juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Congrats, which blue is that?
Originally Posted by 0to60
Looks like Mexico Blue
Riviera Blue

​​​​​​​Actually the picture is VERY accurate to the color in real life (under sun light)
Old 05-23-2018, 11:20 AM
MatthiasAK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
I'll take a few more once it finally stops raining here in PA. Just had the entire car wet sanded and polished to help level the clear coat, as it is super soft. Looks pretty good, and helped with orange peel a bit. This stuff is completely different than plasti-dip. I will say it before anybody that I HATE spray wraps, as usually you can almost see the rubber-ish texture to them, as well as the spray lines, but a good installer makes a world of difference. The coloration on mine is all perfectly even, and the Haloefx clear coat is incredile. Feels just like paint, and is self healing like PPF.

I didn't opt to do the door jambs as that would have almost doubled the cost of install, and I switch the wrap every few months. Only went with a spray so I could match Ultraviolet, and I am beyond happy with it. My installer also told me for even more money, you are able to wet sand and polish each layer, and it completely elimnates the appearance of any orange peel from the OEM paint or wrap, and provides the ultimate gloss.

Oh, and you can ceramic coat it! Haha

Don't mean to make this sound like a sales pitch, we don't even offer it or do any installs for anything, just sharing my experience and satisfaction with a new technology! With the right installer, this is a great alternative for guys who want to change the color of their car but aren't happy with the texture/appearance of seams with wraps.
Didn't know this technology was around. Game changer
Old 05-23-2018, 12:10 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by juanpablo046
Riviera Blue

Actually the picture is VERY accurate to the color in real life (under sun light)
​​​​​​​Love Rivi!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:58 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by juanpablo046
Riviera Blue

Actually the picture is VERY accurate to the color in real life (under sun light)
Looks great, congrats on the car!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:13 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Excellent news for roughly 88 Porsche nuts may be imminent!
Old 05-24-2018, 09:15 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Excellent news for roughly 88 Porsche nuts may be imminent!
When we’ll we see more pics of your car?
Old 05-24-2018, 10:28 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 224 Posts

Build fix date just slipped almost a month out for me.... but arrival at my dealer now shows 3 weeks earlier than before. 8/31!
Old 05-24-2018, 10:29 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

PEC LA Delivery today.
Pastel Orange
Had the most incredible experience today. The coaches and staff at PECLA made today incredible and one of the most special days of our lives! So thankful!
Everything and more than expected!

Old 05-24-2018, 11:00 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

mpicseric I would have never guessed I would be surprised by one of the "confidential" rennlisters on the list! Congrats and let me say "our" color looks great! Did you do Pepita inserts on the seats? That will look great with platinum stitching and aluminum trim... Sunny pics?

Last edited by montoya; 05-25-2018 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:23 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

PTS is back! My October Touring build is now a thing again. I hear those PTS builds previously pulled will be honored. Porsche came through in the end. Pleads have not fallen on deaf ears as I originally believed.

At this point, what's unclear is whether or not the window is opening for all 991 GT cars.

Contact your sales rep if your order was impacted by the stop order. I bet you'll get some good news.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

PTS is back! My October Touring build is now a thing again. I hear those PTS builds previously pulled will be honored. Porsche came through in the end. Pleads have not fallen on deaf ears as I originally believed.

At this point, what's unclear is whether or not the window is opening for all 991 GT cars.

Contact your sales rep if your order was impacted by the stop order. I bet you'll get some good news.
The list is full- LOL! Good news, just remember to give me all of your information for the list!
Old 05-25-2018, 10:54 AM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AA68
Enjoy it and looks great.
Thank you!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

This is excellent. The Exclusive rep I've been talking to conveyed that they expected PTS to return with confirmation by end of week (today).
Old 05-25-2018, 11:34 AM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by montoya
mpicseric I would have never guessed I would be surprised by one of the "confidential" rennlisters on the list! Congrats and let me say "our" color looks great! Did you do Pepita inserts on the seats? That will look great with platinum stitching and aluminum trim... Sunny pics?
The fun of the surprise is exactly why we choose to keep it "confidential". It was difficult to keep secret as we got the allocation July 17 and locked our build end of August while at Monterey Week. Almost a year start to delivery.
I tried to keep the Porsche generational styling throughout the build while trying to keep the interior light. I try to never mix more than black trim/headlights and the car color on the outside, and not make the interior to busy. This keeps the look clean and congruent though the sight lines.
The standard leather/alcantara interior with silver deviated stitching and silver stripes in the LWB seat really work well together with standard gauges. One cool bonus of Pastel Orange is that the tick marks on the standard gauges and center clock are matching orange.
The build was focused on performance and driving.
Driving - front lift, light design, LED PDLS Black headlights, auto dimming mirrors, smoking package, Bose sound system, passenger luggage net
Performance - PDK, LWB seats, PCCBs, extended range fuel tank, sport design, fire extinguisher.
The 3 options I did that fell outside the Driving and Performance theme were the Paint to Sample/Black everything exterior, Lighted aluminum door sills and aluminum look fuel cap.

It was really special to be the first ever driving coach in North America (LA and Atlanta) to take delivery of a car at an Experience Center.

We are so happy with this car!

Can't wait to see your build! I am very excited for you! Maybe at Monterey week and or Rennsport?

Best,

Eric
Old 05-25-2018, 01:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Congrats on the car Eric, looks sharp. We do a monthly drive on Ortega like once a month, let me know if you are down to join us.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order