Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a CGTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Yogi911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a CGTS

Hey guys im looking for a CGTS. Ive been looking for like 10 months or so but didnt get serious until august because i wasnt sure exactly what i wanted. Well now i know...

I check the usual spots but if anyone has any leads im all ears.

Must Haves
PASM (A lot of times this is the hard one to find)
PDK (relatively easy to find)
18 way seats (this is next hardest to find i think)
Bose (easy find)

Wants
Nav
Premium plus
GTS interior pkg

Nice to haves
Vented seats
Sport steering wheel
PTV
Black or grey wheels

Basically the car i want is fully loaded with a sticker in the 93-97k range.

Color prefs
Saph Blue
Agate Grey
Dark Blue
Black
Red
Yellow
White
Silver

Im sure the right car will pop up eventually but who knows when, and at what price. Im looking for a deal on one or i would have just bought new.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:14 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 149 Posts

Couple of comments. GTSs come standard with PASM AND the sport-design steering wheel, FYI. But many, like me, MUCH prefer the awesome X73. Have you tried it? I wouldn't buy a GTS without it, but if I were you, make sure you really want PASM. Heck, car looks much better with X73 as well. The second comment is you cannot have ventilated seats with the GTS interior package, FYI. That's one reason I didn't want it. And THAT is very hard to find, but ventilated seats were a deal-breaker for me. And they're great. The other reason is I had Alcantara on seats, shifter, and steering wheel before, and never again on touching surfaces. My car has it on the headliner (standard on GTSs), which is exactly where it belongs. And my black interior looks awesome with black brushed aluminum, by the way; it'd had been too much contrast also aluminum color. The vent bezels, door handles, and shifter are just the perfect contrast touch. Finally, I'd avoid the black man. My car is black, but it's a b*tch to maintain. It scratches just looking at it the wrong way. Plus it'd look sinister with all black wheels, so glad mine came with the awesome turbo ones in black (polished faces), but it was 3 grand more. My car was right at 100, with almost all options, including PDK and sport tailpipes, but excluding Burmester and PCCB (which I didn't want), plus GTS exterior painted package. I wanted that one, but glad as heck my car didn't have it. For one, I'd have scraped the crap out of it with the installation of Zunsport grilles. Plus the front lip and rear diffuser would look like crap now, with just 4K miles, with all the road debris that has hit them. And remember no clearbra can cover it. That's one of those options that only look great when new. At least where I live. Below is a picture with the Zunsport grilles and 35% tint (don't remember if it had the full front+ clearbra there or not). Good luck man.
Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Have you tried the " Porsche Car Locator ".

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-custo...list.ipl?cid=1

Originally Posted by Yogi911
Hey guys im looking for a CGTS. Ive been looking for like 10 months or so but didnt get serious until august because i wasnt sure exactly what i wanted. Well now i know...

I check the usual spots but if anyone has any leads im all ears.

Must Haves
PASM (A lot of times this is the hard one to find)
PDK (relatively easy to find)
18 way seats (this is next hardest to find i think)
Bose (easy find)

Wants
Nav
Premium plus
GTS interior pkg

Nice to haves
Vented seats
Sport steering wheel
PTV
Black or grey wheels

Basically the car i want is fully loaded with a sticker in the 93-97k range.

Color prefs
Saph Blue
Agate Grey
Dark Blue
Black
Red
Yellow
White
Silver

Im sure the right car will pop up eventually but who knows when, and at what price. Im looking for a deal on one or i would have just bought new.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Yogi911
Racer

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Couple of comments. GTSs come standard with PASM AND the sport-design steering wheel, FYI. But many, like me, MUCH prefer the awesome X73. Have you tried it? I wouldn't buy a GTS without it, but if I were you, make sure you really want PASM. Heck, car looks much better with X73 as well. The second comment is you cannot have ventilated seats with the GTS interior package, FYI.
Im aware of the suspension options. I have tried both, this car is a "road trip" / daily car for me and the PASM is obviously much more comfortable. If this was my "fun" weekend car i would def get x73 but it is not so PASM for me. And as you know most like the x73 so pasm is hard to find.

