XCF0
Old 09-15-2017, 08:43 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
Originally Posted by Nemesis77
Seems our friend is not familiar with the GT program, I honestly don't believe he's trolling, just not aware of the GT market and what people are trying to achieve with these models. Let's say these are not M cars but way more special!
Crawled & shows that he is a Transformer gamer/collector/M3 V8 worshipper... Dam Harris and his YT vids...
Old 09-15-2017, 09:40 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Here's my code.
Nice stripper spec...
Old 09-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Nice stripper spec...

Thank you, I gave it a lot of thought and although there were some items that I would have added I decided to get only the absolutely necessary, I just wish there was a club sport package for us here in the US!
After all it's a track car that can be driven on regular roads!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:51 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ
I'm also looking to pick up my first Porsche GT3 but I've never paid full price or the artificial msrp game they slap on the window! Every pennies counts in my book and I've work just as hard as anyone for their money. That said, I'm still going to seek for discounts. If I don't get the price that I'm willing to pay and feel it isn't worth it to me then I walk out.

I understand a deposit to secure a spot but a non refundable deposit is just robbery, esp $10k. My deposit for my M3 E92 was $1K. Yeah I know the M3 cost less and all but still.

Last, the $3K ED is intended for the dealer to cough up not the buyer. Obviously this would explain why the dealership are reluctant on ED buyers.
^
Old 09-15-2017, 02:54 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Here's my code.
No extended range fuel tank?
Old 09-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Originally Posted by johnny2five
No extended range fuel tank?
No, I'm not sure if I will need it, I won't daily this car so going to the track pump 100 octane, run, and then on my way back fill up again 93, it will be about the right amount of gas tank I need in order not to run too heavy on the track.
I'm also contemplating if I should add the sport chrono package.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:16 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

No, I'm not sure if I will need it, I won't daily this car so going to the track pump 100 octane, run, and then on my way back fill up again 93, it will be about the right amount of gas tank I need in order not to run too heavy on the track.
I will have similar usage but I hate filling up so I feel the extra capacity is worth it. If weight is a concern, you can always fill it up part way. I would guess the weight difference between the smaller and larger tank itself is minimal.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Originally Posted by johnny2five
I will have similar usage but I hate filling up so I feel the extra capacity is worth it. If weight is a concern, you can always fill it up part way. I would guess the weight difference between the smaller and larger tank itself is minimal.
I have a friend that has the .1 with the regular gas tank and we did exactly the same trip that I will be doing with mine and there was no issue, don't forget once I get up there I'm filling up with 100 octane gas, and I really don't want to have the tank bellow 1/4 ever. But we'll see I still have some time to change the build if I need before it goes to production.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:33 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

I've heard anecdotes that having a little bit more weight in the front of the car where the tank is actually helps high speed turn ins by increasing the traction of the front tires and reducing understeer, similar to trail braking.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:33 PM
JRidge
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my code.
almost identical to my build, LOL, except my wheels are platinum satin instead of black and I added the front axle lift. Expecting my GBM stripper in late November. Can't wait to see it in the metal!

For a while I thought I was going to be all alone with GBM but seems I'm seeing more and more folks choosing it.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Nemesis77
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
I've heard anecdotes that having a little bit more weight in the front of the car where the tank is actually helps high speed turn ins by increasing the traction of the front tires and reducing understeer, similar to trail braking.
Ha! I guess I will be getting couple piglets for the front trunk then...

Originally Posted by JRidge
almost identical to my build, LOL, except my wheels are platinum satin instead of black and I added the front axle lift. Expecting my GBM stripper in late November. Can't wait to see it in the metal!

For a while I thought I was going to be all alone with GBM but seems I'm seeing more and more folks choosing it.
That's awesome! Get pictures and post, I'm so excited for mine and I'm trying not to think of it too much, without doing really good job at it. lol
I still think that there will not be that many GBM ones. I wish we could have a count for each color so far from Porsche.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:02 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Here's my code.
Never been a fan of painted interior trim but I LOVE that look in GBM. Still have to decide on a color myself.

Quick Reply: I've got a GT3 allocation, but I need some advice!