As for the steering wheel. I know the sport is std but some of the fully optioned cars seem to add the multifunction which as we know is not an "upgrade"

And im aware of the vented seats/gts int thing but vent seats in 18-way are very hard to find. This is my pref but im realistic so if i cant find them i figure might as well get the interior package cause it looks amazing. That being said i am concerned about alcantara everywhere like you mentioned. Im also curious if alcantara or leather (non vented) seats will sit cooler for long trips. I have a feeling it might actually be the perforated leather (alcantara cooler first getting in on hot day but leather ultimately cooler after a long sit?)

Basically your car sounds like exactly what i want - the x73. And maybe the black
Old 10-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Yogi911
Racer

Originally Posted by Jim137a
Have you tried the " Porsche Car Locator ". http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-custo...list.ipl?cid=1
I have thanks. Just waiting on the right car.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

There are quite a few out there. New ones are up to 20% off. A couple are marked as 'used' even though they have not been titled.

I was looking for PDK, sport suspension (don't want PASM), and PTV. Not an easy combo. Some knuckleheads add the power steering plus - why??? The GTS interior is a must IMO. Otherwise, just get a Cayman S. Hate ventilated seats - would never order them again and I live in the desert! I guess that's why they are called options.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:24 AM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Try this. Filter down to GTS. I saw 23 listings nationwide through this site.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true
Old 10-15-2016, 04:28 AM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

I looked for awhile for my car and I can't recall seeing any listed at 20% off. My friend is interested in CGTS - if you could point me in the direction of something near 20% off I'd appreciate it.

Good luck with your search.

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
There are quite a few out there. New ones are up to 20% off. A couple are marked as 'used' even though they have not been titled.

I was looking for PDK, sport suspension (don't want PASM), and PTV. Not an easy combo. Some knuckleheads add the power steering plus - why??? The GTS interior is a must IMO. Otherwise, just get a Cayman S. Hate ventilated seats - would never order them again and I live in the desert! I guess that's why they are called options.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:07 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Some knuckleheads add the power steering plus
My car has it, and let me tell you, it's absolutely perfect. In case you didn't know, PS+ is the German steering, and the way the car was designed. And it's not light by any means. For that try a Ferrari; you can steer with your pinky in those (hate that), like an old Buick.

Yogi, it took me months to find my car, and since I thought they were already out of production back in February (as told by the Austin dealer), I jumped on mine when I found it, even though I didn't want black... but it basically had everything I wanted. Plus some extra options I didn't, like the expensive wheels and sport tailpipes, but car looked better with those. Mine was a special order gone wrong. It's VERY hard to find a fully-loaded GTS, because most buyers (not me) prefer a GT4 at that price level. So no sane dealer orders a stock car loaded like that. Right now GTSs are out of production for sure, so you should be able to find ALL in transit or on dealer lots with a locator (like the one posted above). But you should be ready to buy right now. If you find one, need to jump on it immediately; they're in high demand. Heck, even if you offered me a 100K, I'd probably say no. He he. Good luck brother.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Yogi911
Racer

Bump it up.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:24 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Yogi911
Bump it up.

Here's one and the price seems fair.

https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/317639
Old 10-23-2016, 10:46 PM
Yogi911
Racer

Originally Posted by Jim137a
Here's one and the price seems fair. https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/317639
Thanks Jim that is exactly what im looking for options wise...unfortunately it is silver and my 911 is silver so it is the one color im not interested in. I have seen that one on cars.com and it is perfect. I just cant do silver, i already feel a little guilty getting another Porsche instead of a different brand of sports car so i need to at least switch it up a little color wise.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:01 PM
edkwon
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Some knuckleheads add the power steering plus - why???
Non-knucklehead here, have the Power Steering + in my GTS & I think it's a great option for low speed maneuvering in parking lots. Test drove 981s with & without this option and I'm glad I have it
Old 10-30-2016, 09:12 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 174 Posts

Drove my buddy's '16 CGTS 6-sp manual PASM in Sport Mode quite a bit this weekend. Lovely car. What struck me was how comparatively comfortably it rides vs my more "visceral" '05 Boxster S. 10-years of development does make for a big step in refinement. Really nice car.

Saw just about every standard color CGTS at Parade in Jay Peak this summer too. They all looked really nice. Personal pref on color, no bad ones IMHO.

Good luck in your search and enjoy.

Dave
'05 987S Arctic Silver over Blue
'92 968 Midnight Blue over SP3 ;-)

Quick Reply: Looking for a CGTS